Author Topic: Postcard Series 7 - SPOILERS  (Read 26756 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Postcard Series 7 - SPOILERS
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:12:52 AM »
Prepare to be spoiled...LOL

The envelopes are a bitch to open without tearing. I got lucky with one that came apart pretty easy but the others where glued really well.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Postcard Series 7 - SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »
Bonus card

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:32:21 AM »
Poster (thanks to Neil and Lance!)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
Bonus card

How about the mini-poster cards?  I just heard about them today.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
How about the mini-poster cards?  I just heard about them today.

No idea. I just ordered those so I won't have them for a week.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
No idea. I just ordered those so I won't have them for a week.

That's right, I forgot they just hit their store today.  I should have mine Monday or Tuesday, and the limited batch on Monday as well.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 12:53:29 PM »
Loving the artwork on Marigold Whip!!!   My favorite as of today!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
Loving the artwork on Marigold Whip!!!   My favorite as of today!
I'm betting you haven't seen Cap'n Clunk.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 01:41:10 PM »
I'm betting you haven't seen Cap'n Clunk.

You are correct.... I have not.  Looking forward to it though.  :-)
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »

one thing though..... those aren't marigolds.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »

one thing though..... those aren't marigolds.

Your right!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »
Your right!

African Daisy Whip wouldn't have sounded right though....  ;)
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »

African Daisy Whip wouldn't have sounded right though....  ;)

You haven't lived until you've felt an African daisy whip.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »
Nice series guys! Love the monster cereals. Great colors this series. Especially love the blue on Ruffs. "Ask for them by name" :)
Neat to see a Jay Lynch this round. Also love the guy on Romaine - he cracks me up! Oh and I agree about Marigold Whip. That one is awesome. Love the glass rendering, and the woman is nicely done. The poster rocks!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »
Nice series guys! Love the monster cereals. Great colors this series. Especially love the blue on Ruffs. "Ask for them by name" :)
Neat to see a Jay Lynch this round. Also love the guy on Romaine - he cracks me up! Oh and I agree about Marigold Whip. That one is awesome. Love the glass rendering, and the woman is nicely done. The poster rocks!

I agree. It's great seeing Lynch involved he is an amazing talent that hasn't been fully untapped with any series until now. I can't wait to see other sketches that Jay came up with. I am very sincere in this request. I think other artists are only trying to be like Jay. He's the real deal! I will be totally honest I was really unhappy with the blue sketch lines on the sketches. He is such a great talent that it saddens me to see him not expressing himself. I was so happy to get one of his PC7 sketches. To me that was the highlight of my pulls. Totally awesome! I also got the Blue Beanie that Jay painted and words can't describe it. It's so amazing that you would want to frame it. It's totally amazing!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »
I will be totally honest I was really unhappy with the blue sketch lines on the sketches. He is such a great talent that it saddens me to see him not expressing himself.

I know we've discussed this before but based on the quantity Jay did it would barely be possible for him to free sketch them all.  Do you think he could have done 3,000 sketches the normal way?, or would you have preferred that he did less sketches so he wouldn't have needed the outlines?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »
I know we've discussed this before but based on the quantity Jay did it would barely be possible for him to free sketch them all.  Do you think he could have done 3,000 sketches the normal way?, or would you have preferred that he did less sketches so he wouldn't have needed the outlines?

I'm not involved with negotiations but i would love for Lynch to express his creativity with OLDS2. he did the same sketches with olds1. All of the artists did very unique sketches. Yes, there are some the same but we are only taiking about 5-10 sketches and not 200 of the same sketches. Look at Parisi, I don't think he copied one sketch. Not One! Every one unique and funny as hell!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
Don't worry, Jay is free drawing all his Old School 3 sketches.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 10:54:07 PM »
Each postcard sketch I did is different.  This is because I didn't have to do 200 each of the same character....coupled with the fact that the characters on the postcard sketches I did are all based on the characters I did on the postcards, and thus were fresh in my mind and I didn't have to look at 'em in order to know what they look like.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »
This is a great postcard set!  Cool to have the cereal trio all in one set.  Didn't get an order in for the regular set yet, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to see Cap'n Clunk up close, but that looks fantastic, too.  I noticed that both Count Cluckula and Gloo Berry have Mushmallows/Mush Mallows.

I love Ruffs!  Those poor drippy dogs are awesome!  Romaine is hysterical, just full of great gags, along with a great painting.  I'll definitely be sending one of the postcards to a friend who I know uses it.  Old Spikes has a classic Wacky look and feel to it, which Jay is a master at.  So happy to finally have a larger size color Wacky of his!

Marigold Whip is beautifully painted!  That jar and lid are incredible, and the label is dead on.  Also nice to see a female as the sole character, and she's done with a great deal of detail, too.

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 06:47:03 AM »
Each postcard sketch I did is different.  This is because I didn't have to do 200 each of the same character....coupled with the fact that the characters on the postcard sketches I did are all based on the characters I did on the postcards, and thus were fresh in my mind and I didn't have to look at 'em in order to know what they look like.

