Author Topic: Postcard sets  (Read 19508 times)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Postcard sets
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »
Hi All,

Does anyone know the breakdown for all of the postcard sets? Did series one have sketch cards? what did series 2 and 3 come with? were there regular and limited additions with all the sets? Looking for some help.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Postcard sets
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »
Hi All,

Does anyone know the breakdown for all of the postcard sets? Did series one have sketch cards? what did series 2 and 3 come with? were there regular and limited additions with all the sets? Looking for some help.

Thanks,
Mark

All of the postcard series had sketch cards. Series one only had a total of 100 sets so they are tough! Series 2 had 200 sets and I believe series 3 had 200 or 250. I wasn't sure if it was series 3 or 4 that changed to 250 sets with sketch cards.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks,
Mark
I had Neil's post from after series 4, and I added series 5 at the end.  I also added the COA to series 4, but other than that, this is info Neil gave us Last November.  Hope this helps!

Series 1:

Limited Editon:
- 100 signed/numbered postcards (Dracky Packages,Weaky Packages & Quacky Packages)
- Envelope with Grey logo.
- 100 sketch cards based on the 3 titles.

Regular Edition:
- standard postcards (different verbiage on back/copyright on front)
- Envelope with Red logo

SERIES 2:
Limited Edition
- 250 Signed/numbered postcards (Swiss Moose, Cheatas, Mummy D)
- Envelope with Yellow logo.
- 250 sketch cards based on the 3 titles.
TS1 Bonus card - Mutty Bars.

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with Yellow logo.
TS1 Bonus card - Mutty Bars.

SERIES 3:
Limited Edition:
- 200 Signed/numbered postcards (Eerio, Bassquick, Gloomy Bears)
- Envelope with Green logo.
- 200 sketch cards based on the 3 titles
- TS2 Bonus card - Grave Nuts.

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with Green logo.
- TS3 Bonus card - Clucky Soup.

SERIES 4:
Limited Edition:
- 200 limited edition postcards (9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, Bugweiser and Molten Crisp)
- Envelope with Blue logo.
- Certificate of Authenticity, numbered to match sketch
- 200 sketch cards based on 9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, 7 pup, Molten Crisp, and Hoppy Meal.
- 200 sets of 5 bio cards
- TS4 Bonus card - Hoppy Meal.

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with Blue logo.
- TS5 Bonus card - 7 pup.

HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS/TRADING CARDS:
- Halloween postcard -Philly Show Edition: (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess)
says "Tricky Treat" on back

- Halloween postcard - regular release: (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess) says "Tricked Out" in orange burst on back

- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 postcard sets (Bots, Bricks & Ghostess).

- Halloween sketchcards - based on Bots, Bricks & Ghostess.

PROMO CARDS:
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo card - with "Coming Winter 2010"
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo card - with "Coming February 2010"
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo sticker - with "Coming February 2010" on front (white back)

SERIES 5:
Limited Edition:
- 250 limited edition postcards (Wander, Stench Berries, Klepto, Tombs, and Taco Bill)
- Certificate of Authenticity, numbered to match sketch
- Envelope with Orange logo.
- 250 sketch cards based on Wander, Stench Berries, Gaggin’ Strips, Tombs, Klepto, and Speed Lick .
- 250 sets of 6 bio cards
- TS6 Bonus card – Gaggin' Strips.

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with Orange logo.
- TS7 Bonus card – Speed Lick.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:23:14 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:19:56 AM »
That is excellent!!!!  I gave you a thanks for that!!! now the fun part tracking them down I guess this means I'm looking for series 1 limited set postcards and sketch

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:22:07 AM »
I had Neil's post from after series 4, and I added series 5 at the end.  I also added the COA to series 4, but other than that, this is info Neil gave us Last November.  Hope this helps!

That's a great list. I thought series 2 only had 200 and then they went to 250 for series 3 & 4. Interesting. I wonder why it went to 250 and then down to 200 for 3 & 4 and then to 250 for series 5?
As you can see how limited series 1 is they are really hard to find. I have 3 series one sets - one with each sketch. One I got on release day and the other 2 I had to pay a bit for. Maybe if the right offer comes my way I would part with a series 1 set with sketch.

