Author Topic: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread  (Read 44993 times)

Offline lucidjc

Re: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
good catch. I didn't buy any, so I don't know, I was just looking at the price tag at the end of the display rod.

let us know, as this toys r us isn't all that close for me to make a 'quick drive by' and check

Son-Of-A-... It is different.  No $3.99 pre-print. IT WAS $5 !!!  What a ripoff. I'm glad i only bought 1 set of 3. There were 10 there.  $12 + tax + gas + time for a bonus box...cardgary is cheaper WTF!!!

Toys-R-Us
Blister - 1-721-30-02-1

Offline loki

« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
How am I just hearing about this today with an email from cardgary and it's seemingly been out for almost a month.

So, just to clarify what the topps store is selling, since it doesn't specify. Hobby boxes or retail boxes? And is there ANY difference this series other than price and numbering between the retail box and hobby box? No poster, better ratio of rare pull...?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »
How am I just hearing about this today with an email from cardgary and it's seemingly been out for almost a month.

So, just to clarify what the topps store is selling, since it doesn't specify. Hobby boxes or retail boxes? And is there ANY difference this series other than price and numbering between the retail box and hobby box? No poster, better ratio of rare pull...?
I guess Cardgary isn't the most prompt with keeping his customers up to date eh?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
I guess Cardgary isn't the most prompt with keeping his customers up to date eh?
He is prompt, actually. He sent his first ANS8 mass email out back on July 31.
Not sure how Loki got left off of that one.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2011, 07:54:10 PM »
He is prompt, actually. He sent his first ANS8 mass email out back on July 31.
Not sure how Loki got left off of that one.

Yup, I got that e-mail too.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline loki

« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure I only got the email from today not the one July 31st.

But about my other questions... "So, just to clarify what the topps store is selling, since it doesn't specify. Hobby boxes or retail boxes? And is there ANY difference this series other than price and numbering between the retail box and hobby box? No poster, better ratio of rare pull...?"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2011, 05:35:10 AM »

But about my other questions... "So, just to clarify what the topps store is selling, since it doesn't specify. Hobby boxes or retail boxes? And is there ANY difference this series other than price and numbering between the retail box and hobby box? No poster, better ratio of rare pull...?"

I don't believe there is any difference with odds, and we know that there's no poster in the hobby box this time.  It doesn't seem to make sense.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure I only got the email from today not the one July 31st.

If i were to suggest, i would say to grab all the bonus boxes and blisters that you can find. I am staying away from gravity feeds and boxes from ANYONE other than who i know. I dont think there are 2 different boxes this time. No poster, but there is a sell sheet W/checklist. If stats hold true, each pack is a 1:973 shot at a sketch. Golds a 1:353 chance. I opened 109 packs before i hit the lottery.  But i am still openeing ANS 7's, i am well over 1000 packs and, NO gold, NO auto, and NO sketch. So before anybody says  WOW lucky him, Ya, but not for real.

For the best details, check out ANS 8 master list thread.

Offline loki

« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2011, 04:42:57 PM »
Thanks, I'm thinking of buying just a single retail box from a well known guy on eBay since it's $10 cheaper than topps store, and since there's no known difference between the hobby or retail box.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: ANS8 Bonus Boxes - B4 & B5
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »

However, where is the B5?  Geoff Bovey,

Definately at Toys R Us for 12. bucks a box. I picked one up last night. Welcome back !!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2011, 04:04:45 PM »
I wondered why my local Target didn't have any blisters.... I found them today at the end of the sporting goods aisle.

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-7b6rsJT/0/X3/i-7b6rsJT-X3.jpg[/expando] [expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-RDn3QX8/0/X3/i-RDn3QX8-X3.jpg[/expando]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2011, 07:36:48 PM »
the newest Previews mag coming out this week (Oct 2011), shows ANS 8 being 'offered again' (OA)
Can't say I've seen this done before with wackys. I wonder why.

TOPPS COMPANY
OA   OCT11 1385   TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES SERIES 8 STICKER T/C BOX (O/A) (C: 1-1-0)      SRP: $1.99    = $

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

I generally don't follow the multitude of gravity feeds, boxes, and blister variations, but today I saw something at Target I hadn't seen before, a 6 pack of Wacky Packages

(maybe a way for Excel to move old packs without devoting gravity feed space for them - save room for the Star Wars / Pokemon stuff...)

