Author Topic: Old School Series 1 Original Artwork Topps Vault - Closing prices  (Read 6320 times)

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Hi guys, I couldn't find if a thread concerning the closing prices of Old School Series 1 originals was started, and thought it would be good to have one.  

Figure we could track the roughs as well the paintings.  Not sure the best way to do it. Should we just screenshot the listing after it closes and post here?  Is there a better way?

The original painting for Kookle closed out earlier tonight, and I was surprised, as I believe it's commanded the most so far, even a bit more than "Gee Your Hair Smells Horrific".  Kookle is certainly one of my faves, but it hasn't appeared on too many other folks' fave lists, so I'd assumed it wouldn't go as high as "Gee".
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:44:53 AM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Old School Series 1 Original Artwork Topps Vault - Closing prices
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »
Hi guys, I couldn't find if a thread concerning the closing prices of Old School Series 1 originals was started, and thought it would be good to have one.  

Figure we could track the roughs as well the paintings.  Not sure the best way to do it. Should we just screenshot the listing after it closes and post here?  Is there a better way?

The original painting for Kookle closed out earlier tonight, and I was surprised, as I believe it's commanded the most so far, even a bit more than "Gee Your Hair Smells Horrific".  Kookle is certainly one of my faves, but it hasn't appeared on too many other folks' fave lists, so I'd assumed it wouldn't go as high as "Gee".
I haven't tracked these at all, what are the price ranges?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 04:15:06 AM »
I think it worked well in Greg's forum to have a thread called "Wacky Art" where we can include all series and all forms of Wacky art. I would also try to leave it up to someone in particular to keep track of the ebay closings because it's a lot of work to capture the info and images, upload them, post them, then find out one or two others already did it. I was cool with doing it in the other forum so I'm willing to do it here. How does this sound to everybody?

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:29:27 AM »
I think it worked well in Greg's forum to have a thread called "Wacky Art" where we can include all series and all forms of Wacky art. I would also try to leave it up to someone in particular to keep track of the ebay closings because it's a lot of work to capture the info and images, upload them, post them, then find out one or two others already did it. I was cool with doing it in the other forum so I'm willing to do it here. How does this sound to everybody?
Sounds great, I liked your thread over at Greg's. Thanks for taking it on.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »

Great idea, Mark! Way to step in and take on a huge project - you've got my vote! Just one question: ARE YOU NUTS?!!!

By the way, you don't mind getting paid in karma, do ya?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:49:32 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 08:07:01 AM »

I just set you up. Now go for it!

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?board=26.0

I just got a new Mac App that captures a whole web page even pages that are so long you have to keep scrolling down. Pretty cool!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 08:08:42 AM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 08:24:54 AM »

I just got a new Mac App that captures a whole web page even pages that are so long you have to keep scrolling down. Pretty cool!

Just like this. The program is called Web Snapper and it's part of the new MacUpdate promo sale.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »

Sounds great!  Thanks for the willingness to do the work.  I've always thought it was great to have the record of past sales in the old forum.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »
Great idea, Mark! Way to step in and take on a huge project - you've got my vote! Just one question: ARE YOU NUTS?!!!

By the way, you don't mind getting paid in karma, do ya?

Karma, prayers and happy thoughts are welcome forms of payment.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »
Just like this. The program is called Web Snapper and it's part of the new MacUpdate promo sale.
You mean if I download the current Mac update I'll receive this program?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
You mean if I download the current Mac update I'll receive this program?

Your going to have to read the computer section with hot deals:

http://www.mupromo.com/deal/1140/parallels+desktop

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
Sounds awesome, thanks for offering to do this!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Taz

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »

Very curious, is there not enough snapper on the web that is already viewed that now we need a program for it?