Author Topic: Postcard Series 7 - SPOILERS  (Read 26734 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Postcard Series 7 - SPOILERS
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »

Did anyone else notice that the art and text are different from the bio-cards and the mini-postcard cards?  The mini's are the three on the bottom............
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 05:58:59 PM »
Did anyone else notice that the art and text are different from the bio-cards and the mini-postcard cards?  The mini's are the three on the bottom............

Neil mentioned that here:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=1340.msg31362#msg31362

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 06:01:08 PM »

I think Neil mentioned that they would be different.

What seem to be identical are the red envelopes, and since the regular sets come unsealed, they are actually nicer to save than the ones that had to be opened with the limited edition sets.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
I think Neil mentioned that they would be different.

What seem to be identical are the red envelopes, and since the regular sets come unsealed, they are actually nicer to save than the ones that had to be opened with the limited edition sets.

Oh brother, I smell resealed LE PC7 packs.  Neil are they the same?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 03:56:20 AM »

Geez, that didn't occur to me at all - I was just thinking I'd have a nice untorn envelope to put in my binder.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 06:25:51 AM »
What's the deal with the mini cereal cards? The site says you get ONE card for every TWO p.c. sets purchased but does that mean the LE set or the non LE set?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011, 06:30:06 AM »
What's the deal with the mini cereal cards? The site says you get ONE card for every TWO p.c. sets purchased but does that mean the LE set or the non LE set?

That's only for the non-limited sets.  You would need to buy 6 sets of the non-limited to get the full set of 3 cards.  Obviously they did this to sell more regular postcard sets, and it works!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011, 06:39:46 AM »
Geez, that didn't occur to me at all - I was just thinking I'd have a nice untorn envelope to put in my binder.

That's because you don’t think as deviously as some of us   >:D

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011, 06:48:13 AM »
That's only for the non-limited sets.  You would need to buy 6 sets of the non-limited to get the full set of 3 cards.  Obviously they did this to sell more regular postcard sets, and it works!

Customers who buy LE sets don't get the mini cards, that is weird.

So people must purchase LE sets and regular sets to get everything?    :confused3:

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 07:27:29 AM »
Customers who buy LE sets don't get the mini cards, that is weird.

So people must purchase LE sets and regular sets to get everything?    :confused3:

Yup, unless you buy on ebay of course.  If you're like me you want both editions of the postcards because they are a little different.  I certainly didn't need 6 sets though!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2011, 08:00:33 AM »
it's been that way since PC series 3, when topps first started having different bonus cards in the LE vs regular sets

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »
Yup, unless you buy on ebay of course.  If you're like me you want both editions of the postcards because they are a little different.  I certainly didn't need 6 sets though!
Are those who order 6 reg sets getting the set of three mini postcards? I would hate to order six sets and get some dupes on the minis instead of the set of three.

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2011, 09:44:08 AM »

Yep, they're the same. And I suppose there will be those sneaky, low down so & so's who try to pass off resealed LE packs as unopened. One thing I would suggest is, if you buy on the aftermarket, make sure that you get your set(s) from a reliable source (ie, a fellow forum member). And if you do buy from an online auction site, ask the seller if they received their set directly from Topps. They should be able to verify that info with a receipt.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »
Are those who order 6 reg sets getting the set of three mini postcards? I would hate to order six sets and get some dupes on the minis instead of the set of three.

DrDeal

I received the complete "mini" set of 3 with my 6 set order.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »
I got my 2 postcard sets with Frabben Belly mini postcard.

Now it's worth the wait until Wacky Packages ANS8 gets released in over a month...

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »
You haven't lived until you've felt an African daisy whip.

Truthfully I wouldn't want to be hit with any whip-LOL.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2011, 06:46:05 PM »

DrDeal

Today, i received the 6 sets of the regular edition postcards I ordered and did receive all 3 different mini postcards.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
Today, i received the 6 sets of the regular edition postcards I ordered and did receive all 3 different mini postcards.
Great. I just placed my order for 6 regular sets. Hoping to get the set of three mini Postcards. Digging the alternate Art on them. Very nice addition to the series.

DrDeal

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2011, 03:25:08 AM »
Great. I just placed my order for 6 regular sets. Hoping to get the set of three mini Postcards. Digging the alternate Art on them. Very nice addition to the series.

