Author Topic: OLD SCHOOL 2 POSTER/SKETCH SETS!  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
OLD SCHOOL 2 POSTER/SKETCH SETS!
« on: June 03, 2011, 05:15:51 PM »

I starting working on the series 2 sets recently and I have 5 sets ready to go. 

Same deal as series 1, but just in case you didn't see the series 1 thread, here is a summary............I bought a batch of Old School series 2 sketch posters from Topps, and I take them and add a sticker backing to the poster sheet prior to cutting them up, to make them look and feel like trading cards.  Just as a comparison they end up being slightly heavier than a typical tan-backed Wacky, but not as heavy as a white-backed one.  Without the added backing they feel way too flimsy because the poster stock is too light, but once I add the backings they really come out like regular trading cards and they look great!

All of the titles included on the poster will be included in this set, so 84 cards total, 33 in 4/C and 51 B&W's.  The only other thing I want to mention, is that the image area from title-to-title don't line up perfectly because these are poster sheets not designed to be cut-up into cards, so when I make straight cuts through the rows there are some slight variances with some of the card sizes, and it can't be avoided.  The variances are very slight, like maybe 1/32" at the most, but when you put the cards into a full neat stack they aren't perfect like you would find with a stack of ANS7 cards for example.  When you put them into a binder book they look great and you won't notice the variances.  Also, the backs are white, but even though I apply a sticker backing to them these are not designed to be peelable stickers.  They are permanent cards.   

I will be selling these sets for $75.00 to forum members including postage.  If you want a set please PM and I'll give you my paypal info, and I'll just go in order of the payments, but don't worry if you don't get 1 of the first 5 sets, because I'll do at least 10 more sets.  I'll post the pics in the next post because there are a bunch of them!

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: OLD SCHOOL 2 POSTER/SKETCH SETS!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:18:46 PM »

And here are the pics.  I separated my set by artist and it's pretty neat seeing the various styles of the artists once they are in groups.................

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
Very nice,  I really like this set!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Very nice,  I really like this set!

One thing you will notice with this set is how nice the Bill Griffith colored ones are.  He really did an awesome job with them.  Very nice and clean with a nice choice in colors. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:50:07 PM »
One thing you will notice with this set is how nice the Bill Griffith colored ones are.  He really did an awesome job with them.  Very nice and clean with a nice choice in colors. 

I know as I have had 2 Griffith color sketches including the worm showed. The worm in person looks 100 times better in person than the sketch. He uses fluorescent colors that doesn't show up in the scans. You have to see them to understand the beauty.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 07:51:37 AM »

I have 5 more sets ready to go that I am listing on ebay now.  If anyone here wanted a set but didn't get one yet please let me know, because I don't think I will do any more series 2 sets.  It's a lot of work!

anything