Author Topic: Postcard Series 7 Sketches - Spoiler!  (Read 28952 times)

Offline Fool-Aid

Re: Postcard Series 7 Sketches - Spoiler!
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »
Here are the 3 that I pulled earlier today, finally got my delivery out here in Calif.

What do you guys think of this Lynch sketch?

I was really pleased with all three. Finally got my first Camera sketch too! Love this version of Romaine too.

If anyone is interested in the Lynch please send me a PM. 

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:23 PM »
Very Nice!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »
Here are the 3 that I pulled earlier today, finally got my delivery out here in Calif.

What do you guys think of this Lynch sketch?

I was really pleased with all three. Finally got my first Camera sketch too! Love this version of Romaine too.

If anyone is interested in the Lynch please send me a PM.  

That Neil sketch looks unique because most of the ones I've seen have the high stacked hair.  I like that one.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:14:59 AM by Dr Popper »
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2011, 09:30:12 PM »
I have been buying and trading and will post my keepers when I am done but here are some extras I have. I like the Romaine Spike combo card!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2011, 01:33:56 PM »

Here are my Series 7 sketches!................

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
Here are my Series 7 sketches!................

That's a really nice group!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
Am I the only one who hasnt opened theirs yet?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »
Am I the only one who hasnt opened theirs yet?

What are you waiting for?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »
That's a really nice group!

Thanks, do you like the one from Jay?  I wasn't crazy about it at first but it's growing on me I think.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2011, 04:21:17 AM »
Thanks, do you like the one from Jay?  I wasn't crazy about it at first but it's growing on me I think.

I do like that one.  It was great to see Jay's sketches in this set, they all seem to be somewhat different.  If you end up replacing it, let me know - I don't have one of his from this set (or a Parisi, for that matter).

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
Wait until OLDS3 hits. They are taking the reigns off Jay and it will be awesome!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 02:43:02 PM »
What are you waiting for?

I dont know, maybe my birthday.  I guess they are like Christmas presents. Knowing they are in the closet, all wrapped up. You know its something you want, but you just dont know which one you'll get.

I do have a little guilt complex about opening stuff. These will be the first postcard packs i have ever opened. I have the opening pack jitters. I have trouble opening a single box of OS 2. I've only opened 2 OS1, and 8 OS2 so far, with a bunch of unopeneds for special days.

I would love to be a fly on your wall, watching you open cases. Seeing your big wide open eyes, salivating like Pavlov's dog, with your Edward Scissor hands on, Shredding through a case of Old School 2. ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2011, 03:27:40 PM »
I dont know, maybe my birthday.  I guess they are like Christmas presents. Knowing they are in the closet, all wrapped up. You know its something you want, but you just dont know which one you'll get.

I do have a little guilt complex about opening stuff. These will be the first postcard packs i have ever opened. I have the opening pack jitters. I have trouble opening a single box of OS 2. I've only opened 2 OS1, and 8 OS2 so far, with a bunch of unopeneds for special days.

I would love to be a fly on your wall, watching you open cases. Seeing your big wide open eyes, salivating like Pavlov's dog, with your Edward Scissor hands on, Shredding through a case of Old School 2. ;D
Man, I don't have that kind of patience. I need to know what's in the envelopes. You obviously have a lot of self control.
Where do you live? I'll come over and rip them open for you. You don't even have to be in the same room...LOL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »
I would say this auction has gotten a bit out of hand for a sketch
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Series-7-L-E-Postcard-Set-JL-Sketch-/310331271616

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Series-7-L-E-Postcard-Set-JL-Sketch-/310331271616

But Brad, thats yer girl, doin what she does best!  Oh and by the way, the sketch that started that whole big arguement that she bought from u for 60, she just sold for 30...WTF!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:48:44 PM by lucidjc »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »

But Brad, thats yer girl, doin what she does best!  Oh and by the way, the sketch that started that whole big arguement that she bought from u for 60, she just sold for 30...WTF!!!!!