You were in some crazy zone with these sketch cards! I wish we had had time to do a sketch card poster, because every one of yours deserves to be shown off! That's not to say that the other artists didn't do a great job, but there's something different about Jay's. Maybe I'll look into doing a belated release if there's enough interest...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:54:45 AM by koduck »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 07:46:56 AM »
I'm not involved with negotiations but i would love for Lynch to express his creativity with OLDS2. he did the same sketches with olds1. All of the artists did very unique sketches. Yes, there are some the same but we are only taiking about 5-10 sketches and not 200 of the same sketches. Look at Parisi, I don't think he copied one sketch. Not One! Every one unique and funny as hell!

I think the fact that you have an issue with it is fine but your not offering any alternative to the problem they had.  It's like the fans I hear on the radio call in because they want a starting pitcher they are frustrated with benched, and when the radio host asks who they would like to put in their spot that could do better the phone goes silent.

Offline Liquidfox

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »
would you have preferred that he did less sketches so he wouldn't have needed the outlines?

Ding, Ding, Ding ...we have a winner.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 08:14:47 AM »
Prepare to be spoiled...LOL
The envelopes are a bitch to open without tearing. I got lucky with one that came apart pretty easy but the others where glued really well.
[/quote)
What bio cards did you get? I got kirscht and engstrom three times!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »
I think the fact that you have an issue with it is fine but your not offering any alternative to the problem they had.  It's like the fans I hear on the radio call in because they want a starting pitcher they are frustrated with benched, and when the radio host asks who they would like to put in their spot that could do better the phone goes silent.
Well, the alternative is easy. Let him do what ever he wants like he did with PC7's. I would love to see all of Jay's sketches. I think Jay is a phenomenal talent that was wasted in OLDS2. I talk to other collectors when we get boxes in and we don't even discuss the Lynch sketches. In OLDS1 he at least did about 50 or so 'one offs' that people were excited to find. That is what was missing from OLDS2.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
Well, the alternative is easy. Let him do what ever he wants like he did with PC7's. I would love to see all of Jay's sketches. I think Jay is a phenomenal talent that was wasted in OLDS2. I talk to other collectors when we get boxes in and we don't even discuss the Lynch sketches. In OLDS1 he at least did about 50 or so 'one offs' that people were excited to find. That is what was missing from OLDS2.

I said a number of posts up that Jay will be free drawing and "one offing" ALL his Old School 3 sketches so that is that.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »
Great postcard set indeed!  I love cereal parodies, so was delighted to see Count Cluckula, Flabbenbelly (Great for Monstrous Appetites!) and Gloo Berry. And each a monster cereals for a one two punch.  Fantastic to see Jay as wacky as ever.  Ruffs has that classic look (and the snot actually makes sense in this case) and Romaine -- the guy's face says it all:  "Ta-Da!"  As several people have noted, the lid on Marigold is amazing.  And I love the gal, she looks like Heave's sister without the nausea. Who is the artist on this one?  Can't wait to see Cap'n Clunk in person and I'm hoping for a trade on a bio card for Pat Chaimuang. A new artist to the wacky fold and I'm curious.  Kudos to all the artists and thanks so much Neil for keeping the postcards coming and better than ever!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
I said a number of posts up that Jay will be free drawing and "one offing" ALL his Old School 3 sketches so that is that.
No, I know you did. I was just referring to OLDS 1 and 2. Can't wait for OLDS3 now. I can't wait to see Jay's sketches. I imagine they will be the highlight of the series.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 02:47:06 PM »
Anyone looking to sell a Marigold Whip ?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 02:47:40 PM »
I can't wait to see Jay's sketches. I imagine they will be the highlight of the series.
The stickers should be the highlight. If not then the series is a failure.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 07:47:28 AM »
Poster (thanks to Neil and Lance!)

In that Wacky Package Postcard poster: Is that the McDonaldland Hamburglar in it? He hasn't appeared in any ANS Wacky Package yet!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 07:48:26 AM »
I ordered 2 packs (since I plan to save the cereal postcards to mail at Halloween in October) to even get the bonus mini postcard.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
Well, the alternative is easy. Let him do what ever he wants like he did with PC7's. I would love to see all of Jay's sketches. I think Jay is a phenomenal talent that was wasted in OLDS2.

You still seem to be missing the point.  Everyone agrees it would be better without the lines.  Thats not the issue.  Compare the quantities of Old School vs the postcard series.  It was my understanding that the lines were there to make it easier and quicker to do 3,000+ sketches.  How will letting him do whatever he wants make them go quicker?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
In that Wacky Package Postcard poster: Is that the McDonaldland Hamburglar in it? He hasn't appeared in any ANS Wacky Package yet!

He is the crook from Tombs
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline dth1971

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
He is the crook from Tombs

Robble robble, I see...

anything