Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11  (Read 67460 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
Another thing about eBay is people will pay more for the regular set than they can order direct from Topps even with free shipping. It just amazes me that people will just buy without a little research. I guess that is waphat eBay is for.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2011, 05:36:54 AM »
Another thing about eBay is people will pay more for the regular set than they can order direct from Topps even with free shipping. It just amazes me that people will just buy without a little research. I guess that is waphat eBay is for.

I notice the same thing...you want to shake 'em but I can't get my hands thru the computer... >:D

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »
Looks like the Wacky Gods finally smiled on me. Got my "waiting list" email a few minutes ago (THANKS NEIL!!) and ordered my 3 LE sets. Decided to go ahead and buy 6 of the regular sets and hopefully can trade to get a set of the limited cards there.

And what the heck, bought one more box of OS2. Color sketch card coming my way! ;)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »
Looks like the Wacky Gods finally smiled on me. Got my "waiting list" email a few minutes ago (THANKS NEIL!!) and ordered my 3 LE sets. Decided to go ahead and buy 6 of the regular sets and hopefully can trade to get a set of the limited cards there.

And what the heck, bought one more box of OS2. Color sketch card coming my way! ;)

Glad to hear that you were able to get your LE sets!

By the way, Topps is not offering a waiting list option this time around, but evidently, they had a few sets left over from last Thursday's sale. That usually happens after the dust settles.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
Awesome job Neil on the new Postcard set. Loved the Romaine! Made me laugh out loud. Very clever!  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2011, 02:19:00 AM »
I can't remember the last time I got free handing.

I re-read this and it looks like I'm petulantly complaining about not getting free stuff, instead of the sophomoric innuendo  that I intended. I should have made it more clear with something like "The last time I got a free handing was in my high school locker room. Hey-yo! (rim shot)"

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2011, 02:49:32 AM »
Big props to Neil, Mike at the Topps Vault, and the talented roster of creators behind this swell new postcards set. Lots to like but I'm especially glad to see Jay contributing a painting, and his sketch cards look like a new high-water mark. (On a personal note, it was cool to see my Cinder Bear character sitting at the Wacky poker table--thanks to Neil and Lance for that nod.)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2011, 07:04:29 AM »
Big props to Neil, Mike at the Topps Vault, and the talented roster of creators behind this swell new postcards set. Lots to like but I'm especially glad to see Jay contributing a painting, and his sketch cards look like a new high-water mark. (On a personal note, it was cool to see my Cinder Bear character sitting at the Wacky poker table--thanks to Neil and Lance for that nod.)
I RECENTLY RECEIVED AN UNFOLDED COPY OF THE POSTER,IT TOOK A SEMI BEATING WHILE IN TRANSIT
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2011, 11:23:44 PM »
I re-read this and it looks like I'm petulantly complaining about not getting free stuff, instead of the sophomoric innuendo  that I intended. I should have made it more clear with something like "The last time I got a free handing was in my high school locker room. Hey-yo! (rim shot)"

Last I got a free 'rim shot' was in H.S. ! O.K. back to topic...
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2011, 11:32:28 PM »
Last I got a free 'rim shot' was in H.S. ! O.K. back to topic...

Nice! I feel redeemed now.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »
I just finished painting another black and white sketch card for the postcard series.  It goes up on ebay on the evening of July 4th at 10 p.m. Pacific time for a one day auction.

anything