Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11  (Read 67446 times)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Re: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
THE REGULAR SERIES 7 POSTCARDS ARE NOW LIVE (12:00 NOON EASTERN):

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-800/Wacky-Packages-Postcards-7/Detail

So I'm trying to figure out what's in the regular set that wasn't in the limited set - is it just the Captain Cluck card?  And I'm a bit confused on the "mini" postcards you get if you buy 2 sets.  Are they just smaller versions of the regular postcards?  Are they regular sticker size?  And I take there are 3 of them altogether?

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »
THE REGULAR SERIES 7 POSTCARDS ARE NOW LIVE (12:00 NOON EASTERN):

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-800/Wacky-Packages-Postcards-7/Detail

Got my regular set ordered.  Love the Free Shipping!!!
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
My postcards just showed up. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
Did you order 2 sets to get the mini's?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2011, 10:24:29 AM »
Jason.....your missing the boat completely,I AM WELL AWARE I AM NOT THE PERSON WHO ORIGINALLY THOUGHT OF THIS CONCEPT.This is not apples and apples here,although similiar these 2 ideas are apples and oranges,my opinion.BOTTOM LINE AGAIN IF I DO NOT SHARE MY IDEA WITH NEIL THEIR IS NO PAINTING THUS NO POSTER,this is the whole reason why this set was delayed at least 2 monthes.I was asked to keep my mouth shut which i did at least up until yesterday and i was basically told (2 monthes ago) that i would get some credit for this and was never told otherwise.And i did not pester and badger NeiL what so ever regarding the Topps/NeiL poster.NeiL says he was going to say something on my behalf at the right time,this is just words not actions,and just how long was i supposed to wait 1 week,1 month,1 year,1 decade.This was my time to get some good feedback for contributing something positive to this hobby(business).It in all honesty it makes very little difference to me whether i heard some nice things from forum members or not and chances some members would have only said something in the private messages.
PS.......Hopefully their will be no ill will towards this art,since i had something to do with it
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2011, 10:47:47 AM »
Maybe we can have a Lance/Neil Forum Poster signing  :great:

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
So I'm trying to figure out what's in the regular set that wasn't in the limited set - is it just the Captain Cluck card?  And I'm a bit confused on the "mini" postcards you get if you buy 2 sets.  Are they just smaller versions of the regular postcards?  Are they regular sticker size?  And I take there are 3 of them altogether?

The limited edition set includes the artist's cards, the 6 signed postcards with a COA, a sketch card and Marigold Whip bonus card. The regular set does not include these items but does include a unique bonus card (Capn Clunk) and with every 2 set purchase you get 1 of 3 different mini postcards, which are based on some of the series 7 titles but feature different art. They're 3.5"x2.5" cards.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
Damn! I didn't know about 3 mini cards. Now I had to buy another 4 sets just to try and get all 3. This is getting expensive!

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »
Jason.....your missing the boat completely,I AM WELL AWARE I AM NOT THE PERSON WHO ORIGINALLY THOUGHT OF THIS CONCEPT.This is not apples and apples here,although similiar these 2 ideas are apples and oranges,my opinion.BOTTOM LINE AGAIN IF I DO NOT SHARE MY IDEA WITH NEIL THEIR IS NO PAINTING THUS NO POSTER,this is the whole reason why this set was delayed at least 2 monthes.I was asked to keep my mouth shut which i did at least up until yesterday and i was basically told (2 monthes ago) that i would get some credit for this and was never told otherwise.And i did not pester and badger NeiL what so ever regarding the Topps/NeiL poster.NeiL says he was going to say something on my behalf at the right time,this is just words not actions,and just how long was i supposed to wait 1 week,1 month,1 year,1 decade.This was my time to get some good feedback for contributing something positive to this hobby(business).It in all honesty it makes very little difference to me whether i heard some nice things from forum members or not and chances some members would have only said something in the private messages.
PS.......Hopefully their will be no ill will towards this art,since i had something to do with it

I think the poster is a wonderful bonus for the postcard series, and a fun idea.  I also think it's neat that you made a contribution, and one that turned out so cool.  

