Author Topic: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread  (Read 44864 times)

Offline DrDeal

ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:56:51 PM »
ANS8 will arrive soon according to other posts. I stopped by a Target store today and saw nothing mentioned in the "coming soon" flyers posted.  They did have some ANS7 for sale.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline jleonard1967

Re: ANS8 Retail Tracking Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »
I bet we won't see them until some time in August, or even later

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
ANS8 will arrive soon according to other posts. I stopped by a Target store today and saw nothing mentioned in the "coming soon" flyers posted. 
my nearby Target had Coming Soon flyers for stuff that came out back in June. They just don't update those things like they should at that place.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
I thought they would be shipped next week or 2 weeks from now!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »
I thought they would be shipped next week or 2 weeks from now!

The ship date is 7/27 and I bet that's pretty accurate.  That doesn't mean the retail stores will have them then though.  Pre-orders may be in-hand the first week of August.  That's what I'm hoping for!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
I just ordered through DACards. They list the 25th as the expected release date. There are so much coming out that it's getting tough to keep up. Hopefully there will be a few weeks between the next release. I can wait...LOL

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »
Any info on chase cards' odds, etc.?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »
Any info on chase cards' odds, etc.?

It appears as if Topps is planning on releasing the details prior to the release of the series.  Were around 2 weeks from the ship date and we still don't know the odds.  I emailed Topps CS twice asking when any info would be available and I got no response.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 04:31:46 AM »
It appears as if Topps is planning on releasing the details prior to the release of the series.  Were around 2 weeks from the ship date and we still don't know the odds.  I emailed Topps CS twice asking when any info would be available and I got no response.

I asked the comic store owner to get me two boxes.  Other than that, I'm not ordering anything until I know the details.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 05:04:10 AM »
I just ordered through DACards. They list the 25th as the expected release date. There are so much coming out that it's getting tough to keep up. Hopefully there will be a few weeks between the next release. I can wait...LOL

did you get a case or boxes? I thought you were buying retail?? what changed??

We really need to know about the odds on this one??  :^)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 06:09:02 AM »
did you get a case or boxes? I thought you were buying retail?? what changed??

We really need to know about the odds on this one??  :^)

I bought a case. Nothings really changed. I said I would just get a few to start with and not go crazy. To me $300 worth is just a few..LOL

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 04:35:35 AM »
I hit two Targets yesterday. Nothing new and nothing mentioned in the coming soon panels. Maybe next week?

DrDeal

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
I hit two Targets yesterday. Nothing new and nothing mentioned in the coming soon panels. Maybe next week?

DrDeal
On EBAY I saw someone selling "ad sheets" after looking at the sheets it said nothing about sketch cards, does anyone have any concrete information as to if there will be sketch cards with this set?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »
On EBAY I saw someone selling "ad sheets" after looking at the sheets it said nothing about sketch cards, does anyone have any concrete information as to if there will be sketch cards with this set?

There will definitely be sketch cards, it's just a question of how many and at what pack odds.  They show some of the sketches in the NSU issue.

Offline rdsjnk

Offline Plastered Peanut

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
I called ShopTopps today and spoke to someone regarding when they expect to have ANS8 available in the online Topps store. This Friday the 22nd was the reply. I was told that they think 7-27 is when most OLD's will start getting their stock but they expect to have 24 Pack boxes available in the on-line store sometime Friday. I lobbied hard for a Free Shipping with purchase of 3 Boxes deal and was told they don't do that on wide release items but would consider the request. I expect these will hit Target Monday so I probably will not order them from the site if I have to pay full price plus shipping.

DrDeal
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:17:17 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »
I called ShopTopps today and spoke to someone regarding when they expect to have ANS8 available in the online Topps store. This Friday the 22nd was the reply. I was told that they think 7-27 is when most OLD's will start getting their stock but they expect to have 48 Pack boxes available in the on-line store sometime Friday. I lobbied hard for a Free Shipping with purchase of 3 Boxes deal and was told they don't do that on wide release items but would consider the request. I expect these will hit Target Monday so I probably will not order them from the site if I have to pay full price plus shipping.

DrDeal

I thought it was 24 PACK boxes...not 48 pack?? is that what they said??

