Author Topic: Monsterette's Pinball Chat Room  (Read 24138 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
I hope you all had a good time at the Pinball Wizards shows we attended in Allentown. I will cherish the memories of the good times and the people I met there, Wacky and non-Wacky. The 2010 show this past May was the last. The organizers have decided not to continue. It is a lot of work to put on a show of that magnitude and the financial rewards are not that great, if there's any money left over at all. The 2008 show will always hold a special place in my heart, as it was my first pinball show and thanks to Brian Lambert (BRUTE 88), what got me into the hobby. Had my first two pins delivered about 3 weeks later! There has been talk of someone else trying to take it over, but it is too early to know anything definite. Everyone agrees the location and if possible, the dates should stay the same. It was nice having it on the same weekend as the Philly show. The Farmer's Market next door and the flea market are what made this show unique. This was THE place to go to find pins, projects, parts, you name it. One guy this year found a nice Slick Chick after an 18 year search. I'm still looking for one, hope it doesn't take that long! I'll never forget running up the ramp into TNT Amusement's truck and seeing a Heatwave and Jungle, but they were already sold. The owner of the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park bought them, so that was cool. I've been there and played them. Well, I guess this leaves more time for hanging out or going to Dorney Park. I hear a Three Stooges fest happens at the same time, too.
Bummer, I looked forward to this pinball shows.  Keep us posted if someone else were to pick up the show!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline lucidjc

Re: Monsterette's Pinball Chat Room
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2011, 12:53:41 PM »
Didnt know where else to post this. I just found out from a friend that my gottlieb spiderman pinball machine was lost in the flood of West Pittston. i moved from there 2 years ago and had no place to store it. So he took her in. I bought it from TNT and had it since 1994. I paid $1200 and put another $500 into her. She will be sadly missed,  R.I.P. my old friend    :'(

Offline bandaches

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
Didnt know where else to post this. I just found out from a friend that my gottlieb spiderman pinball machine was lost in the flood of West Pittston. i moved from there 2 years ago and had no place to store it. So he took her in. I bought it from TNT and had it since 1994. I paid $1200 and put another $500 into her. She will be sadly missed,  R.I.P. my old friend    :'(
Sorry to hear this!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »

That sucks!  Was it covered on their home owners insurance so at least you can recoup some money?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »
That sucks!  Was it covered on their home owners insurance so at least you can recoup some money?

No, he was renting and only had renters ins. not flood. Trust me my heart sank. He was working when the flood hit and was unable to go back untill a week later. He lost everything he owned. He is prolly just as upset as i am, it was in a way his baby too.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2011, 09:32:38 PM »
No, he was renting and only had renters ins. not flood. Trust me my heart sank. He was working when the flood hit and was unable to go back untill a week later. He lost everything he owned. He is prolly just as upset as i am, it was in a way his baby too.

Man, that really stinks. I would be upset but look what he lost. There is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better. These are one of those life lessons that totally suck. Even if insurance could pay for everything you still don't have your baby! Some things are tough to replace and attachment is one of those. Just as some forum members have lost their entire collection to fire and floods.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
Man, that really stinks. I would be upset but look what he lost. There is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better. These are one of those life lessons that totally suck. Even if insurance could pay for everything you still don't have your baby! Some things are tough to replace and attachment is one of those. Just as some forum members have lost their entire collection to fire and floods.

'Just as some forum members have lost their entire collection to fire and floods.' - Is that TRUE?? Wow?? that really sux!! forum members here?? I scrambled as well to make sure my collection was out of Irene's way...

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

dude,

Sorry to hear that!! really sux!! for you and your friend... :'(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2011, 08:53:04 AM »
'Just as some forum members have lost their entire collection to fire and floods.' - Is that TRUE?? Wow?? that really sux!! forum members here?? I scrambled as well to make sure my collection was out of Irene's way...

I can't remember who it was off the top but this was a few years back on the other forum. Pretty sad.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
Sad to lose personal stuff that holds memories in such a way.

A cool idea just hit me, The obvious here for this thread. A Wacky Package Pinball Machine.  :o
Being a gamer and long time Pinball lover, this is something that would be SOOO COOL THAT I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE ONE.

Topps should make one, release them to arcades, then put a special insert card in a pack of a new series for someone to win one for free. Now I'm really dreaming.  :-\

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
Sad to lose personal stuff that holds memories in such a way.

A cool idea just hit me, The obvious here for this thread. A Wacky Package Pinball Machine.  :o
Being a gamer and long time Pinball lover, this is something that would be SOOO COOL THAT I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE ONE.

Topps should make one, release them to arcades, then put a special insert card in a pack of a new series for someone to win one for free. Now I'm really dreaming.  :-\

Wow, great idea!

Just as long as they don't include a unique bonus card - I'd go nuts not being able to collect it without buying a $1000 pinball machine first!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 02:00:03 PM »
I just went to the White Rose show in York, PA. I was sadly disappointed for the most part.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Anyone going to the Allentown PA PinFest Friday?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »
It sucks that no one talks about pinball on here now. I thought I'd make a quick post:

I own one pinball machine: Gottlieb Spin Out
I absolutely despise it as it is righteously a pain in the neck to function correctly. You should expect a 40 year old machine to act this way, but me enjoying this machine will never come to fruition.

...Anyway... I'll list some of my favorite machines that I have played. I will warn that for the most part, I am partial to Williams machines. But, there are good machines in almost every company.

