Author Topic: Heads up on Limited WP Pixar Car  (Read 6067 times)

Offline DrDeal

Heads up on Limited WP Pixar Car
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
A quick heads up on a WP item that may interest a few of you. A 1/64th Scale Pixar Cars Lightning Mcqueen Chimps Ahoy car. This car is limited to 25 made and was not produced by Mattel. It was done by a customizer to promote an upcoming Diecast Convention that will be held in Nashville in a few weeks. These cars are only sold online at:   www.diecastspace.com     They are pricey at $49.99 but I am going to get one as I like Diecast and WP's and they don't intersect often. I have no affiliation with the site selling these and am providing this info in case some WP fans want one. I don't think Topps has any knowledge of these cars.

Regards,  DrDeal
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:29:12 PM by DrDeal »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Heads up on Limited WP Pixar Car
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
A quick heads up on a WP item that may interest a few of you. A 1/64th Scale Pixar Cars Lightning Mcqueen Chimps Ahoy car. This car is limited to 25 made and was not produced by Mattel. It was done by a customizer to promote an upcoming Diecast Convention that will be held in Nashville in a few weeks. These cars are only sold online at:   diecastspace.com/store.     They are pricey at $49.99 plus shipping but I think I am going to get one as I like Diecast and WP's and they don't intersect often. I have no affiliation with the site selling these and am providing this info in case some WP fans want one.

Regards,  DrDeal
link works when the store is removed, then click on store drop down.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:23:35 PM by bandaches »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »
Thanks,  I fixed the link.  There were 21 of 25 left when I just went to buy one and now there are 18 so some people like these. I know there are a ton of Pixar collectors. Hopefully the packaging will be sweet on these.

DrDeal

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »
Thanks,  I fixed the link.  There were 21 of 25 left when I just went to buy one and now there are 18 so some people like these. I know there are a ton of Pixar collectors. Hopefully the packaging will be sweet on these.

DrDeal

Thx Dr. Deal - like these as well...as least its free shipping...Nice Car!! Love the movie too...my son is CAR CRAZY!!!as am I!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Nightstalker is the customizer who did these. He is known for doing nice work and his cars usually are somewhat sought after. The main thing for me with this one was not having to bid on it on the bay. When you get Pixar and WP people both interested in something it can get out of hand.

DrDeal

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »

DrDeal

The link works, but I can't find anything related to this car on the website.  If you click on the "store" tab, it tells you that you have to sign up to view it.  Any help?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
The link works, but I can't find anything related to this car on the website.  If you click on the "store" tab, it tells you that you have to sign up to view it.  Any help?

I'm not a member (at least that's what I always claim), but when I go to the "store", I can see the link for the car - I just have to scroll down a little.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 03:04:20 AM »

I would try again. There are 13 left as of today. They were first listed on the site yesterday.

Regards,  DrDeal

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 04:08:08 AM »
I would try again. There are 13 left as of today. They were first listed on the site yesterday.

Regards,  DrDeal

Thanks for the heads up - I have a bunch of 1:64 diecast cars on display, and this one will fit in perfectly!  I miss some of the special sets Johnny Lightning used to do of TV and movie vehicles, but a cartoon movie car with a Wacky Package theme is just awesome!!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 01:42:45 PM »

I find when you click the store tab that it is painfully slow to load so possibly you got a sign in screen due to it being a slow load?  I sometimes find I have to hit the store tab multiple times.  I see only 4 left.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »
I pretty much scope out this site a few times a day. In Feb I purchased a 1 of 20 Yellow Hot Wheels 67 Camaro for $39.99 done by the same customizer that did this one (Nightstalker) I have yet to see one of those pop up on Ebay. He does nice work.

Regards,  DrDeal
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:51:31 AM by DrDeal »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 04:34:32 AM »
Once these sell out the item will be removed from the store page so check it out now if you want to see a pic of the car. This type of car typically sells out in a day and they first showed up yesterday so I am glad I got one. I pretty much scope out this site a few times a day. In Feb I purchased a 1 of 20 Yellow Hot Wheels 67 Camaro for $39.99 done by the same customizer that did this one (Nightstalker) I have yet to see one of those pop up on Ebay. He does nice work. 3 left as of tonight.

Regards,  DrDeal

This morning the ad says 1 of 20, but I thought it said 25 when I looked yesterday.  Still 3 left.  Here are the pics:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
This morning the ad says 1 of 20, but I thought it said 25 when I looked yesterday.  Still 3 left.  Here are the pics:

It looks like they decided to do only 20 and that must have been part of the reduction from 21 down to 3 that we saw in the last two days.

DrDeal
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:14:33 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Playskull

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
This car is pretty cool, but it would be more tempting for me if it had the Wacky Packages logo on it. 
(Plus, I need to save my money for the next postcards release).

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 02:55:12 AM »
The store that sells these has been closed for maintenence for three days. It will be interesting to see if there are still three of these left when it re-opens.

DrDeal

Offline bandaches

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »
The store that sells these has been closed for maintenence for three days. It will be interesting to see if there are still three of these left when it re-opens.

DrDeal
I guess they are gone as I don't see it listed in the store any more. 

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
This car is pretty cool, but it would be more tempting for me if it had the Wacky Packages logo on it. 

You should be commuting to work in this!

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/WackyCar1973.png[/expando]

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 02:23:50 PM »
I guess they are gone as I don't see it listed in the store any more. 

The store is still closed but I did find one being sold individually by the same seller on

www.thetoypeddler.com        That is a good site for diecast but you have to pay $5.00

per year to be able to buy cars on the site.  They are charging $44.95 plus $5.95 shipping so about what we paid.

DrDeal

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
The car is really cool!  And, it has lenticular "eyes" in the windshield.  The packaging is marked 1/25.

What a Wacky week!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 10:57:31 PM »
Got mine as well. Lookin good. What color hubs did you get? Mine has red but some have blue.

DrDeal

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 04:22:55 AM »
Got mine as well. Lookin good. What color hubs did you get? Mine has red but some have blue.

DrDeal

I got red hubs as well.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 07:40:22 AM »
I received two of these because of an ordering error on my part. Both have red hubs. Anyone interested in trading a limited edition Postcard 7 set pack for my extra car? I missed out on those.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)