Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11  (Read 67461 times)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Re: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
                                                          "More than me and my mother need to see this"
                     My exact quote when NeiL told me about the Topps guy and his idea to make this a postcard or a poster
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2011, 06:48:09 PM »
"I don't plan to sell on ebay. 
I want them fast so I can prepare myself for what to expect when they hit eBay."

:a102:

What I mean is I want to see what's in each set befor I start buying stuff off eBay. I don't know what I will need for bios and such. We don't know the cool cards yet to know what to bid on.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
                                                          "More than me and my mother need to see this"
                     My exact quote when NeiL told me about the Topps guy and his idea to make this a postcard or a poster

I had every intention of giving you credit on your inspiring concept! I wanted to wait until people got their posters in hand. At this point, all they've seen is a small square on the shoptopps website.

THANKS, Neil

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
What I mean is I want to see what's in each set befor I start buying stuff off eBay. I don't know what I will need for bios and such. We don't know the cool cards yet to know what to bid on.
Since you'll have your cards tomorrow can you post scans? I won't have mine until Monday and I want to see everything. Maybe you can start a postcard spoiler thread.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:55 PM »
Since you'll have your cards tomorrow can you post scans? I won't have mine until Monday and I want to see everything. Maybe you can start a postcard spoiler thread.

I will post to a spoiler thread. Are you sure you want to be spoiled?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
I had every intention of giving you credit on your inspiring concept! I wanted to wait until people got their posters in hand. At this point, all they've seen is a small square on the shoptopps website.

THANKS, Neil

Geez, seriously? Neil I don't think you have to apologize for anything. No one has even received their sets yet and he is asking for credit. We don't even know what we will see in each set. Sure there is info on Topps site but no one really knows anything until we get them. I think Lance is jumping the gun on this because I know nothing about this picture and neither does anyone else until we get our sets. All I have seen is the same small square that you mentioned but really don't know how that works into the set.
If you want to give him credit then acknowledge the art concept for the website because that is all we know.
What I have also found in this hobby over the last few years is that Wacky collectors are a very sensitive group. We post stuff on a forum and messages can be cold but it might not be what people are thinking. It's how they express themselves. I am not like that. It takes a lot to rile me up. I'm sensitive and comments can hurt but I can let them roll off me but others can't seem to deal with it. I mean asking for credit for characters playing poker? Come on! Do you really think you came up with the concept? Seriously? How about all the characters having dinner at a diner? Ya I came up with that. I want everyone to know. How about all the characters at the last supper. Ya, that was my idea!
I wouldnt worry about this more than about 30 seconds so I could fully digest it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:49:12 PM by BumChex »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2011, 10:39:24 PM »
Been watching diligently every Mon/Tue to catch this series... was away for work yesterday and today and MISSED IT AGAIN.

:: Sigh ::

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »
I mean asking for credit for characters playing poker? Come on! Do you really think you came up with the concept?

From what I gathered, all DPV was asking for was credit for the idea to put "Wacky" characters on the dog poker print. "Give credit where credit is due" as they say. I agree DPV did jump the gun though, since Neil already said he was going to give him credit once we had the PC sets in hand.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »
Been watching diligently every Mon/Tue to catch this series... was away for work yesterday and today and MISSED IT AGAIN.

You may want to check the site over the next day or so, as Neil said, for possible invalid/cancelled orders that could get added back into inventory.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2011, 12:08:58 AM »
How about all the characters at the last supper. Ya, that was my idea!

I just stole your idea and painted this five minutes ago.  :icon_vader:

You don't have to post scans of the cards unless maybe others want to see them. Dave sent me scans so I'm good and spoiled. I'm not one to care for the surprise. I like to see these things as soon as they're ready and even before when possible.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »

If you bought 3 limited edition sets you'll get 6 bio cards, so with a little trading you should be able to get a complete set of 6 without ebay.

I got a tracking info last night, and UPS shows an expected delivery by the end of today!