Sorcerer
Gorgar
Firepower
Black Knight
Space Invaders
Black Hole
Haunted House
Centaur
Flight 2000
and probably more...

I still push for a Wacky Packages pinball machine. Make it happen, Stern!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:11:24 AM by NationalSpittoon »

Online quas

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 11:25:53 AM »
My favorite remains Gulfstream from the early 1970s.
Marc

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2018, 03:54:16 PM »
One of my favorites was "Earthshaker" by Williams. 
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
My favorites include Flash by Williams, the Dolly Parton and Charlie's Angels machines and the Playboy and Kiss pinball machines. A few later machines I recall were the Funhouse and Addams Family machines.
Space Invaders drove me crazy as the gap between the flippers was so wide!
Was really impressed by a home version that had graphics of Elton John, or an Elton like character in an Alice in Wonderland backdrop on the glass backboard - it played really well too - saw it just once at a Sears. Anyone know what that machine was?
Alex

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
My favorites include Flash by Williams, the Dolly Parton and Charlie's Angels machines and the Playboy and Kiss pinball machines. A few later machines I recall were the Funhouse and Addams Family machines.
Space Invaders drove me crazy as the gap between the flippers was so wide!
Was really impressed by a home version that had graphics of Elton John, or an Elton like character in an Alice in Wonderland backdrop on the glass backboard - it played really well too - saw it just once at a Sears. Anyone know what that machine was?
Alex

Was that the Capt Fantastic machine?  If it was, I believe it said Elton John right on the back glass.

Jim

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 10:14:03 AM »
Was that the Capt Fantastic machine?  If it was, I believe it said Elton John right on the back glass.

Jim

Maybe this was it... BTW, why on the side of the machine is Captain Fantastic referred to as "The Brown Dirt Cowboy"?

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2018, 11:54:57 AM »
Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy. You missed the ampersand Rob. This was the title of a  song. Foggy brain....can't remember which album.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »
Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy. You missed the ampersand Rob. This was the title of a  song. Foggy brain....can't remember which album.
Uh....Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy was the album.   LOL!!

BTW: Elton was the Captain and Bernie Taupin was the Cowboy. Don't remember the why, though.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:30 PM »
Maybe this was it... BTW, why on the side of the machine is Captain Fantastic referred to as "The Brown Dirt Cowboy"?

(Image removed from quote.)

YES!!!! That's it!!! I was so impressed to see this at Sears!!! It played very much like a full sized machine. Forgot it said Brown Dirt Cowboys on the side - pretty up to date as it was a fairly recent album release at the time. No way my poor family could afford one lol...
A

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »

Jim

Good memory!!! I googled it afterwards and still couldn't find it...A

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2018, 02:38:12 PM »
Did anyone here actually buy one of the Brown Dirt Cowboy pinball machines back in the day?

Offline freetoes

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »
Forty years ago last Thursday...my posse and I were playing a game called "Dealer's Choice." There was an array of nine rollover buttons in the middle, with some of the covers missing. The ball would sometimes get stuck in one of these sockets and ring up 50 points every second. It would take about 20 minutes to get a free game at 63,000; usually when this happened players just got annoyed and tilted it off. But after doing some calculation, we wound up letting it run for nearly six hours, becoming the first in our locality to score over one million points on a pinball game. An early lesson in thinking long-term.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2021, 10:30:56 PM »
Has anyone played any pinball during covid? and if you have where?

Jim

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2021, 02:43:59 PM »
We have a fairly new Pinball Museum here in Roanoke, VA.  My wife and I went there back in June.  They had Covid restrictions in place where only so many people could come inside and play.  It was awesome, we got to play as many machines as we could for two hours and there were only a couple of other people there.  Here are some pictures:

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Online quas

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2022, 03:00:13 PM »
Finally attended my first Pinfest last Friday in NJ.  Awesome!  An unexpected side effect over the new few days was very sore forearms as well as an inability to grip anything very tightly.  Some of the much older machines had weak flipper action and I must have tried to make up for that by pushing harder (to no avail).  Anyway, I went with my wife and brother-in-law and we had a great time!  Definitely to be repeated!

Marc
Marc

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2022, 04:30:32 PM »
Glad to hear! Pinball has been a huge passion of mine. Back in the 90's i had a 1980 Gottlieb Spiderman. Lost it to mother nature in a flood in 2008. Took me a while and a divorce to finally have the room and money for more. In 2019, I picked up a 1979 Solar Ride. 2020, I was able to buy NIB 2016 Batman 66 and a 2018 NIB Deadpool. Best investment I ever made. Who can say they can play with their retirement money? I have since ordered a NIB 2021 Godzilla. Also, working on having a 2005 Sopranos restored to better than new. And have my fingers crossed for a Creature From The Black Lagoon in the future.
Decided to drop everything else and concentrate on my favorite 2 shhh(3) passions.

Jim

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2023, 03:35:13 PM »
I got this 1975 Bally Hi-Deal pinball machine at a garage sale this weekend. Anyone know anything about pinball machines? The back glass and top seem in good shape. The main game has some good damage and the playing field wood has damage and one plastic area). No idea if it works. I assume it's mostly good for parts. If it's not worth much in this shape I'm thinking of just keeping the back glass. Paid $100 for it. Thoughts on this from any pinball people out there?