Author Topic: Wacky Packages - Appearances in TV, Movies and Media  (Read 10055 times)

Re: Wacky Packages - Appearances in TV, Movies and Media
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 08:45:42 AM »
Not sure if this was ever mentioned, but while channel surfing, I happened to catch a little
of that Nickelodeon show "Victorious" (no, I wasn't watching it, although there are a lot
of shows on there that are pretty cool). 

Inside the character's locker were several wackies, a little oversized, too.  I think Blunder
Bread was one of them.  It happened so quickly, I didn't keep track.
yep. I snapped this off the TV a couple years back to ask LTL if they were their wall stickers that were being used. never heard anything.
it was odd that they had the flashback electric green and hot pink borders on a couple.

probably good to post that pic in this thread though.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 12:56:09 PM »
Thought this was the best place to post this. While perusing the news online, came across this. Looks like a new book about things from the 70s and 80s called "Whatever Happened to Pudding Pops?". Take a trip thru the slideshow and enjoy!

http://slideshow.nbcnews.com/slideshow/today/whatever-happened-to-pudding-pops-43170212/

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
Thought this was the best place to post this. While perusing the news online, came across this. Looks like a new book about things from the 70s and 80s called "Whatever Happened to Pudding Pops?". Take a trip thru the slideshow and enjoy!

http://slideshow.nbcnews.com/slideshow/today/whatever-happened-to-pudding-pops-43170212/

WOW!! Talk about your "trip down memory lane". Thanks for posting Tom.

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2018, 07:40:21 AM »
not quite a Wacky in the media, but close enough. In a recent episode of the new Flash, (The Elongated Knight Rises 1/23/18), they mentioned how the Trickster and Prank were responsible for a series of attacks across Central City, including the destruction of the Gadzooka Bubblegum Company. Along with a photo of the newspaper article. I did a screen grab, so it's somewhat fuzzy, but the mention is in the first paragraph.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »
It's a nice book, that I either consulted on or contributed some materials to (it's been a few years).  But the folks who put it together are good ones who I've had many years of happy (and nostalgic) back and forths with as we have each researched things in this realm.    :great:

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2018, 11:53:51 AM »
Noticed this as well.  Thought it was great. 

not quite a Wacky in the media, but close enough. In a recent episode of the new Flash, (The Elongated Knight Rises 1/23/18), they mentioned how the Trickster and Prank were responsible for a series of attacks across Central City, including the destruction of the Gadzooka Bubblegum Company. Along with a photo of the newspaper article. I did a screen grab, so it's somewhat fuzzy, but the mention is in the first paragraph.

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all.

Online mikecho

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I sure saw a whole mess of candidates for Old School Wackys in this slideshow!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking for a WP 2018 Chad Scheres auto card
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2018, 07:18:22 AM »
It occurs to me this may be a whole new category to research. Can anyone think of any more instances where a spokesperson for a real product eventually became a potential spokesperson for the Wacky Package version?

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 06:06:06 AM »

Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking for a WP 2018 Chad Scheres auto card
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »
Jan Brady's Door!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQWIRRad-Ww" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQWIRRad-Ww</a>

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2018, 04:28:32 PM »
Awesome ....... Marcia Marcia Marcia!!!

#StayWacky

anything