You are purchasing a New in factory sealed retail package - 1 - WACKY PACKAGES SERIES 8 HOBBY BOX!!!!!  24 Packs per box, 8 stickers per pack!  75 new stickers to collect!!!  Each pack contains 6 hilarious stickers, 1 parallel sticker, 1 special insert.

This is a Pre-Sale! The estimated release date is July 25, 2011! All orders will ship on the date of release!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »
I thought it was 24 PACK boxes...not 48 pack?? is that what they said??

You are purchasing a New in factory sealed retail package - 1 - WACKY PACKAGES SERIES 8 HOBBY BOX!!!!!  24 Packs per box, 8 stickers per pack!  75 new stickers to collect!!!  Each pack contains 6 hilarious stickers, 1 parallel sticker, 1 special insert.

This is a Pre-Sale! The estimated release date is July 25, 2011! All orders will ship on the date of release!

You are correct. 24 pack boxes. I was thinking of Gravity Feeds but they said they will have regular boxes on the site. I edited my post to correct it.

DrDeal
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:56:33 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »
I called ShopTopps today and spoke to someone regarding when they expect to have ANS8 available in the online Topps store. This Friday the 22nd was the reply. I was told that they think 7-27 is when most OLD's will start getting their stock but they expect to have 24 Pack boxes available in the on-line store sometime Friday. I lobbied hard for a Free Shipping with purchase of 3 Boxes deal and was told they don't do that on wide release items but would consider the request. I expect these will hit Target Monday so I probably will not order them from the site if I have to pay full price plus shipping.

DrDeal

Excuse my ignorance, but what does "OLD's" stand for?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »

OnLine Dealer      Sorry if that is not commonly used here.

DrDeal

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »
my best guess:  On Line Dealers

[edit] for some weird reason, Dr Deal's response did not show up until I posted my response.
sorry for repitition
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:47:07 PM by Plastered Peanut »
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
My Wal-Mart in OKC, Oklahoma has them.  My iPhone is charging now (I took a picture) but I bought a few packs.  See the spoiler thread for the insert odds.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
What is the difference between a Hobby box and a Retail box?  :-\

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 08:56:36 PM »
What is the difference between a Hobby box and a Retail box?  :-\
usually just the code number on the packs and box.
with wackys, usually there is a folded up mini advertising poster in the hobby box that's not in the retail box.
I know with some other non-sport releases, there are actually different chase or bonus cards in the hobby box. nothing like that with wacky though

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 04:05:29 AM »
usually just the code number on the packs and box.
with wackys, usually there is a folded up mini advertising poster in the hobby box that's not in the retail box.
I know with some other non-sport releases, there are actually different chase or bonus cards in the hobby box. nothing like that with wacky though

PLEASE, don't give them any such ideas!!!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 07:17:13 AM »
My Wal-Mart in OKC, Oklahoma has them.  My iPhone is charging now (I took a picture) but I bought a few packs.  See the spoiler thread for the insert odds.

They have gravity feeds only or are they selling boxes as well??

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »
I have checked Wal-Mart and Target in a 50 mile radius. There are no ANS8 in Georgia yet.  :-[
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 01:00:52 PM »
I have checked Wal-Mart and Target in a 50 mile radius. There are no ANS8 in Georgia yet.  :-[

Ditto, i am pissed. I saw that ANS 8 sketch, and i bolted for the nearest Wal-Mart 2:40AM last night and NOTHING! Why is Topps so secret about this? They make it easy for assholes to get these early, but we have to suffer!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 01:11:52 PM »

Thx dude - very helpful - way better than Topps...

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »
Thx dude - very helpful - way better than Topps...

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
Sorry about the duplicate post.  See pic above.  Only saw the gravity feed, no regular box.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »
Found a gravity feed at a Target in town tonight.  Didn't see any bonus boxes or anything else.  For what it's worth, I was at a different Walmart yesterday and it had nothing. 

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
Found a gravity feed at a Target in town tonight.  Didn't see any bonus boxes or anything else.  For what it's worth, I was at a different Walmart yesterday and it had nothing. 

Stopped by our new Target (just opened this week) and they had no Wackys.  I work in another city about 20 miles from where I live.  I will check there tomorrow.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
Made a special trip today to Walmart, Target, Five Below and Toys R Us. No ANS 8 here in S. Jersey yet.

An e-bay seller from Michigan has em, but none in S. NJ. Aren't they shipped from N.Y.? NJ is closer to NY than Michigan!

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

anything