Author Topic: Postcard sets  (Read 19507 times)

Offline Monsterettes

Re: Postcard sets
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »
I do'nt see anything Elizabeth??? :^)
Yeah, I was experimenting with the expando function, but I can't figure out how it make it work!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »
Yeah, I was experimenting with the expando function, but I can't figure out how it make it work!

(Image removed from quote.)
Welcome to the club...LOL! :]
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 06:56:54 PM »
It works for me....

[expando]http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=416;image[/expando]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »
I'm experimenting with the image functions and trying to post some LE sketches, here goes!  Ok, I give up!

The Expando function only works if you pull the image from another website so you would copy the URL link such as http://www.yoursite.com and put that between the expando brackets. I don't have an upload feature that works with Expando but the add attachments works great and they will enlarge when you click on them. Best of both worlds!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
I have #10 of 13 of the Combo Halloween Sketch Card. It has the Fright Pies Guy and three bats hanging upside down. It says B-B-Bats. I can't post a scan. Sorry,  DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 07:00:47 PM »
I have #10 of 13 of the Combo Halloween Sketch Card. It has the Fright Pies Guy and three bats hanging upside down. It says B-B-Bats. I can't post a scan. Sorry,  DrDeal

DrDeal. You need to find a deal on a scanner ;D You can get them pretty cheap. I even have an extra one after swapping out my wife's.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
The Expando function only works if you pull the image from another website so you would copy the URL link such as http://www.yoursite.com and put that between the expando brackets. I don't have an upload feature that works with Expando but the add attachments works great and they will enlarge when you click on them. Best of both worlds!
Yeah, I don't have a website and the public sites where I have images posted don't seem to work. But that's cool.  I'll just use the attachments!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:07:02 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline Playskull

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »
This is the one I got.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 03:58:14 AM »
When someone uses the URL method in a post, if they later move their online storage location, I guess the image will no longer appear here?  I can see where a year from now there could be a lot of little red x's in posts where pics used to be.

I've uploaded pics directly into some posts, and I'm assuming that those are now stored here, and will be available as long as the site is up.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 06:55:42 AM »
This is the one I got.

Man oh Man, those are right up my alley! I missed out on that run completely.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 07:03:46 AM »
When someone uses the URL method in a post, if they later move their online storage location, I guess the image will no longer appear here?  I can see where a year from now there could be a lot of little red x's in posts where pics used to be.

I've uploaded pics directly into some posts, and I'm assuming that those are now stored here, and will be available as long as the site is up.
You are correct. But you could use an online picture site to store your images. Most are free such as Flickr.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »

So if you want to use the little function buttons that appear above the smileys for "Insert Image" and "Expand the Original Image", you must host your image on another site.  If you use the "Additional Options" to attach an image to your post, the image will be hosted here on the forum.  Is that correct Brad?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
So if you want to use the little function buttons that appear above the smileys for "Insert Image" and "Expand the Original Image", you must host your image on another site.  If you use the "Additional Options" to attach an image to your post, the image will be hosted here on the forum.  Is that correct Brad?

That is correct. If it's something you saw on an internet site then it would be easy just to link it with expando or the image button instead of saving it to your computer to upload.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »
That is correct. If it's something you saw on an internet site then it would be easy just to link it with expando or the image button instead of saving it to your computer to upload.
If that's the case, why was I able to expand the image that Elizabeth was unable to?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:43:13 AM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
If that's the case, why was I able to expand the image that Elizabeth was unable to.
Because it was posted to the internet :D

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »
Because it was posted to the internet :D

Isn't it the exact same file that she was unable to use the expando feature on?
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 09:52:41 AM »
Isn't it the exact same file that she was unable to use the expando feature on?

Yes, but expando only works with internet images. If you wanted to do that with all images you would need to sign up for a 3rd party picture site such a Flickr. It really doesn't matter since we have best of both worlds.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
Yes, but expando only works with internet images. If you wanted to do that with all images you would need to sign up for a 3rd party picture site such a Flickr. It really doesn't matter since we have best of both worlds.
My question remains.  Why was I able to use the expando feature on the same image that Elizabeth was unable to?
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 10:03:23 AM »
I think my Verizon account includes online storage, but it seems that if my intent is to post an image for 'Wacky archiving', uploading it here is the better option.  That way, if I change providers in the future, the images will still show up here.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
My question remains.  Why was I able to use the expando feature on the same image that Elizabeth was unable to?

because expando only works with url's and you pasted in the url for the picture.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 03:29:57 PM »
DrDeal. You need to find a deal on a scanner ;D You can get them pretty cheap. I even have an extra one after swapping out my wife's.

Yup, scanners is pretty much a must if you are really into this hobby.  I would think you could get a cheap one for less than 50 bucks or so.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »
because expando only works with url's and you pasted in the url for the picture.

Gotcha. Thanks.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Bum_and_Mabel

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 04:37:45 PM »
I think my Verizon account includes online storage, but it seems that if my intent is to post an image for 'Wacky archiving', uploading it here is the better option.  That way, if I change providers in the future, the images will still show up here.
Also, if you start a blog on Google (they are free of charge), and upload photos to the blog, your uploaded images acquire URLs you can plug into a post here. Your image/url/blog should stay put indefinitely, unless Google ceases to exist.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 06:01:24 PM »
Also, if you start a blog on Google (they are free of charge), and upload photos to the blog, your uploaded images acquire URLs you can plug into a post here. Your image/url/blog should stay put indefinitely, unless Google ceases to exist.

I heard Google is in financial trouble you may want to use http://imageshack.us/  :D
Seriously there are a bunch of online photo sites if you really want to link URL's to this forum. You really don't have to since you can upload any picture to any post. I do have the threshold set to 2MB per picture as to not slow down the forum for you modem users.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2010, 03:05:23 PM »
Hi Pat,

Thanks for digging up that list! I have a hard time keeping track of all this stuff, LOL! As far as the Halloween sketch cards, there were 4 sets of 13 (Bots, Ghostess, Bricks and Combos) and each set was numbered 1 thru 13 for a total of 52 cards.
Neil,

As I review the COA's related to Post Card sets, I realize there is really no correlation between the COA and the post cards themselves in series 4 and 5 since the post cards are not numbered and hence any set with go with any COA.  Meanwhile, sketch is numbered and ties to the COA.  Even though the COA says it is certifying the post card set, I link it to the sketch.  Just curious, why did you stop numbering the post card sets?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline dth1971

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »
Does the Topps Online Store plan a 6th. Wacky Package Postcard set for this Fall 2010 (same time Wacky Packages Old School gets released)?

anything