Author Topic: Monsterette's Pinball Chat Room  (Read 24149 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Monsterette's Pinball Chat Room
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:46:07 PM »
How does this look Elizabeth? Do you like the interior of your new home? Enjoy!

Offline Monsterettes

Re: Monsterette's Pinball Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »
I'll bet I would love it, but there seems to be a hitch.  Ain't nothing showin' up.  Of course that's appropriate for my home!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »
I'll bet I would love it, but there seems to be a hitch.  Ain't nothing showin' up.  Of course that's appropriate for my home!
That's why we need to fix up your new pad. Throw your coat over on the chair and grab a hammer! It's time to do some construction  :D

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »

I was all excited thinking there was gonna be pinball tawk here...?

Oh well, check back later..
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »
I was all excited thinking there was gonna be pinball tawk here...?

Oh well, check back later..

Hey, you gotta talk to the landlord....Ms. Elizabeth some curious minds what to see some machines!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 08:35:10 PM »
Yeah! Pinball! Here's mine. Theatre of Magic. One of the most exciting pinball games ever produced. I often prowl the Pinball Hall of Fame here in Vegas thinking about which one I'll pick up next.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »
Yeah! Pinball! Here's mine. Theatre of Magic. One of the most exciting pinball games ever produced. I often prowl the Pinball Hall of Fame here in Vegas thinking about which one I'll pick up next.
That is awesome! It almost looks like you built your room just for the pinball machine...maybe you did ...LOL....OK you could have really :)
I have never heard of that machine. It looks great! I have heard the Twilight zone is the one to get and most sought after by collectors, but what do I know?

Offline wackyman

• ^ GOD is spelled wrong, should say DEVIL ^
    • World Of Wackies
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »

That is a NICE machine!  now that I have the room (almost) I'm going to be adding a few machines out in the mancave this spring/summer

I'm renovating the 2 car garage and moving both the gameroom and my office out there :)

once I get started and as I progress I will deff share all the photos :)

-Jay-

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:29:02 PM »
Anyone going to the pinball show that takes place in Allentown the same time as the next non-sport show?  Usually a group of us go on the Friday, pay the one price and play all day long.  Then do dinner and the next day is the non-sport show.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 01:36:11 AM »

Theater of Magic is an amazing table! 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 05:32:12 AM »

Hey Mark, cool tables! Maybe we could work out a trade for that Theatre of Magic. Need any wackys?!!!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 07:25:11 AM »

I played that one last summer, it's definately exciting and fun. I liked the idea of the mysterious bonuses you can achieve. I also liked a new one I think was called Midevil Times.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 02:15:54 PM »
Twilight Zone and Medieval Times are also in the all time the top ten. Great games. The original Elvira is another great game but for some reason I lose my balls fast on that one.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 02:21:10 PM »
Anyone going to the pinball show that takes place in Allentown the same time as the next non-sport show?  Usually a group of us go on the Friday, pay the one price and play all day long.  Then do dinner and the next day is the non-sport show.

If only I'd known about the Philly show and pinball show when I was still living in Jersey. Or that Dave Gross lived right down the block from me. Jersey is a Wacky hot spot. Must be the fumes.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
Twilight Zone and Medieval Times are also in the all time the top ten. Great games. The original Elvira is another great game but for some reason I lose my balls fast on that one.

These are definitely great tables - Twilight Zone is considered by many to the be the pinnacle in pinball design.  Pat Lawlor was the designer behind Twilight Zone, as well as the Adams Family pin.  John Popadiuk designed Theater of Magic, and a number of other cool tables in the 80's and 90's.  It's too bad that pinball has gone through such a decline. Times do change, but it's unfortunate.

When Visual Pinball/VpinMame, the computer pinball simulation program, and the hobby around it were first making the rounds back in the late 1990's, I followed it pretty closely.  I still try to keep up, and though nothing compares to a real table, the computer-simulated tables have allowed me to experience tables I just never run into anymore, or have never seen in-person at all.   
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 05:48:07 PM »
Jersey is a Wacky hot spot. Must be the fumes.
As George Carlin would say, "Kiss her where it smells...take her to New Jersey!"