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/6packANS3a.jpg[/expando]

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »
I generally don't follow the multitude of gravity feeds, boxes, and blister variations, but today I saw something at Target I hadn't seen before, a 6 pack of Wacky Packages

(maybe a way for Excel to move old packs without devoting gravity feed space for them - save room for the Star Wars / Pokemon stuff...)

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/6packANS3a.jpg[/expando]

I think these were just swept up off the boxing room floor and put into blisters. I've seen them at my Target also 3000 miles away, which leeds me to believe that for years these were stepped on by workers untill someone fell in a deep pool of them and desided to drain it.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2011, 10:58:02 PM »

Are they all the same series per pack or a variety?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2011, 12:57:18 AM »
Are they all the same series per pack or a variety?

All the ones I have seen were all ANS 3.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2011, 04:00:05 AM »
All the ones I have seen were all ANS 3.

How much are they charging for the 6 packs?

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2011, 05:59:46 AM »
How much are they charging for the 6 packs?
says $2.99 on the pack, but I'm sure a store like ToysRUs would charge whatever they want

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2011, 06:01:08 AM »
says $2.99 on the pack, but I suppose they could charge whatever they want, kind of like ToysRUs does.

Doh!!  I didn't enlarge the pic, and couldn't see the printed price.  Thanks!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »

Interesting.  I'm kind of at my limit with every kind of packaging variation under the sun.  And, Lord knows, I have plenty of ANS3 stuff.  Still, it is a good price and I hope it hooks a few more kids into collecting. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
Interesting.  I'm kind of at my limit with every kind of packaging variation under the sun.  And, Lord knows, I have plenty of ANS3 stuff.  Still, it is a good price and I hope it hooks a few more kids into collecting. 

These would be better for Trick-or-Treat than the ANS8 flow packs I gave out - 2 extra stickers, and half the price.  Plus, the kids have a chance at an insert card.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »

Cool.  If this had been a couple years ago, I would be rushing out to the nearest Target and snagging up a few of these.  I really used to be into blister pack variations.  But as crackedjerk said, I'm at my limit with all this stuff now.  They've made it impossible to collect everything.  At one point I had every ANS unopened pack variation.  I stopped somewhere around ANS6.  I couldn't even keep up with those, let alone all the other stuff.

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2011, 08:20:34 AM »
Toys R Us still had bonus boxes when I visited one in Albuquerque this past weekend.

As far as the repackaged stuff goes, I'll just say this: Nobody should be worrying themselves about trying to get every variation of those under the sun. All that stuff is, is unsold stock that the card distributors are trying to move, so they repackage it at a discounted rate. They do this all the time with every single trading card and sticker pack known to everyone.

I wouldn't worry about collecting any of the repackaged stuff because nobody is going to care about this in the years to come and it sure isn't going to make your collection less complete. Just concern yourself with the new releases and forget about anything that's repackaged, because it's nothing new.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
I like collecting some of the repackaged stuff. For example the square cardboard packs, because they have nice graphics and display well. This one doesn't have much going for it - not even a Wacky or Topps logo.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »
Toys R Us still had bonus boxes when I visited one in Albuquerque this past weekend.

As far as the repackaged stuff goes, I'll just say this: Nobody should be worrying themselves about trying to get every variation of those under the sun. All that stuff is, is unsold stock that the card distributors are trying to move, so they repackage it at a discounted rate. They do this all the time with every single trading card and sticker pack known to everyone.

I wouldn't worry about collecting any of the repackaged stuff because nobody is going to care about this in the years to come and it sure isn't going to make your collection less complete. Just concern yourself with the new releases and forget about anything that's repackaged, because it's nothing new.

I remember someone once telling me I was stupid for trying to collect the silly back variations like Ludlows.  He was probably right, but one thing I've learned is that completists are a unique group, and what we collect doesn't make sense to most.  I don't collect the packaging (except for wrappers) but if I did, I would want every variation that existed in Topps packaging! 

I'm really glad too when I decided to set collecting parameters and stick to them because the post-2004 has been beyond our wildest dreams as far as volume of stuff to collect!

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:01 PM »
says $2.99 on the pack, but I'm sure a store like ToysRUs would charge whatever they want

Funny but true.  ;D >(

anything