And I do understand your desire to be credited with the part you played in this.  

You just seemed a bit antagonistic, when you offered up this news.  I found it ironic, in that you would offer up your own credit, without seeming to acknowledge that there was another, far more important player in all of this land-grab for inspiration - that player being the artist of the original piece, whose idea is a part of our popular culture, and has been for a century.  His name isn't "Dogs Playing Poker", it's Coolidge.  And if you want your name mentioned, you should mention his, don't you agree?  

If the "BOTTOM LINE AGAIN IF I DO NOT SHARE MY IDEA WITH NEIL THEIR IS NO PAINTING THUS NO POSTER", well, if there is no Coolidge creating that piece, you don't have your idea.  Because your idea was a riff on his (or the fellows at the commissioning company) idea - and it's a riff that many before you have made.    So, if you want to "bottom line" it, well, you still missed the boat in giving credit where credit is due, too.  And that, I believe, was your point - to give credit when and where it is due.

It would be neat if this had led you, and in turn us, to learn a bit more about the artist and the inspiration behind the original piece.  Because, until I Googled him, I don't think I'd ever known much about him, or that there was a known history on that famous piece, which has been aped countless times over the decades since the idea was first come up with.  
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
Damn! I didn't know about 3 mini cards. Now I had to buy another 4 sets just to try and get all 3. This is getting expensive!
Or summon the power of Lockwood on Ebay  :P

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2011, 10:59:03 AM »

I'm also a bit confused.  I think each set contains a Capt. Cluck, but only if one orders 2 sets will one get a "mini" postcard.  What is unclear to me is what image is on the mini postcard and whether there is only one mini postcard or various different ones.  Neil, any more info you can add?

Thanks!

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
Anyone know why Topps site is trying to charge me shipping......is there a code?

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »
I just checked Greg's forum, and they are not even discussing the new postcard set!

Is that the old site which now requires you to write a letter asking permission to join again?  :]

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »
I'm also a bit confused.  I think each set contains a Capt. Cluck, but only if one orders 2 sets will one get a "mini" postcard.  What is unclear to me is what image is on the mini postcard and whether there is only one mini postcard or various different ones.  Neil, any more info you can add?

Thanks!

It says on the Topps site that with every 2 sets ordered you get an exclusive mini-postcard, and then it says "collect all 3!", so if you but 6 sets and don't get all 3 you would have the dupes you would need to trade for them.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
Or summon the power of Lockwood on Ebay  :P

Is Lockwood still around?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2011, 11:55:36 AM »

Thanks!

The 3 mini postcards are card size and have souvenir postcard style backs. I suppose in theory you could try mailing them? Anyway, they're based on the 3 cereal parodies in the set (but with redrawn art). You get ONE card with every TWO regular set purchase.

« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2011, 12:33:50 PM »
Jason,what did you know about Mr.Coolidge at say 6 AM New York time this morning,probable not much more than myself since you seemed to have disappeared for 2 or 3 hours earlier today,were you doing research? I have never claimed to be an historian or the forum expert on all subjects.So you agree i did make a contribution to PC 7,because everyone else that made a contribution was acknowledged with the wednesday afternoon post,everyone except myself,this is not really a self serving statement this is a statement of fact nothing more and nothing less.I did not have to share my idea with anyone and i bet NeiL right about now is wishing i did not share it with him either.I made the purple post because i was convinced at the time,NeiL was never going to mention anything,therefore i needed to take it upon myself to let whomever know i had a little something to do with the inspiration for the poster,did my purple post contain too much information YES IT DID and if i spoiled some of PC 7 joy members were going to experience then I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE...
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
Is Lockwood still around?

Have his old Phone....not sure...Lockwood 732-851-6388

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
I just checked Greg's forum, and they are not even discussing the new postcard set!

