Author Topic: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread  (Read 44973 times)

Offline lucidjc

Re: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »

Then where are they?
they are in the toys area that has action figures, rc vehicles, etc. Usually at the far end side of an aisle near the back wall of the store. one of the ends of an aisle will have mostly random blister packs. yu-gi, pokemon, gpk, wacky. At mine, at least, that's where they put the wacky cereal boxes and the 6-pack eraser blisters.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
they are in the toys area that has action figures, rc vehicles, etc. Usually at the far end side of an aisle near the back wall of the store. one of the ends of an aisle will have mostly random blister packs. yu-gi, pokemon, gpk, wacky. At mine, at least, that's where they put the wacky cereal boxes and the 6-pack eraser blisters.

The two Targets by me are set up similarly, with the toys and extra cards at the far right of the store, past the electronics.  All I found there this week were the eraser blisters, but I'll be checking again next week for the ANS8 blisters.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2011, 04:27:11 PM »
The two Targets by me are set up similarly, with the toys and extra cards at the far right of the store, past the electronics.  All I found there this week were the eraser blisters, but I'll be checking again next week for the ANS8 blisters.
ahh, that's right.
what I described is for the Super Target store layout. Pat is describing the layout for the regular Target.

Super Target has toys in the back, regular Target has toys on the right.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
ahh, that's right.
what I described is for the Super Target store layout. Pat is describing the layout for the regular Target.

Super Target has toys in the back, regular Target has toys on the right.

I went to 3 Targets today and found NOTHING.  :-[
and they are all in the middle of, or have recently added groceries and frozen foods which seems kinda weird. Are all Targets doing this?

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
I went to 3 Targets today and found NOTHING.  :-[
and they are all in the middle of, or have recently added groceries and frozen foods which seems kinda weird. Are all Targets doing this?

I don't know if all are doing this or not but at least one of my two local Targets has done this recently. Trying to keep up with Wal*Mart I guess??

Offline ilovenintendo

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
Cleared out my local Target today. One 47 pack gravity and two bonus boxes. Also wanted to edit and add that Topps QC is pretty bad. From the gravity packs I bought about 75 to 85 cards were horribly cut. Most have parts of the next sticker on them and some the cardstock itself was off and cut mis shaped.

What I pulled;

Two or more full base sets.
All but one magnet
All but two bag tags
Many pink and common paralell

And from the first Bonus Box

Neil Camera Band-Ache Sketch.

It is the first Sketch I have pulled so I am pretty stoked. I will try and get a pic up tonight.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:05:47 PM by ilovenintendo »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »
My target has collector cards in the front left, toys on the right with another section of collector cards, pain in the ass to check both places.  I bought two bonus boxes, left the entire gravity feed there untouched.  Maybe I will go back and buy a pack or two of the gravity feed at some point.  I didn't want to hog it as I want kids to have a chance to buy this stuff.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »
This is what I was asking earlier in this thread. If TRU was going to have some exclusive ANS 8 item.

Found ANS 8 today 7-28 at Target and Walmart. Nothing at TRU.

Got a Target Bonus box, and about 20 loose packs. Didn't even get a full base set from all those cards and was surprisingly waaaaay short on 25,26,27,13 and 14. Did get 2 motions,2 silver foils, 4 magnets. I also noticed that the wrappers were practically falling apart when you carefully try to open them. They were super thin and very frail. Didn't like the 2 different subsets of pack to the future, and movies in the one series, the subsets are O.K., but not both in one series. Love the motions, but would like to see them back in regular card form, these luggage tags seem really thin and also frail. Pink borders I can take or leave. Can't wait to see the sketches surface. Also noticed that the die cut machine is on steriods - every card seems to have the die cut mark straight through to the backside of the card. Any further and they would be punch outs. Save that for the Olds 3 series!

I did notice some really good, well done art and gag titles, but enough on the repeats already. I know someone stated before that Topps wanted items that were popular and easily identifiable, but damn how many dunkin, capn', crusts, aquafina's, krispies do we need !! Please bend a little on this. Anyone with me here?

I am totally with you on getting tired of seeing the same old products spoofed.  I don't even consider myself a collector any more, I will snag the sets just to have them as I am tired of "bling" being over used for ring and the same ole products being spoofed.  Worse comes to worse, they should spoof stores or generic brands like Nike so the artists can really go wild and make up their own characters.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »
I like some products being done over repeatedly. Sometimes the later spoofs are better then the earlier spoofs. There are some products I'd like to see spoofed again in every series. I'd like to start an album with each page dedicated to one product and see how the label and gag style changes over time.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »
I like some products being done over repeatedly. Sometimes the later spoofs are better then the earlier spoofs. There are some products I'd like to see spoofed again in every series. I'd like to start an album with each page dedicated to one product and see how the label and gag style changes over time.
You think the actual product label and design of products is changing as often as wackys decide to parody them?  I don't have data but my intuition says this is wrong therefore Topps is parodying the same product, same design which is terribly boring.  The problem is they have too many titles in a set and hence have trapped themselves into needing to reuse products.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2011, 08:42:25 PM »
Picked up a couple of Target bonus boxes today (in Vista CA) and a few packs from the gravity feed.  This series has a slight variation of that "New LP Smell" to them....
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »

I agree that occasionally some later spoofs are better, but I still would like to see new Wackys of products that haven't been spoofed yet at all. Even at the risk of the item not being super recognizable. It's been said here before about the early 70's Wackys and many of us as kids did not even know the product being spoofed BUT still loved the Wacky's and thought they were funny anyway because of the great art and gags. I did not recognized some of Dave's Old School parody products, but still enjoyed them a lot and prefer to see that over a repeat of another Crest, Dunkin, etc.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »
Back to topic, was in Cape May NJ today, ran into nearby Rio Grande Walmart. No Wackys at all there. Bummer. Thought I might get lucky and find a Blister or at least grab a few packs.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »
Back to topic, was in Cape May NJ today, ran into nearby Rio Grande Walmart. No Wackys at all there. Bummer. Thought I might get lucky and find a Blister or at least grab a few packs.

Aw, I was born not far from Cape May and lived in South Jersey until I was ten. Getting all nostalgic hearing about Rio Grande. I wonder if there's still a Shop-Rite grocery store there.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2011, 10:59:10 PM »
You think the actual product label and design of products is changing as often as wackys decide to parody them?  I don't have data but my intuition says this is wrong therefore Topps is parodying the same product, same design which is terribly boring.  The problem is they have too many titles in a set and hence have trapped themselves into needing to reuse products.
Wacky Packs have been going for 40 years now. Don't you think I might possibly have been referring to changes over decades rather than from series to series? Anyway that was just a bonus reason for seeing repeating brands. The main reason was far more relevant. Sometimes later parodies are better than earlier ones. There's plenty of room for repeat labels and uncommon labels. In a series of 80 cards why can't we have both? What is the point of choosing one over the other?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »
Wacky Packs have been going for 40 years now. Don't you think I might possibly have been referring to changes over decades rather than from series to series? Anyway that was just a bonus reason for seeing repeating brands. The main reason was far more relevant. Sometimes later parodies are better than earlier ones. There's plenty of room for repeat labels and uncommon labels. In a series of 80 cards why can't we have both? What is the point of choosing one over the other?
Don't you think I might possibly be referring to ANS reusing products over and over again within the ANS run?  I certainly don't have issues with redoing a parody that was used in the original series.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 10:19:18 AM »
I killed my Target box and got two magnets, a luggage tag, 2 future cards and a flash foil(I guess that was a good box eh?). 

I am so ignorant on this colored border crap I don't even know if I have a gold foil or regular.  Depending on how I hold it, the foil flips back and forth in looking silver or gold.  Any help out there?  Are the two foil types hard to distinguish?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2011, 11:27:39 AM »
Cleared out my local Target today. One 47 pack gravity and two bonus boxes. Also wanted to edit and add that Topps QC is pretty bad. From the gravity packs I bought about 75 to 85 cards were horribly cut. Most have parts of the next sticker on them and some the cardstock itself was off and cut mis shaped.

What I pulled;

Two or more full base sets.
All but one magnet
All but two bag tags
Many pink and common paralell

And from the first Bonus Box

Neil Camera Band-Ache Sketch.

It is the first Sketch I have pulled so I am pretty stoked. I will try and get a pic up tonight.

You had lots of good luck. In my gravity feed and bonus box, I got several dupes of mags and tags, without getting close to a full set of either. :( 
What a cool sketch you pulled!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »
I agree that occasionally some later spoofs are better, but I still would like to see new Wackys of products that haven't been spoofed yet at all. Even at the risk of the item not being super recognizable. It's been said here before about the early 70's Wackys and many of us as kids did not even know the product being spoofed BUT still loved the Wacky's and thought they were funny anyway because of the great art and gags. I did not recognized some of Dave's Old School parody products, but still enjoyed them a lot and prefer to see that over a repeat of another Crest, Dunkin, etc.

I don't mind a few repeats per series, but I think about half the ANS8 base set consists of reruns. That's way too many.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
I am so ignorant on this colored border crap I don't even know if I have a gold foil or regular.  Depending on how I hold it, the foil flips back and forth in looking silver or gold.  Any help out there?  Are the two foil types hard to distinguish?

Too funny! I had that same problem  :D  You need to hold it at a certain angle so the sparkle goes away - then you should be able to see either silver or gold.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
Regarding the "repeat" product parodies... I'd rather see a new take-off on a previously-parodied product than one on a product that I don't know. Product recognition has always been a big factor in my appreciation of a Wacky. The OS titles that I consider to be top-tier feature the most iconic brands.