Also note that the Halloween postcard with Tricky Treat and the Croka - Winter cards are very rare and tough to find. I still haven't found the Tricky Treat Halloween card.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:24:35 AM by BumChex »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 07:52:08 AM »
That's a great list. I thought series 2 only had 200 and then they went to 250 for series 3 & 4. Interesting. I wonder why it went to 250 and then down to 200 for 3 & 4 and then to 250 for series 5?
As you can see how limited series 1 is they are really hard to find. I have 3 series one sets - one with each sketch. One I got on release day and the other 2 I had to pay a bit for. Maybe if the right offer comes my way I would part with a series 1 set with sketch.

Also note that the Halloween postcard with Tricky Treat and the Croka - Winter cards are very rare and tough to find. I still haven't found the Tricky Treat Halloween card.
Nuts, I should have added the latest Croca-Cola promo sticker!!  I've gone back and edited.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:57:00 AM by RawGoo »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »
Nuts, I should have added the latest Croca-Cola promo sticker!!  I've gone back and edited.
TS6 is Gaggin Strips  ;D
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
TS6 is Gaggin Strips  ;D
Thanks!  How the heck did I mess that up?  All better now.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 11:30:12 PM »
That is excellent!!!!  I gave you a thanks for that!!! now the fun part tracking them down I guess this means I'm looking for series 1 limited set postcards and sketch
I have attempted to break this list down into a catalogue with quantities.  I need folks to help me adjust the quantities and mention accepted Combo sketchs.  I wish there was a good way to paste tables as I work in spreadsheets but here goes a pdf version of it:

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 12:26:05 AM »
I have attempted to break this list down into a catalogue with quantities.  I need folks to help me adjust the quantities and mention accepted Combo sketchs.  I wish there was a good way to paste tables as I work in spreadsheets but here goes a pdf version of it:

Nice spreadsheet!  Here are a few comments:

With Series 4, I think it should be 40 each of Rex Mix, Molten Crisp, Dead & Buried, and 7-Pup.  Smokin' Joe did a total of 40 sketches, split between 9 to Life, Hoppy Meal, and combos.  I don't remember if exact quantities were specified, but I think there were just a handful of combos. 

With Series 5, you left out the 50 Speed Lick sketches.  And Smokin' Joe did a total sketches of 50 this time, split between Gaggin', Stench Berries, and combos, so there are not 50 each of Gaggin' and Stench. 

The February 2010 promo with the writing on the front is actually a sticker, not just a card.

The Halloween sketch cards were an awesome surprise!  My recollection is that Neil did 13 each of Bots, Ghostess and Bricks, each numbered 1-13, along with the title.  For example, mine says "13 of 13", with "Bots" under that.  Then I believe he did an additional 13 sketches, but I don't know the distribution across the titles, or how they were numbered on the backs.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:03:31 AM by RawGoo »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 03:18:42 AM »

The Halloween sketch cards were an awesome surprise!  My recollection is that Neil did 13 each of Bots, Ghostess and Bricks, each numbered 1-13, along with the title.  For example, mine says "13 of 13", with "Bots" under that.  Then I believe he did an additional 13 sketches, but I don't know the distribution across the titles, or how they were numbered on the backs.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for digging up that list! I have a hard time keeping track of all this stuff, LOL! As far as the Halloween sketch cards, there were 4 sets of 13 (Bots, Ghostess, Bricks and Combos) and each set was numbered 1 thru 13 for a total of 52 cards.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:20:45 AM »
Hi Pat,

Thanks for digging up that list! I have a hard time keeping track of all this stuff, LOL! As far as the Halloween sketch cards, there were 4 sets of 13 (Bots, Ghostess, Bricks and Combos) and each set was numbered 1 thru 13 for a total of 52 cards.
You posted scans of the first 39 Halloween sketches, but I don't think you did for the last 13.  Did you perhaps scan those before mailing them out?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 03:27:52 AM »
Pat,

Here's one of 'em! I'll have to go through my files and see if I can find scans of the rest.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 09:03:02 AM »
Pat,

Here's one of 'em! I'll have to go through my files and see if I can find scans of the rest.
Very nice Neil! :o
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 09:35:52 AM »
Pat,

Wow, that's a triple!!  Very cool!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 09:45:18 AM »
Pat,

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 09:48:10 AM »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »
These are the scans that Neil posted but there are only 39. I don't remember the others being posted.

