Author Topic: ANS8 Master Checklist  (Read 62899 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: ANS 8 Master Checklist
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »
Yes, the way they were packed in the box was kinda weird, the box had the Target pre-printed price tag on the front. I didn't get the box, I only bought 3 packs. The store is just a few minutes away from me so if you need a number off of the box I can get it for you.
Are these packs 1.99 and contain 8 stickers?  Thanks for sharing your find!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »
Are these packs 1.99 and contain 8 stickers?  Thanks for sharing your find!
Yes, everything is the same except the pack is longer. They must have been selling fast because I go to that particular Target about every other day when new Wackys are coming out and there was only about 8 packs left when I found them.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
I am getting requests from people to purchase a rack pack from me. I only have a few packs left for myself. If I decide to turn loose of a few of them I will do it in the order in which I received the requests. Is that cool with everyone?
More than fair!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2011, 07:46:39 AM »
I decided to sell a few of the ANS8 rack packs so if anyone wants one shoot me a PM. The people that requested one offered me $10 - $12 per pack so I have set the price at $9 each shipped USPS first class mail with delivery confirmation. One per person please as I only have about 5 left.....orders will be filled in the order in which they are received by PM.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »
The odd's of a Silver Flash Foil seems to be higher than 1 to 6. (And Magnets for that fact)

Does this seem to be out of Wack? Or am I just being really unlucky with my odds and these pulls?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »
The odd's of a Silver Flash Foil seems to be higher than 1 to 6. (And Magnets for that fact)

Does this seem to be out of Wack? Or am I just being really unlucky with my odds and these pulls?

What is your source for packs? Feeds, boxes, blisters, rack packs or bonus boxes? Maybe you have been a victim of the pack searchers.   

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2011, 11:12:15 PM »
You are right. What are you baising this on?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2011, 09:01:35 AM »
You are right. What are you baising this on?

No exact science, just from my pulls from all the packs I've opened so far. So I was wondering if this is the same for others as it seems to be for me.

So far for me I've opened approx. 3 Bonus Boxes, 1 24pk box, 6 Blister Packs, and around 60 packs from the Gravity Feeds - both types.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »

What is your source for packs? Feeds, boxes, blisters, rack packs or bonus boxes? Maybe you have been a victim of the pack searchers.   

Nah, not a victim of the pack searchers, as my sources have been from all over as stated above.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2011, 09:09:34 AM »
No exact science, just from my pulls from all the packs I've opened so far. So I was wondering if this is the same for others as it seems to be for me.

So far for me I've opened approx. 3 Bonus Boxes, 1 24pk box, 6 Blister Packs, and around 60 packs from the Gravity Feeds - both types.

Have you kept track from the different pack sources?  I've been doing that, and any sealed box has met the stated ratios, but the gravity feeds are questionable at best.  Last week I took one last chance and bought the remaining 12 packs from a 24 feed at Walmart, because the cards weren't moved around in the packs, and I really want to encourage this store to stock Wackys.  But, out of 12 packs, for inserts I got no flash foils or tags.  That's just too much to believe as 'bad luck.'

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
Have you kept track from the different pack sources?  I've been doing that, and any sealed box has met the stated ratios, but the gravity feeds are questionable at best.  Last week I took one last chance and bought the remaining 12 packs from a 24 feed at Walmart, because the cards weren't moved around in the packs, and I really want to encourage this store to stock Wackys.  But, out of 12 packs, for inserts I got no flash foils or tags.  That's just too much to believe as 'bad luck.'

The Blister Packs and Bonus Boxes did seem to be pretty good to above with the insert ratio as I remember, so yeah, I guess the Gravity's are the questionable culprits.

Offline Chowdah

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »
My question is about the sketch cards.  Are there multiple cards for each individual sketches? 

I know of two "Anvil" (Tom Bunk) sketch cards from ANS8.  I saw one on Ebay this month and I pulled another one the other day.  If this were the case, then they are not "one of a kind" as indicated on the back.  Perhaps there are multiple sketches of the same item, but I am trying to verify before I sell this thing.

Thanks for the help.

Offline loki

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »
View Monster I just stumbled upon your eBay account, I bought a Target Bonus box from you. (You still seem to be the lowest price among all the other profiteers. $20-$30 for original price of $10, really?) Why does it seem the Target box is more rare?
Thanks in advance on here, and thanks on eBay once I get it in satisfactory condition.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2011, 05:45:47 PM »
My question is about the sketch cards.  Are there multiple cards for each individual sketches? 

I know of two "Anvil" (Tom Bunk) sketch cards from ANS8.  I saw one on Ebay this month and I pulled another one the other day.  If this were the case, then they are not "one of a kind" as indicated on the back.  Perhaps there are multiple sketches of the same item, but I am trying to verify before I sell this thing.

Thanks for the help.

One of the things that might be confusing you is that even though you can have 2 sketches of the same title done by the same artist, they are both considered 1/1 "one of a kind" because they were both hand drawn separately.  We really don't get any specific information from Topps on the ANS series as far as what titles and amounts of titles were done by artist sketches, so we pretty much have to go by what we see.  Does that help?

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
I decided to sell a few of the ANS8 rack packs so if anyone wants one shoot me a PM. The people that requested one offered me $10 - $12 per pack so I have set the price at $9 each shipped USPS first class mail with delivery confirmation. One per person please as I only have about 5 left.....orders will be filled in the order in which they are received by PM.