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2011, 02:10:28 AM »
Without knowing anything that was being done for the postcard series, two sketch cards that I did for it are Wacky parodies of other classic paintings.   But I've parodied the poker dogs in the past myself.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2011, 03:17:46 AM »

I would PM Neil your email to be added to his "heads up" email list for Postcard releases. That way just watch your emails if you can't hit the site 4 times aday like many of us do :)

Regards,  DrDeal

« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2011, 03:53:54 AM »
From what I gathered, all DPV was asking for was credit for the idea to put "Wacky" characters on the dog poker print. "Give credit where credit is due" as they say. I agree DPV did jump the gun though, since Neil already said he was going to give him credit once we had the PC sets in hand.

IF Neil was going to EVENTUALLY tell everyone about the idea i shared with him,he would have said a little something in his original post on this thread,so that is hogwash.Bottom line if i do not share my idea with Neil their is no painting and thus no poster and this release would not have been delayed at least 2 monthes.I was asked to keep my mouth shut which i did for 2 monthes,like this poster was some big top level secret.Here's what i am going to do with my 3 posters...send a poster to Anders up in Minnesota,and sell the other 2 unopened sets.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:00:09 AM by deadpresidentsvisa »
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2011, 04:09:48 AM »
                   Here's something my father started saying to me and Dolph more than 35 years ago
                                               "I gave my mind reading act up years ago"
                                                  Feel free to use this whenever you like

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2011, 04:35:47 AM »
IF Neil was going to EVENTUALLY tell everyone about the idea i shared with him,he would have said a little something in his original post on this thread,so that is hogwash.Bottom line if i do not share my idea with Neil their is no painting and thus no poster and this release would not have been delayed at least 2 monthes.I was asked to keep my mouth shut which i did for 2 monthes,like this poster was some big top level secret.Here's what i am going to do with my 3 posters...send a poster to Anders up in Minnesota,and sell the other 2 unopened sets.

This is just a simple misunderstanding. The printed piece was originally supposed to be a postcard (with a credit line on back that mentioned Lance and I) but unfortunately, that didn't work out as planned. Hence the poster, which does not credit either of us. Anyway, I had intended this to be a little extra surprise for the postcard collectors and figured that there would be plenty of opportunity to discuss after people received them. Sometimes plans go astray.

For the record, Lance Michael came up with the wacky poker theme, and selected his favorite postcard characters, as seen around the table. I painted his original idea as a private commission and he was gracious enough to lend the concept back to me to create a highly modified version for the postcard set. Many thanks to him for the inspiration. And to give credit where credit is due, the poster was only possible because of the many artists and writers who created the hilarious characters that grace the table. To avoid forgetting any one person, my thanks go out to ALL of them! You can find their names on the backs of each of their respective postcards (past and present).

UPDATE: I've added Lance's name in the series 7 announcement (first post of this thread) for his poster concept, an essential part of the postcard series 7 equation. Thanks again Lance!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:15:16 AM by koduck »

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2011, 05:12:34 AM »
 :wav:

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2011, 05:21:18 AM »

NeiL.....Thank you for your most recent post,highly modified version I am not sure about that.And i do completely understand all the artists are very talented people,i was under the impression i was going to get some credit in some shape or form.You seem to me to be a man of a few words for the most part,thus leading me to make my purple post yesterday.Did my post contain too much information,perhaps,but this has been somewhat spoiled for me as well.At the time the decision was made no one would be getting a concept credit,i should have been told shortly thereafter.And I will admit publicly i was curious as to whether or not i would be getting my 15 minutes of fame.

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2011, 05:37:09 AM »
That poster is amazing!

All this hype over a poster that I can't find for the life on me,,where is it?
Are you talking bout the red image of the what I assume is the wrapper art??

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2011, 05:46:54 AM »
All this hype over a poster that I can't find for the life on me,,where is it?
Are you talking bout the red image of the what I assume is the wrapper art??

Nope, it's on the home page of the shoptopps site (in the lower right corner).

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2011, 05:57:20 AM »

NeiL.....Thank you for your most recent post,highly modified version I am not sure about that.And i do completely understand all the artists are very talented people,i was under the impression i was going to get some credit in some shape or form.You seem to me to be a man of a few words for the most part,thus leading me to make my purple post yesterday.Did my post contain too much information,perhaps,but this has been somewhat spoiled for me as well.At the time the decision was made no one would be getting a concept credit,i should have been told shortly thereafter.And I will admit publicly i was curious as to whether or not i would be getting my 15 minutes of fame.