Taz

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 09:54:02 AM »
Show off! LOL!!! :]

I know, isn't he? LOL
I bet he's listening to Strut by Sheena Easton as he posts...J/K Brad!! ;D

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »
I know, isn't he? LOL
Oh you're bad! LOL!!! :D

Taz

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 09:59:28 AM »
Oh you're bad! LOL!!! :D
As I've always said, I'm just a devil!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
I know, isn't he? LOL

Your right, this stuff needs to be shown off. Actually listening to the album by the band called WET. Check it out!

Taz

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
Your right, this stuff needs to be shown off. Actually listening to the album by the band called WET. Check it out!

Great, I'll check them out, Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 10:08:22 AM »
Great, I'll check them out, Thanks for the suggestion.

I just posted their video in the music section.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 10:09:47 AM »
I was just kidding Brad! :-[

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »

Good job Ernie, I think Pat covered most of the comments I have but this is what I have for the series 4 & 5 sketch breakdowns, and the Smokin Joe #'s are estimated……………..

Dead & Buried -  40
Rex Mix -  40
7-Pup -  40
Molten Crisp -  40
9 to Life -  25 (+/-)
Hoppy Meal -  10 (+/-)
9 to Life/Hoppy Combo -  5 (+/-)

Tombs -  50
Wander -  50
Speed Lick -  50
Klepto -  50
Stench Berries -  20 (+/-)
Gaggin Strips -  20 (+/-)
Gaggin /Stench Combo -  10 (+/-)

I would also add the "non-titled" Halloween sketch card.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »

Yep, those are the 39 sketches that I saved scans of when Neil posted them - 13 each of Ghostess, Bricks, and Bots.  We never really saw the extras he did after the 39 were gone, hopefully he'll find scans, or people here who got one of the later ones can post the sketch with the number.

There are several in the original 39 that are combos (to me, at least), despite being in a specific group, like the Ghostess guy being scared of a Bot, or of the Bricks dentist.  From the deliberate combo example Neil just posted, I'm now really interested in seeing what else he came up with for that category!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »
That "tricky treat" variation of the Halloween postcard is incredibly tough.  You would think more would surface from time to time, but they don't.  I believe there has only ever been one on eBay.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2010, 11:17:16 AM »
Good job Ernie, I think Pat covered most of the comments I have but this is what I have for the series 4 & 5 sketch breakdowns, and the Smokin Joe #'s are estimated……………..

Dead & Buried -  40
Rex Mix -  40
7-Pup -  40
Molten Crisp -  40
9 to Life -  25 (+/-)
Hoppy Meal -  10 (+/-)
9 to Life/Hoppy Combo -  5 (+/-)

Tombs -  50
Wander -  50
Speed Lick -  50
Klepto -  50
Stench Berries -  20 (+/-)
Gaggin Strips -  20 (+/-)
Gaggin /Stench Combo -  10 (+/-)

I would also add the "non-titled" Halloween sketch card.

Don't know whether anyone wants to break the Wanders down, but I think Neil said there were about 10 of those done in color.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »
I'm experimenting with the image functions and trying to post some LE sketches, here goes!  Ok, I give up!  Ok, now I really, really give up   [expando]http://www.librarything.com/pic/97535[/expando]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:03:07 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:40 PM »
I'm experimenting with the image functions and trying to post some LE sketches, here goes!

[expando]http://www.librarything.com/pic/97535[/expando]
I do'nt see anything Elizabeth??? :^)

anything