Thank You!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »
Is this on the list?  This may need to be added.  Does anyone know what dollar store these can be found?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-ANS8-Series-8-Gravity-Feed-4-Card-Packs-/120768462752?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1e5c7fa0
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:39:27 PM by lucidjc »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
Is this on the list?  This may need to be added.  Does anyone know what dollar store these can be found?
is what on the list? do you have a flow pack?  with ANS7 they showed up at some Dollar Trees

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »
is what on the list? do you have a flow pack?  with ANS7 they showed up at some Dollar Trees
I assumed he was referring to the 4 card packs.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 12:24:44 PM »

I think he added the link after the fact because I was wondering what he was referring to as well when I first read it.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
I did forget the link, i added it later.   I did find a 48 gravity feed at " Dollar Tree " 4 card flow packs.

Pack - 0-763-89-02-1 (foil)
Box - 2-763-03-03-1

LOL, the nicest Gravity feed box, at a shitty dollar store.....Hrmmmmmm :-\

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »
it helps when the link they are referring to is added...  ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:35:20 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »
I did forget the link, i added it later.   I did find a 48 gravity feed at " Dollar Tree " 4 card flow packs.

Pack - 0-763-89-02-1 (foil)
Box - 2-763-03-03-1

LOL, the nicest Gravity feed box, at a shitty dollar store.....Hrmmmmmm :-\
Thanks for this info. I'm still looking for a nice ans 8 GF box even if it's at a shitty $ tree, I'll just hold my breath for a minute.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2011, 05:45:04 PM »

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
Damnit!  But wait there's more!!!        Where the fudge do i find these now?????

with ANS7 they were sold through the toppsonline store. maybe they'll do that again.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »
Been to 3 different dollar trees, no flows there yo.  :sad:

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2011, 02:25:08 PM »
SPOTTED!!!      I just got back from a Target 40 miles away and noticed the blister packs i bought to open have B4 and B5 Bonus cards in them. I only had enough scratch for 4 blister packs but i got lucky and got 2 of each.  ;D  But now i dont have anything to open  :'( unless i keep 1 set unopened and open the other  ;D

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2011, 08:06:35 PM »
SPOTTED!!!      I just got back from a Target 40 miles away and noticed the blister packs i bought to open have B4 and B5 Bonus cards in them. I only had enough scratch for 4 blister packs but i got lucky and got 2 of each.  ;D  But now i dont have anything to open  :'( unless i keep 1 set unopened and open the other  ;D

Has anyone else encountered the B4 and B5 BLISTER packs?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 08:44:56 PM »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2011, 09:15:54 AM »
Has anyone noticed this on the coupon backs of the ANS 8 base singles?
2011 Topps Company, inc. For tracking info, please see www.topps.com. code# 7771101.

What is this about? I thought it may have been a drawing giveaway. Here's what I got:

Product: Wacky Packages Series 8
CP code: 7771101
Manufacturer: Cartamundi USA
Manufacturer date: 06/22/11 - 07/06/11
Address: 5101 Highland Place, Dallas TX 75236

It appears to be some kind of Safety Guideline requirement.

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »
Has anyone noticed this on the coupon backs of the ANS 8 base singles?
2011 Topps Company, inc. For tracking info, please see www.topps.com. code# 7771101.

What is this about? I thought it may have been a drawing giveaway. Here's what I got:
yeah, that's stuff's been on topps cards for over a year now. It was all over the ANS7 set as well.
it's a requirement laid down by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
it's kind of cool to see exactly where and when the cards are printed - with chase cards #'s different from base cards #'s
and if there's ever a 2nd printing of something, this could give definite proof
other than that, it kind of clutters the cards up.
and I'm not really sure how it's improved my safety either...

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
Now that I know the cards have been registered, I feel a lot safer when I read them or eat them.  :^)

I do also, as you stated, like the secondary benefit of knowing how many print runs were made and what year. That will help clear up anything questionable in the future. But of course, safety first, we all know how many of us kids from the 70's are suffering today from Wacky Card trauma.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2011, 04:30:26 AM »
yeah, that's stuff's been on topps cards for over a year now. It was all over the ANS7 set as well.
it's a requirement laid down by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
it's kind of cool to see exactly where and when the cards are printed - with chase cards #'s different from base cards #'s
and if there's ever a 2nd printing of something, this could give definite proof
other than that, it kind of clutters the cards up.
and I'm not really sure how it's improved my safety either...

I was glad they managed to leave it off the ANS7 and ANS8 backs that are center puzzle pieces, and off Old School.  Let's hope that continues!

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2011, 06:22:24 AM »
I was glad they managed to leave it off the ANS7 and ANS8 backs that are center puzzle pieces, and off Old School.  Let's hope that continues!
not on the OLDS or the postcards, so it must be the difference of selling through retail forcing those numbers on the ANS.
and just think - if you got a pack containing just center cards, your life could be in danger and you wouldn't even know it!  :-\

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »
not on the OLDS or the postcards, so it must be the difference of selling through retail forcing those numbers on the ANS.
and just think - if you got a pack containing just center cards, your life could be in danger and you wouldn't even know it!  :-\

Look what happened to Paul Lynde, middle square with no warning info all those years... He's dead now.
http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/item/358/726/91/Poo-Lynde-1.jpg
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »
Thanks for the complete details on this.  Much appreciated.

anything