Author Topic: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread  (Read 44975 times)

Offline lucidjc

Re: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2011, 01:29:39 AM »
Although that sketch I pulled has me wanting to find another.

Oh no, hes hooked on the White Lotus, Yam Yam!         

He used to do a little but a little wouldnt do it so a little got more and more. Just keep trying to get a little better, said a little better than before.

Welcome to the Heroin of the Wacky kind.

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2011, 07:02:52 AM »
Cleared out my local Target today. One 47 pack gravity and two bonus boxes. Also wanted to edit and add that Topps QC is pretty bad. From the gravity packs I bought about 75 to 85 cards were horribly cut. Most have parts of the next sticker on them and some the cardstock itself was off and cut mis shaped.

What I pulled;

Two or more full base sets.
All but one magnet
All but two bag tags
Many pink and common paralell

And from the first Bonus Box

Neil Camera Band-Ache Sketch.

It is the first Sketch I have pulled so I am pretty stoked. I will try and get a pic up tonight.

Great pull!! No silver foils from the Gravity feed??

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2011, 08:07:53 AM »

Oh no, hes hooked on the White Lotus, Yam Yam!         

He used to do a little but a little wouldnt do it so a little got more and more. Just keep trying to get a little better, said a little better than before.

Welcome to the Heroin of the Wacky kind.

Nice Seinfeld/GnR quote.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Crust

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2011, 09:02:56 AM »
They're not that easy to find. Each of my Targets only had 2.

The target I went to only i had two also. I think that Topps purposely does that to make more people want to buy from their online store, or raise the value of these on ebay.

Online Hustler08

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
The target I went to only i had two also. I think that Topps purposely does that to make more people want to buy from their online store, or raise the value of these on ebay.

That would  be true except Topps isn't selling those on their site...

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2011, 04:38:27 PM »
my Target finally got ANS8 - but only the blister packs. still no gravity feed or bonus boxes. annoying. maybe later this week they'll have them out

Offline ilovenintendo

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »
Great pull!! No silver foils from the Gravity feed??

Yeah I kinda just included those in the parallel group. I pulled about 15 of them and one double. I broke down and bought 25 more packs today and got a few more. I am sure I will keep buying/trading until I have the full pink border and silver sets. At that point I hope to stop. But as another person posted I am pretty muched hooked on the sketch hunt so...

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »
my Target finally got ANS8 - but only the blister packs. still no gravity feed or bonus boxes. annoying. maybe later this week they'll have them out

Strange smell in here, i just got the gravity feed (all 48 unfingered packs and the box) and 2 bonus boxes, no blisters. For ANS 7 my Target only had the gravity feed, no bonus boxes or blisters.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »
I found the blisters at Target in the front with the rest of the trading cards. Thought that was strange, since most people are reporting that they're in the back with the toys.

Got my 3 blisters today at Target. Easy to find B1,B2,B3. They were located away from the Gravity Feeds in the back section of the store near the toys on an endcap. Good pulls from those Blisters - with just 6 packs I got two Motions, 1 Magnet and  1 Silver Foil.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline gbovey

ANS8 Bonus Boxes - B4 & B5
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
Hello, everyone…..  I am new to this forum, but not to this community.  Some of you long-time vets of the hobby might remember me as “geoffpam” or “geoffpam25” from over at Greg’s site.  It’s been a long time since I’ve checked out the community; in fact, I only just discovered a few days ago that Greg’s forum is pretty much dormant as I noticed no-one has posted there in months, or so it seems.

So, here I am.   ;D

Meanwhile, I have a question for you guys.  I see there is a LOT of chatter about the new 8th series.  I’m having a tough time navigating thru the many threads and hundreds of messages posted, so if I’m asking a question that’s already been answered, please forgive me.  But, I’m having trouble pinning down the current location of B5.  I’ve managed to figure out that the Bonus Box with B4 can be found at Target, which I just picked up last week.  And I guess I need to return to the Target to get the blister packs B1, B2, and B3 as well, (the store’s toy section had the end-cap card display temporarily down for a huge clearance sale last week when I picked up the B4 box, so if the store already had the blister packs, they were probably sitting in a pile somewhere in the back warehouse).  

However, where is the B5?  I see that there are a lot of messages that suggest Wal-Mart is the location for the other Bonus Box, but no-one seems to have definitively confirmed this with a purchase.  Also, I distinctly remember having to get a Bonus Box for ANS7 from only K-Mart last go-around, so I don’t want to make any assumptions about ANS8 Bonus Box B5.