That forum is only for discussing RonZombie's vomit.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »
The 3 mini postcards are card size and have souvenir postcard style backs. I suppose in theory you could try mailing them? Anyway, they're based on the 3 cereal parodies in the set (but with redrawn art). You get ONE card with every TWO regular set purchase.

They would be too small to mail though, because the minimum postal size for a postcard is 5" x 3.5".  You could put it in an envelope and mail it though!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »
They would be too small to mail though, because the minimum postal size for a postcard is 5" x 3.5".  You could put it in an envelope and mail it though!

...or you could tape two cards together side by side.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
I made the purple post because i was convinced at the time,NeiL was never going to mention anything,therefore i needed to take it upon myself to let whomever know i had a little something to do with the inspiration for the poster...

Lance, I hope you realize now that I never had any intention of slighting you.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »
Jason,what did you know about Mr.Coolidge at say 6 AM New York time this morning,probable not much more than myself since you seemed to have disappeared for 2 or 3 hours earlier today,were you doing research? I have never claimed to be an historian or the forum expert on all subjects.So you agree i did make a contribution to PC 7,because everyone else that made a contribution was acknowledged with the wednesday afternoon post,everyone except myself,this is not really a self serving statement this is a statement of fact nothing more and nothing less.I did not have to share my idea with anyone and i bet NeiL right about now is wishing i did not share it with him either.I made the purple post because i was convinced at the time,NeiL was never going to mention anything,therefore i needed to take it upon myself to let whomever know i had a little something to do with the inspiration for the poster,did my purple post contain too much information YES IT DID and if i spoiled some of PC 7 joy members were going to experience then I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE...

I am wondering if all this could have been avoided if you would have just sent Neil a PM or email, instead of making your purple post.

« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »
Lance, I hope you realize now that I never had any intention of slighting you.
Yes, i know NeiL.......I have explained at least 3 times why i made the purple post and i do not consider that post to be a self serving post i consider it to be a factual post.I jumped the gun by 7 days,my sincere apologies to 1 and all.                                Lance Michael

« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »
I am wondering if all this could have been avoided if you would have just sent Neil a PM or email, instead of making your purple post.

YES,I AM SURE IT WOULD HAVE,I SHOULD HAVE ASKED NEIL THE PROPER QUESTIONS PRIVATELY.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2011, 01:53:08 PM »

As much as I love the mini postcards, I'm not going to buy 6 regular PC sets just to get them. I actually only bought one regular set. Hope the mini's show up on ebay or something...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »
As much as I love the mini postcards, I'm not going to buy 6 regular PC sets just to get them. I actually only bought one regular set. Hope the mini's show up on ebay or something...
They will but it will cost you more than buying 6 sets! Even buying 6 sets doesn't guarantee you all 3. It will be tough!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
They will but it will cost you more than buying 6 sets! Even buying 6 sets doesn't guarantee you all 3. It will be tough!

Think I'm going to have to stop adding to my separate cereal title collection. 

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »
I ordered the regular set too, Martin.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »

I didn't just get free shipping. I also got free "handing". I was at Topps yesterday and Mike handed me a set.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »

I am getting the 2 sets and the rest from Ebay

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2011, 06:37:25 PM »
Is that the old site which now requires you to write a letter asking permission to join again?  :]

Yup.  You can't just join it any more.  You have to get approved by the moderator to be a member (i.e. ingraved invitation only).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2011, 06:38:31 PM »
That forum is only for discussing RonZombie's vomit.

Ewwwww.  Seriously?  That's what passing for conversation over there?  So glad I got banned for life.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2011, 07:38:07 PM »
I also got free "handing".

I can't remember the last time I got free handing.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
Yes, i know NeiL.......I have explained at least 3 times why i made the purple post and i do not consider that post to be a self serving post i consider it to be a factual post.I jumped the gun by 7 days,my sincere apologies to 1 and all.                                Lance Michael

Your apologies are appreciated. I think that if you're to be honest with yourself, you have to admit that it was an entirely self-serving post. And that's OK. Learn and move on. Looking forward to seeing the poster.

anything