She's not the high bidder. What sketch did I sell her?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »
She's not the high bidder. What sketch did I sell her?

She just pumped up the bid.    and the Nobustco Griffith

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »

She just pumped up the bid.    and the Nobustco Griffith

She didn't win it so others feel it should be worth more. What I find odd is people judging peoples buying strategy. I don't get it. If people have issues I want to hear them all. I don't understand this. Why are people so pissed because people are bidding on stuff? Did you even bid on this auction? If not, why have such a strong opinion? It doesn't affect you. Is it envy?
I don't remember selling the Griffith so I have no comment. I buy and sell a bunch so I can't remember everything. I know others think this is odd but I bought around 20 PC7 sketches in a 3 day period and I actually had no idea what I had bought. I had packages coming in every day and was surprised each day. It was fun. Most probably can't fathom this but I have sold and bought over 500 deals in the last 2 months. I really enjoy this except for the eBay and Paypal fees...LOL

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 10:11:31 PM »
She didn't win it so others feel it should be worth more. What I find odd is people judging peoples buying strategy. I don't get it. If people have issues I want to hear them all. I don't understand this. Why are people so pissed because people are bidding on stuff? Did you even bid on this auction? If not, why have such a strong opinion? It doesn't affect you. Is it envy?
I don't remember selling the Griffith so I have no comment. I buy and sell a bunch so I can't remember everything. I know others think this is odd but I bought around 20 PC7 sketches in a 3 day period and I actually had no idea what I had bought. I had packages coming in every day and was surprised each day. It was fun. Most probably can't fathom this but I have sold and bought over 500 deals in the last 2 months. I really enjoy this except for the eBay and Paypal fees...LOL

No i didnt bid on that sketch. And i was only commenting on your comment. Apparently you thought it was worth commenting on. When did I judge anyones buying habits? And my issue is the same as last time. She pumps up the bids on sketches, gets them, then sells them off at half price....once again...WTF!!!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2011, 05:56:26 AM »

No i didnt bid on that sketch. And i was only commenting on your comment. Apparently you thought it was worth commenting on. When did I judge anyones buying habits? And my issue is the same as last time. She pumps up the bids on sketches, gets them, then sells them off at half price....once again...WTF!!!

Yea, I see that too..I don't understand the logic but if she wants to lose money, and seems like she has it to burn, the so be it...she paid a ton for all the OLDS1 Color sketches only to try to sell them back to the people on the forum about a month later...don't see the motivation..is she really a collector?? I have to admit from a pricing standpoint it is amusing to watch..

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2011, 08:02:21 AM »
Yea, I see that too..I don't understand the logic but if she wants to lose money, and seems like she has it to burn, the so be it...she paid a ton for all the OLDS1 Color sketches only to try to sell them back to the people on the forum about a month later...don't see the motivation..is she really a collector?? I have to admit from a pricing standpoint it is amusing to watch..

Guys, she probably pulled another one similar. I've done this a lot also. If you want something bad enough you will pay more than you probably should. Others might not feel their worth as much and not bid up. Probably the same scenario as the Griffith sketch example. You have no control over what people will bid. I sold a Bhob sketch for $2. I sure would have expected a bit more.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »

I guess this counter-balances the Simko Flabben sketches that won't sell for $20!
Still looking for Series 17

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
I guess this counter-balances the Simko Flabben sketches that won't sell for $20!

With 70 or so of them they are not too hard to find.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
With 70 or so of them they are not too hard to find.

It's funny though how getting one of 70 of them from a Topps online release is easy but getting a chase card done in the same quantity in a retail release is pretty tough. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
It's funny though how getting one of 70 of them from a Topps online release is easy but getting a chase card done in the same quantity in a retail release is pretty tough.  

It is pretty sad. The Lynches are still holding a high value but the others have dropped dramatically. I think the problem is there wasn't as many variations. Lynch did so many unique sketches. I don't think any of his are the same. 