So, other than the Topps store, do any of you know FOR SURE where the B5 Bonus Box can be purchased?  The Ebayers that are trying to sell this box and/or the sticker are being deliberately vague about it.  :sad:    Thanks!!

Geoff Bovey,
Sandy, UT
(I was in Whidbey Island, WA, Corpus Christi, TX, and Boise, ID, previously when I was on Greg’s forum)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:06:44 AM by gbovey »

Offline bigtomi

Re: ANS8 Bonus Boxes - B4 & B5
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
So, other than the Topps store, do any of you know FOR SURE where the B5 Bonus Box can be purchased?
Wal-Mart, I'm quite sure.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:19 AM »
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of secrecy when it comes to the details about this series (until everything was released of course)

I was wondering the same thing today about the Bonus Box that contains the Oct card.

Been to Walmart and haven't seen any Bonus Boxes there yet. But it's still way early.

I am also wondering if it has been confirmed if there is a Hobby Box Poster for this series. No one on this forum has answered that question I posted a few days ago.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Has anyone checked at Toys Я Us? I have but they had nothing....

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
Hello, everyone…..  I am new to this forum, but not to this community.  Some of you long-time vets of the hobby might remember me as “geoffpam” or “geoffpam25” from over at Greg’s site.  It’s been a long time since I’ve checked out the community; in fact, I only just discovered a few days ago that Greg’s forum is pretty much dormant as I noticed no-one has posted there in months, or so it seems.

So, here I am.   ;D

Meanwhile, I have a question for you guys.  I see there is a LOT of chatter about the new 8th series.  I’m having a tough time navigating thru the many threads and hundreds of messages posted, so if I’m asking a question that’s already been answered, please forgive me.  But, I’m having trouble pinning down the current location of B5.  I’ve managed to figure out that the Bonus Box with B4 can be found at Target, which I just picked up last week.  And I guess I need to return to the Target to get the blister packs B1, B2, and B3 as well, (the store’s toy section had the end-cap card display temporarily down for a huge clearance sale last week when I picked up the B4 box, so if the store already had the blister packs, they were probably sitting in a pile somewhere in the back warehouse).  

However, where is the B5?  I see that there are a lot of messages that suggest Wal-Mart is the location for the other Bonus Box, but no-one seems to have definitively confirmed this with a purchase.  Also, I distinctly remember having to get a Bonus Box for ANS7 from only K-Mart last go-around, so I don’t want to make any assumptions about ANS8 Bonus Box B5.

So, other than the Topps store, do any of you know FOR SURE where the B5 Bonus Box can be purchased?  The Ebayers that are trying to sell this box and/or the sticker are being deliberately vague about it.  :sad:    Thanks!!

Geoff Bovey,
Sandy, UT
(I was in Whidbey Island, WA, Corpus Christi, TX, and Boise, ID, previously when I was on Greg’s forum)

The Bonus Box I ordered from Topps had the B5 card.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
Wal-Mart, I'm quite sure.
While the B5 Bonus box may be available at WalMart; I would not hold your breath regarding actually finding
them there. While the 24 ct gravity feeds are somewhat attainable via WalMart the Bonus boxes are a different story. I have rarely seen one from a previous release in an NJ WalMart. I do not hold out much hope of finding one there so I ordered one from Card Gary. It was $15.00 shipped which is more than retail but at least I know its on the way. Now that I have taken this position I am confident I will see them in a WalMart tomorrow :)  Target's distribution runs rings around WalMart. I found the Bonus Boxes and Blisters right where it was psoted they would be in a Target. WalMart its totally hit or miss.

Regards, DrDeal

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »
"$15.00 shipped which is more than retail"

Yes, but take into account Tax, gas money and time. Breaks about the same. I also bought 1 from Cardgary. I dont think i've seen a bonus box at wal-mart since ANS 3 or 4.

Online Hustler08

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »
"$15.00 shipped which is more than retail"

I dont think i've seen a bonus box at wal-mart since ANS 3 or 4.

you can say that again!!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »

Yesterday I noticed my Target finally got ANS8. Just the blister packs, in the back section of the store near the toys, on an end cap.

I have an unfounded notion that the packs in blisters don’t contain sketch cards.

Has anyone pulled a sketch card from a blister pack?

Offline gbovey

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »
Unfortunately, most of the comments posted here about Wal-Mart corroborate my experience here and previously in Idaho, Texas, and Washington.  Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »

I am also wondering if it has been confirmed if there is a Hobby Box Poster for this series. No one on this forum has answered that question I posted a few days ago.