The original series repeated brands within a relatively short span of time. From '73-'74 we had Poopsie, Burpsi, and Pupsi...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »
I killed my Target box and got two magnets, a luggage tag, 2 future cards and a flash foil(I guess that was a good box eh?). 

If you hit the silvers at certain angles they can look a little like the golds, but the golds don't look like silvers at any angle.  If you have any doubts it's probably a silver.  Side by side they look quite a bit different.  I actually like the look of the silvers better than the golds.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2011, 04:24:20 PM »

That is a pretty standard pull from the bonus boxes. I opened 6 with the exact same results as you.
As Rob said with the golds, it's pretty obvious. Really obvious in fact.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »
Don't you think I might possibly be referring to ANS reusing products over and over again within the ANS run?  I certainly don't have issues with redoing a parody that was used in the original series.

You're a pleasure to chat with.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:57 PM »
Took me 59 packs to complete one base set. Opening the 59th pack I finally got the last card I needed a Buzzerfinger.
I don't know if this is about average or not? 440 cards to get a 55 base run? Never really paid close attention to it before.

About the repeating titles, I do like Buzzerfinger, Hawaiin Pants, Livid Plumber, Chops Ahoy, Ballpoint Franks and Pop Aparts. That's quite a few considering the bitchin' I previously said, but it just seems to me when it is a repeat, and I do not like it, that the effort may have been better on a unused product. Also, the set does consist of a large amounts or repeated products. But - it is a very great job the artists have done and you cant help but like them when they are well done.

Among my fav.s are Trivial Lawsuit, Flunkables, Chef Boy U R Dum, Poo Poo Pets and Grenades and Ham.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:27:21 PM by Playbug »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »
If you hit the silvers at certain angles they can look a little like the golds, but the golds don't look like silvers at any angle.  If you have any doubts it's probably a silver.  Side by side they look quite a bit different.  I actually like the look of the silvers better than the golds.
I tried reviewing ebay and the scans of golds look crazily different from one to the next.  I am pretty sure I have a silver as golds could never look like silver so that helps me solve it.  These color borders suck.  My silver is up for grabs, I will trade it for basically anything of equal value.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2011, 07:22:56 PM »
That is a pretty standard pull from the bonus boxes. I opened 6 with the exact same results as you.
As Rob said with the golds, it's pretty obvious. Really obvious in fact.
so why dont people go crazy for bonus boxes?  Seems the pull far exceeds the odds and better than what people are reporting from display boxes.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
You're a pleasure to chat with.
Just following your lead.  You are unbelievable snarky to just about everyone all the time.  I haven't been here much so I am catching up on pages of messages and that is one very strong theme, your snarkiness.  If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't dish it out....

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »
so why dont people go crazy for bonus boxes?  Seems the pull far exceeds the odds and better than what people are reporting from display boxes.

They're not that easy to find. Each of my Targets only had 2.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
They're not that easy to find. Each of my Targets only had 2.

Was at our Taget today. Got the gravity feed box remaining packs and box  ;D and looked for the Blisters through out the store. Located the others cards Pokeman, etc. near the Toys and saw blisters there, but no Wacky blisters.  :'(

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »
Was at our Taget today. Got the gravity feed box remaining packs and box  ;D and looked for the Blisters through out the store. Located the others cards Pokeman, etc. near the Toys and saw blisters there, but no Wacky blisters.  :'(

I found the blisters at Target in the front with the rest of the trading cards. Thought that was strange, since most people are reporting that they're in the back with the toys.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2011, 10:01:36 PM »

If you're not sure if you have a gold, you have a silver. The silvers look silver in one position and gold in an other. The golds look very gold all the time.

Offline ilovenintendo

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »
You had lots of good luck. In my gravity feed and bonus box, I got several dupes of mags and tags, without getting close to a full set of either. :( 
What a cool sketch you pulled!

My luck was not as good the second time around but still did well. Picked up two more Bonus and 20 packs. It got me complete on everything but a few pinks and 1 tag. Also brought me up to 4 complete base sets and 1 card short of a 5th and close to a 6th and 7th. I am pretty much done buying I think. Although that sketch I pulled has me wanting to find another.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »
Just following your lead.  You are unbelievable snarky to just about everyone all the time.  I haven't been here much so I am catching up on pages of messages and that is one very strong theme, your snarkiness.  If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't dish it out....
You ran with the assumption that I think labels change as often as Wackys parody them. Sounds like you're calling me stupid. Then you stated a second time that Topps shouldn't be redundant. Once is fine. Twice is pushy. So I was a bit sarcastic responding. Sorry about that. It wouldn't have played out that way if were were talking instead of typing. As for Snarky, sharply critical, hell yeah that's me! Is this news to anyone?

anything