Author Topic: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread  (Read 44994 times)

Offline Swiski

Re: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
I emptied a Target top-loader today in Milwaukee. They also had two bonus boxes! No blister packs. I wish I could open them, but I sliced my index finger to the bone tonight working with power tools. Went to the hospital to get some stitches and a tetnis (?) shot. My left arm is a bit out of commission for a day.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:01 PM »
I emptied a Target top-loader today in Milwaukee. They also had two bonus boxes! No blister packs. I wish I could open them, but I sliced my index finger to the bone tonight working with power tools. Went to the hospital to get some stitches and a tetnis (?) shot. My left arm is a bit out of commission for a day.

You could have asked someone there to open more for you. ;)

j/k -- heal well! Good to hear there are bonus boxes though. Think I may just have to hit a Target soon.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 02:25:46 AM »
Made a special trip today to Walmart, Target, Five Below and Toys R Us. No ANS 8 here in S. Jersey yet.

An e-bay seller from Michigan has em, but none in S. NJ. Aren't they shipped from N.Y.? NJ is closer to NY than Michigan!

Vegas had 'em since yesterday. Jersey is getting screwed.

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »

Toppsonlinestore has the binder, blister packs, bonus boxes and regular boxes for sale. I just bought mine.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »
A Target in Saugus, Mass has them. I was surprised as they usually are the last place around to put them on the shelves.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
A Target in Saugus, Mass has them. I was surprised as they usually are the last place around to put them on the shelves.

Target in Crystal Lake and Algonquin HAD the cards (until I purchased them) full gravity and (2) bonus boxes each

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »
Walmart in Sidney Ohio has them.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »

Oh, I know, they are going to hit Jersey on their way back to N.Y. Now it makes sense.  :^)

Didn't get a chance to go out and find em today.  :-[
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
ANS8 gravity feeds at wal*mart in the Houston, TX area.
The local Target hadn't unpacked their Excel boxes, but the g-feed and bonus boxes were probably in there. I did find the 6-pack of erasers in the back of the store, but nothing else.
Nothing at TRU either

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »
I did find the 6-pack of erasers in the back of the store, but nothing else.
Nothing at TRU either
Is that the 3-erase blister pack with the 3-eraser 'mystery' box?
Send me your borderless wackys!

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 09:05:11 PM »
Is that the 3-erase blister pack with the 3-eraser 'mystery' box?
yep. I had only seen them at Toys R Us when they first came out. These were exactly the same.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »
ANS8 gravity feeds at wal*mart in the Houston, TX area.
The local Target hadn't unpacked their Excel boxes, but the g-feed and bonus boxes were probably in there.

I generally rip those open to check them out. I don't care if anyone comes over to ask me what I'm doing. They generally don't care any way. Just go for it!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 09:42:38 PM »
3 Targets and nothing. I only got 24 packs from 1 Wal-Mart. 1 out of 3 Wal-Marts. And the 2 that didnt have any, the card sections were disgusting.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »
ANS8 hit the west coast Targets today, SF Bay Area.
I won't even bother going to WM, since they haven't had any Wackys in years.
Nothing at TRU yet. Is there supposed to be?

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
Nothing at TRU yet. Is there supposed to be?
doesn't seem like it. the only ANS7 they carried were the cereal boxes.

there is a 2nd bonus box out there someplace, but it's probably a Wal*mart box

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »

Also blister packs.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:38 AM »
I just went to a Target here in Louisville, KY and they had a few ANS8 bonus boxes and a tall gravity feeder but no blister packs....yet.

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2011, 11:35:48 AM »
Here in North Texas, I found a grvity feed at Walmart along with a gravity feed and bonus boxes at Target. No blisters yet.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2011, 01:16:55 PM »
After striking out at 6 Targets and 3 WalMarts over the last few days I found a 24 ct Gravity Feed in my local Wal Mart in NJ while food shopping. I was planning on buying just a few packs but ended up with 24 :)
Lots of laughs opening these. Was four cards short on a base set. 3 Silvers, 4 tags, 4 magnets.   

DrDeal
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:54:26 PM by DrDeal »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2011, 01:17:29 PM »
I found ANS 8 at the Target in Mechanicsburg, PA. Nothing at Wal-Mart right up the street. Target only had a gravity feed,no blisters or bonus boxes. Bought 24 packs. Got base set +5/10 magnets,3 lent luggage tags, 7/10 Pack to the Future, and6/8 Go to the Movies. Also 3 Silver border and 22/55 Pink border.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2011, 03:13:35 PM »
I bought a gravity feed with 47 packs at a Target yesterday, and got 4 base sets, 8 different magnets, 8 different tags, 8 different silver flash, 16 Pack to the Future cards (including a set of all 10), 15 Movie cards (including a set of all 8), and 39 red borders (38 different).  Love the collation!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:15:34 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »
The top loader I emptied had only 3 complete base sets, but I got 8 of the magnets, 8 of the motion tags, all Pack To The Futures, and all Blu Ray spoofs. Plus....my first ANS gold foil! Inside my bonus box, I got another magnet that I needed. Are there two different bonus boxes hitting Target? The one I bought had the Maximum Security magazine B4 card. Not sure where the B5 bonus card comes from, but I have a feeling it's from Walmart. Our stores don't stock Wackies anymore, so I just bought one on eBay so I'm covered.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:29 PM »
The top loader I emptied had only 3 complete base sets, but I got 8 of the magnets, 8 of the motion tags, all Pack To The Futures, and all Blu Ray spoofs. Plus....my first ANS gold foil! Inside my bonus box, I got another magnet that I needed. Are there two different bonus boxes hitting Target? The one I bought had the Maximum Security magazine B4 card. Not sure where the B5 bonus card comes from, but I have a feeling it's from Walmart. Our stores don't stock Wackies anymore, so I just bought one on eBay so I'm covered.
Looking foward to getting some of these. I haven't looked at any spoilers. It kinda ruins the whole idea. They haven't sold any at Walmart here ever since Ans 3.