Everyone I've spoken to who have purchased Hobby boxes have NOT got a poster, so it appears there's no poster for this series.  It's seems like an oversight because how can they justify the additional $10.00/box?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
Has anyone checked at Toys Я Us? I have but they had nothing....

The Target & TRU near me have nothing of ANS 8 at all.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »

The Target & TRU near me have nothing of ANS 8 at all.

Try your Target this week. I live in upstate NY and they are just hitting the shelves here now.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »
you can say that again!!

One question then. Why the hell are they called "Walmart" bonus boxes, if you cant get them AT Walmart?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
Everyone I've spoken to who have purchased Hobby boxes have NOT got a poster, so it appears there's no poster for this series.  It's seems like an oversight because how can they justify the additional $10.00/box?

Strange. So busy being Hush Hush, they forgot to make a Poster! That's Wacky !

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:58 PM »

I've always wondered what makes a "hobby box" unique, and earlier today I concluded it was a poster, and now I'm back to square one    :icon_clown:

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »
One question then. Why the hell are they called "Walmart" bonus boxes, if you cant get them AT Walmart?

Maybe Walmart outsourced them, and they can be found at 7-11?

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
I've always wondered what makes a "hobby box" unique, and earlier today I concluded it was a poster, and now I'm back to square one    :icon_clown:

Strictly speaking, a hobby box is designed and coded to be sold to specialty stores like comics and card stores. In the past, boxes included "point of sale" posters for the shop owners to tack up in their windows or whatnot. Not sure why ANS8 breaks this tradition.

Also, other card series sometimes have different chase items in hobby and retail boxes. A close example would be GPK ANS4, in which the hobby boxes contained sketch cards but the retail boxes did not.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:41 PM »

How can they justify a regular priced binder with no bonus card, less pages and lesser quality pages?
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Online Hustler08

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »
How can they justify a regular priced binder with no bonus card, less pages and lesser quality pages?

THEY CAN'T - TOPPS GOUGING the Collector - yet again...at least put in 15 pages...maybe a bonus card...no poster in the hobby box..seems to me that this might be the last series...i can tell by "can't give a sh*t attitude"...maybe b/c zapata left...all bets are off....i wonder whose in charge now??Eisner??  >:D >:D

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »
COMFIRMED

Toys-R-Us  

2 bonus boxes...1-789-50-02-1
10 blister packs...1-721-30-02-1

CONFIRMED

5 Below

16 Rack packs...0-777-89-02-1
1 pack of Razzle/Spazzles, i must have had an iron jaw as a kid, as soon as these turn to gum they are like concrete.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:12:21 PM by lucidjc »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »

I just got the binder in off eBay and it's as nice as the other ones. My only worry is the bubble pad around the binder will split at some time. My OLDS2 binder already split along the seam on back and I handle it really well. I think it coldnt take the pressure of all the cards in it.

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
Toys-R-Us   
2 bonus boxes...1-789-50-02-1
10 blister packs
a nearby Toy-R-Us finally got their wackys as well. same as you - 2 bonus boxes and 10 blisters.
I bought the 2 bonus boxes since I didn't have that one yet - but that's going to be it from them.
They're still jacking up their prices:  $5 for a blister and $12 for a bonus box
good luck with that guys.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2011, 12:17:54 PM »
a nearby Toy-R-Us finally got their wackys as well. same as you - 2 bonus boxes and 10 blisters.
I bought the 2 bonus boxes since I didn't have that one yet - but that's going to be it from them.
They're still jacking up their prices:  $5 for a blister and $12 for a bonus box

I might go for the $12 bonus boxes, since it'll come to that with shipping from Topps.  I SO miss Lockwood!

I did finally pick up some bonus blisters at Target today, and so I'm now just missing the B5.  And now, I'm trying to decide if Cream of Tweet belongs in my cereal collection.  This set has really added to that collection!!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »
They're still jacking up their prices:  $5 for a blister and $12 for a bonus box

$5 for a blister? I thought they had $3.99 stamped right on the package? Is there 2 different blisters? Now i have to fish them out and see.

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »
$5 for a blister? I thought they had $3.99 stamped right on the package? Is there 2 different blisters? Now i have to fish them out and see.
good catch. I didn't buy any, so I don't know, I was just looking at the price tag at the end of the display rod.

let us know, as this toys r us isn't all that close for me to make a 'quick drive by' and check

anything