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
As George Carlin would say, "Kiss her where it smells...take her to New Jersey!"
I've never heard that!
That's awesome. I bow down, once again, to the master.     ;D

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
I've never heard that!
That's awesome. I bow down, once again, to the master.     ;D

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
The original Elvira is another great game but for some reason I lose my balls fast on that one.
Zing!

Bum_and_Mabel

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 04:41:33 AM »
"The System"
Pinball machine from The National Lampoon 199th Birthday Book (1975)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:28:50 AM by Bum_and_Mabel »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »
They couldn't make that machine now-days !  I'm sure some oversensitive idiot would be offended  :o  >(  :P

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »
They couldn't make that machine now-days !  I'm sure some oversensitive idiot would be offended  :o  >(  :P

I'm not so sure. Pinball themes can get pretty edgy.

By the way, they still make pinball machines today. There's only one company left. Stern.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »
I'm not so sure. Pinball themes can get pretty edgy.

By the way, they still make pinball machines today. There's only one company left. Stern.

A good friend of mine told me the same thing, that Stern bought the last few out - Midway, Bally's and I think 2 more I can't remember...

I'm glad they still make new ones. There is a pretty good arcade on the Ocean City Boardwalk near where I live that gets in some pretty new machines every so often. Some of the newer one's that I've seen were Family Guy and a Harley Davidson one. I don't know when these were release exactly, but they sure seem new or at least newer.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
A little taste of "virtual" pinball fun..
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »
Though it admittedly will never be the same as playing on a real table, I've become a big fan of the two pinball "simulators" out there, VisualPinball and Future Pinball.  These things become pretty amazing when they're put into a DIY virtual pinball cabinet.  

Again, it's not ever going to be the same as the real deal, but it's pretty darned cool.  My brother (who has already built a Mame cabinet, and owns an original Gorgar table) plans to start building one of these soon.   Here are a couple videos showcasing these cabinets:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ILihnUCMc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ILihnUCMc</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_feIY65y8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_feIY65y8</a>

Those showcase digital recreations, but here's an original table built on the Future Pinball engine:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZrXuPjUnbo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZrXuPjUnbo</a>
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:04:30 PM by JasonLiebig »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »
 8) Those look pretty cool. I'd like to see it for real. On this monitor, it almost looks just like the real thing. It would be cool to see and play one in the real world. Or Real - Fake pinball??? You know what I am trying to say.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »
Very cool. I saw Funhouse scroll by in that list  ;D Hmmm. I would love to make one of those.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 12:22:08 PM »
"The System"
Pinball machine from The National Lampoon 199th Birthday Book (1975)
That is really great! I spent 5 minutes staring at that!
That is one Grand Canyon of a gap between those "promise paddles"!
And I like the dude kissing the crying baby.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 03:30:23 AM »
Why is this "Monsterettes" pinball chat?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
I assume Brad's, How does this look Elizabeth? Do you like the interior of your new home? Enjoy!, was his way of creating a Pinball Romper Room for one of her favorite hobbies, and other forum members. As a kid I spent many hours playing finger powered pinball, especially in the car on long road trips.

We may need an alien sex thread to complete our diversification. 
[expando]http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/table_of_malcontents/images/2007/06/25/alien_sex_09.jpg[/expando]

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 02:56:36 PM »
What in the ....?

Maybe she's into Playbugs too !  :-*

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 03:10:24 PM »

We may need an alien sex thread to complete our diversification. 
[expando]http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/table_of_malcontents/images/2007/06/25/alien_sex_09.jpg[/expando]
That photo is part of a whole crazy pictorial. It's done in really poor taste but it's the only one out there so ya gotta give it some credit!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 04:29:29 PM »
The actors are fabulous. Now there's a pinball theme ! Gettin' back to topic  8)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 05:28:30 PM »
The actors are fabulous. Now there's a pinball theme ! Gettin' back to topic  8)
This might be more in line with your interests . . .

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »
Wait, I thought this was one of those deals where everyone sees their own name. Does every see "Monsterettes" pinball chat? Or does it read with your own handle? I do love pinball, but I don't actually have a collection!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
Wait, I thought this was one of those deals where everyone sees their own name. Does every see "Monsterettes" pinball chat? Or does it read with your own handle? I do love pinball, but I don't actually have a collection!

I see Monsterettes...  :-\

anything