Offline fbvikes

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
From Northern California:

I got two bonus boxes at target today .  They both contained the B4-Maximum Security bonus sticker.  The other bonus box must be at Wal-Mart.  Should be tougher to get as Wal-Mart card section is poor in this area.  No blisters found.  They had a full gravity box as well.

If someone get an extra B5, I would be willing to part with my extra B4. 

Have fun with the hunt!!

fbvikes

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
deep breath: here goes

250 miles 2 days=

5 Wal-Marts: Big Flats, NY = 20 fingered packs from gravity feed
                  Vestal, NY= 24 untouched packs
                  Sare, PA= 0
                  Watkins Glen, NY= 0
                  Painted Post, NY= 0

3 Targets: Big Flats, NY= 0
               Vestal, NY= 0
               Ithaca, NY= 0

1 Toys R Us: Big Flats, NY= 0

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »

there is a 2nd bonus box out there someplace, but it's probably a Wal*mart box

This is what I was asking earlier in this thread. If TRU was going to have some exclusive ANS 8 item.

Found ANS 8 today 7-28 at Target and Walmart. Nothing at TRU.

Got a Target Bonus box, and about 20 loose packs. Didn't even get a full base set from all those cards and was surprisingly waaaaay short on 25,26,27,13 and 14. Did get 2 motions,2 silver foils, 4 magnets. I also noticed that the wrappers were practically falling apart when you carefully try to open them. They were super thin and very frail. Didn't like the 2 different subsets of pack to the future, and movies in the one series, the subsets are O.K., but not both in one series. Love the motions, but would like to see them back in regular card form, these luggage tags seem really thin and also frail. Pink borders I can take or leave. Can't wait to see the sketches surface. Also noticed that the die cut machine is on steriods - every card seems to have the die cut mark straight through to the backside of the card. Any further and they would be punch outs. Save that for the Olds 3 series!

I did notice some really good, well done art and gag titles, but enough on the repeats already. I know someone stated before that Topps wanted items that were popular and easily identifiable, but damn how many dunkin, capn', crusts, aquafina's, krispies do we need !! Please bend a little on this. Anyone with me here?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:13:13 PM by Playbug »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
deep breath: here goes

250 miles 2 days=

5 Wal-Marts: Big Flats, NY = 20 fingered packs from gravity feed
                  Vestal, NY= 24 untouched packs
                  Sare, PA= 0
                  Watkins Glen, NY= 0
                  Painted Post, NY= 0

3 Targets: Big Flats, NY= 0
               Vestal, NY= 0
               Ithaca, NY= 0

1 Toys R Us: Big Flats, NY= 0

Thats a lot of miles. Sounds like you need to just locate the TRUCK !!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2011, 04:19:20 AM »
This is what I was asking earlier in this thread. If TRU was going to have some exclusive ANS 8 item.

Found ANS 8 today 7-28 at Target and Walmart. Nothing at TRU.

Got a Target Bonus box, and about 20 loose packs. Didn't even get a full base set from all those cards and was surprisingly waaaaay short on 25,26,27,13 and 14. Did get 2 motions,2 silver foils, 4 magnets. I also noticed that the wrappers were practically falling apart when you carefully try to open them. They were super thin and very frail. Didn't like the 2 different subsets of pack to the future, and movies in the one series, the subsets are O.K., but not both in one series. Love the motions, but would like to see them back in regular card form, these luggage tags seem really thin and also frail. Pink borders I can take or leave. Can't wait to see the sketches surface.

I did notice some really good, well done art and gag titles, but enough on the repeats already. I know someone stated before that Topps wanted items that were popular and easily identifiable, but damn how many dunkin, capn', crusts, aquafina's, krispies do we need !! Please bend a little on this. Anyone with me here?

I agree about the subsets, would have preferred just the DVD set.  Very glad to see classic magnets!!  I like the tags, but they are just too flimsy, and those little punch outs are a pain - regular lents would have been preferable, IMO.  Odd to see two Dunkin' titles in the same set.  Still need to spend time really going over the stickers, leaving that for the weekend.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2011, 06:03:54 AM »
I agree about the subsets, would have preferred just the DVD set.  Very glad to see classic magnets!!  I like the tags, but they are just too flimsy, and those little punch outs are a pain - regular lents would have been preferable, IMO.  Odd to see two Dunkin' titles in the same set.  Still need to spend time really going over the stickers, leaving that for the weekend.

The reason for the TWO 'Dunkin' titles is probably because they went public this year - this week...how aprophe  :-\

Offline Swiski

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2011, 08:46:39 AM »
I found the blister packs at a Target today. This is the only store in my area that had them. They were in the toy department card section.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
I found the blister packs at a Target today. This is the only store in my area that had them. They were in the toy department card section.

Thx for that..I assume the blisters ARE NOT near the other gravity feeds @ Target..in the back right?? two seperate spots...

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »

Are you able to see the bonus card #'s by shaking them around, like usual?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »
Are you able to see the bonus card #'s by shaking them around, like usual?

Yes! Very easy to see which bonus sticker you will be getting.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »
Thx for that..I assume the blisters ARE NOT near the other gravity feeds @ Target..in the back right?? two seperate spots...

Correct!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »
Correct!

Great  :sad: I was already there - and did not go through the entire store. Damn !!!