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »
My best pull,,,got a couple from Neil as well.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:35:02 PM by CanadianClod »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »
She hounded me with several emails over a few hours for scans of sketches I have for sale, she liked three of them, I asked her to make an offer and then she stopped responding cold turkey.  I know she goes on vacations so I wrote her saying I would give her time to get back to me thinking she was on vacation and still no courtesy to even respond yet I see her bidding on ebay so I know she has internet access.  Sorry, that is psychotic behavior.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2011, 05:32:37 PM »

I also find it amusing to watch "dumb money" do its thing.  Maybe this is just the inner sadist in me.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
I'm posting my PC7 pulls again here for completeness (I missed this thread somehow and posted them in the spoilers thread...), and because I was really struck with my Simko pull of FlabbenBerry. I LOVE this sketch card. I think it alone has gotten me into the sketch cards.

Why? I think it's because it shows a whole landscape. A place. There's such depth in it. And the portrayal of the character is great imo. It's all comic book-like and yet this place really feels like his home. It's also like he is inviting you in, offering you some cereal, and eating it himself -- all at the same time. Subtle and amazing imo.

Thanks, Joe!  :great:

[expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/images/Wackys/PS7_SketchCard_PAT_CountCluckula.png[/expando][expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/images/Wackys/PS7_SketchCard_Simko_FlabbenBerry.png[/expando][expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/images/Wackys/PS7_SketchCard_Camera_Romaine.png[/expando]

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2011, 11:52:50 PM »
I'm posting my PC7 pulls again here for completeness (I missed this thread somehow and posted them in the spoilers thread...), and because I was really struck with my Simko pull of FlabbenBerry. I LOVE this sketch card. I think it alone has gotten me into the sketch cards.

Why? I think it's because it shows a whole landscape. A place. There's such depth in it. And the portrayal of the character is great imo. It's all comic book-like and yet this place really feels like his home. It's also like he is inviting you in, offering you some cereal, and eating it himself -- all at the same time. Subtle and amazing imo.

Thanks, Joe!  :great:

[expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/images/Wackys/PS7_SketchCard_PAT_CountCluckula.png[/expando][expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/images/Wackys/PS7_SketchCard_Simko_FlabbenBerry.png[/expando][expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/images/Wackys/PS7_SketchCard_Camera_Romaine.png[/expando]

I have never been a fan a Joes sketch cards. His art is Amazing though. Seeing some of the OS 2, and certain PC 7's have really blown me away. I think i have been converted....oops did i say that out loud?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
Notice there hasn't been any more cool PC7 sketches such as Lynch on eBay for awhile. People get excited over these high prices but when their gone they rarely ever show up again.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
Notice there hasn't been any more cool PC7 sketches such as Lynch on eBay for awhile. People get excited over these high prices but when their gone they rarely ever show up again.

I think with the strict limit of 3 more collectors were able to get them vs. the dealers.  Hence less for sale. I still have my 3 sets unopened. It is eating me up thinking whats inside. I was able to pick up a very nice Simko Flab for $20 shipped. So i may have to ride this out till Halloween comes and takes the pressure of of PC 7 for me. Shift the focus.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
? why would you not tear them open an reveal in the contents or sell them fast and avoid the temptation?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2011, 03:26:12 AM »

I gave up on finding reasonably priced PC7 Lynch or Parisi sketches.  I think I'll be offering some sketches myself soon.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
I think its time to revive a dead thread...Just opened a PC7 envelope and plucked a very nice Neil Camera Combo shetch. I was thinking of selling my other 2 unopeneds to pay some medical bills. In case anyone was wondering i still have...

3 unopened 2010 Halloween 
3 Unopened PC6                 Yes Lance, i still have the one i bought from you.
2 unopened 2011 Halloween
2 unopened PC7
5 unopened PC8