DrDeal

Topps seems to be deliberately putting in the set of 3 different minis with an order of 6 postcard sets - mine were actually together in a penny sleeve.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2011, 05:36:46 AM »
Topps seems to be deliberately putting in the set of 3 different minis with an order of 6 postcard sets - mine were actually together in a penny sleeve.

I think so, I haven't heard of anyone getting only 3 of them that didn't get all 3.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2011, 06:09:05 AM »

Mine, too.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »
Mine, too.

Damn! Wish I would have known that earlier before I ordered 2. Oh well, I can always find a buyer for the extra mini card. At least I will have a complete set of these.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »
That's great to hear. I get my order tomorrow. When I was going thru my binder I realized I had forgotten
all about Bonus card TS11 Capn Clunk.  Set will be complete tomorrow. Glad I got in on this series relatively early. The only limited set I had to buy off the bay was the first one.

DrDeal

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
The Old Spikes art has 8 bids with 8 different bidders,kudos to Smokin' Joe and Jay Lynch
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »
I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks of the Postcard Minis, specifically the artwork. Would you like to see more of them in a future set?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks of the Postcard Minis, specifically the artwork. Would you like to see more of them in a future set?

It's interesting seeing the two versions of each title side-by-side.  I particularly like the mini-postcard version of Count Cluckula, something about the darker colors or the contrast makes it quite striking, and the little bird by the castle goes better with the theme because of the black accents.  With Flabbenbelly, I really like the character on the mini version, but the box color seems too close.  GlooBerry looks pretty good with the darker glue color on the front, but I don't care for the way it looks along the side of the box.

So, are these the color roughs?  I'd like to see more of them in a future set, but not for a little while - my wallet is getting a little light   :^)

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2011, 12:25:25 PM »
I really dig the Postcard Minis. But I don't like the idea of having to buy 6 regular sets to get a complete set. I only need/want 1 set for my collection. I don't want 5 extra sets lying around my house. I feel like Topps made these available just to sell a bunch of extra postcard sets. I suppose I could use them, but who really sends postcards to anyone in this day and age. For me, it is a waste of money to buy 6 sets in order to get the mini set.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
I really dig the Postcard Minis. But I don't like the idea of having to buy 6 regular sets to get a complete set. I only need/want 1 set for my collection. I don't want 5 extra sets lying around my house. I feel like Topps made these available just to sell a bunch of extra postcard sets. I suppose I could use them, but who really sends postcards to anyone in this day and age. For me, it is a waste of money to buy 6 sets in order to get the mini set.

Very well put Nez. I agree whole-heartedly. I only bought the 1 regular edition set for my collection. I'm resigned to probably not getting the Minis.

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2011, 06:06:04 PM »

I agree as well.I don't even like to take part in such a blatant display of marketing B.S.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2011, 06:49:35 PM »

I know some who have expressed the opinion before that they like to limit  their WP collections to the standard trading card
size items. So I think for the people who are so inclined, these mini-postcards are a plus. Although, they would probably prefer all 6 titles to be available and to be the same artwork as the larger counterparts. Personally, I like the idea of including each title in both formats in the Postcard series. But as cute as the mini postcards are, I am a bigger fan of the opposite trend... I would like to see OS and ANS titles released in the larger postcard format. My guilty pleasure wish for Wacky Packages 50th anniversary, would be to see the Original Series 1 through 16 titles re-released in a postcard format/size.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2011, 03:35:39 AM »
I agree as well.I don't even like to take part in such a blatant display of marketing B.S.

You should send Topps HQ a postcard with that message on it.

DrDeal

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:01 PM »
Got my cheap set today.  I have to say that Ruffs is probably my favorite.  Very classic style Wacky.  Very nice set.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:47 PM »

So now that series 7 has been out a little while how do you rank the series overall relative to the previous series?  I like the sketch cards equally to the Halloween series, and maybe a tad more.  I think the actual postcards are at least as good if not better than prior series.  I also like series 5 a lot.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »
My top 3 are.......1.Old Spikes.......2.Gloo Berry.....3.Romaine
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »
My favorite thing in the whole series.... Cap'n Clunk line "Made from Weaker, Conquered Robots!"
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

anything