No hard feelings Lance. And I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm. Thanks for being Lance.

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2011, 06:13:33 AM »

Still don't see it.Been on about every page I can find.
http://www.cafepress.com/shoptopps

« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2011, 06:18:23 AM »
Jason, put a link to where you want to go,scroll page 2 of this thread and look for the link I am a computer novice myself so this is all the help i can give.Or you can read my purple post and at the same time use your imagination.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:22:11 AM by deadpresidentsvisa »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:08 AM »
Still don't see it.Been on about every page I can find.
http://www.cafepress.com/shoptopps

Here it is duder!!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »
Is this poster something we buy?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2011, 07:19:10 AM »

No, it comes as an extra with each limited edition set.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2011, 07:36:48 AM »

2011 Wacky Packages Series 7 Limited Edition Postcards

SKU: WPC7A
$39.95

Originally designed by Wacky Artist Neil Camera, each postcard boasts a brand new Wacky Packages parody gag. Features the Art of Neil Camera, Joe Simko, Jay Lynch, Brent Engstrom, Matthew Kirscht and Pat Chaimuang.
Limited to only 500 Postcard Sets, each set includes:
• Six full-color, Artist-Signed Postcards
• Postcards feature Authentic Postcard back
• Artist Signed & Numbered Sketch Card
• "Marigold Whip" Bonus Card #TS12
• 2 Artist Bio Cards (Collect all 6!)
• Full Color Postcard Envelope
• Wacky Packages Postcards Poster
• Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
• Exclusively from ShopTopps.com

*Limited to three (3) sets per billing/shipping address
*Surpassing this limit may result in the cancellation of ALL your orders

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2011, 07:49:19 AM »
I don't see the regular PC7 set for sale today yet. Is Topps waiting till after noon for this set also?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2011, 07:50:39 AM »
That poker poster is ridiculously cool.   Always another reason to smile and chuckle in this hobby.  :)

Thanks to DPV for that flash of brillance. Looking forward to this release. And the others that follow it.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2011, 07:58:49 AM »
I just stole your idea and painted this five minutes ago.  :icon_vader:

You don't have to post scans of the cards unless maybe others want to see them. Dave sent me scans so I'm good and spoiled. I'm not one to care for the surprise. I like to see these things as soon as they're ready and even before when possible.
Too funny!
I think it would be great to use this one and have wacky characters at the diner and Mrs. Klean serving up the food....LOL

Offline Swiski

« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2011, 08:34:03 AM »
I just checked Greg's forum, and they are not even discussing the new postcard set!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »
I just checked Greg's forum, and they are not even discussing the new postcard set!

They probably aren't even aware of it yet.  I'm don't think the few that are left there are serious collectors anyway. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2011, 09:01:50 AM »
THE REGULAR SERIES 7 POSTCARDS ARE NOW LIVE (12:00 NOON EASTERN):

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-800/Wacky-Packages-Postcards-7/Detail

« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2011, 09:05:08 AM »
That poker poster is ridiculously cool.   Always another reason to smile and chuckle in this hobby.  :)

Thanks to DPV for that flash of brillance. Looking forward to this release. And the others that follow it.

Regards,  DrDeal
DrDeal, THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS......       ...........Lance

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »

Please take this in a constructive way, but for a guy interested in everyone getting proper credit, you didn't once mention the ORIGINAL artist, who long ago created the piece you took your idea from, C.M. Coolidge, or the company that commissioned IT, Brown & Bigelow.  

Yes, you Googled "Dogs Playing Poker", and thought it would be neat to commission a Wacky character version of it, but if you're going to be hyper-righteous about folks getting proper credit, at least include the the late, great, C.M. Coolidge, when you're requesting credit.  

Maybe giving a mention to Coolidge would be appropriate, too...  I mean, if credit is a big deal and all.  Because, without HIM (and actually, in your commissioner-gets-credit world, add Brown & Bigelow into this mix)... you wouldn't have had anything to Google... and without that iconic piece, seeing the characters playing poker wouldn't be all that novel, and so on and so on.  

Just sayin'...  So there are a few names other than yours that got left out, and you weren't thinking of THEM.  Which maybe makes it understandable why someone wouldn't think of you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:33:16 AM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

anything