Author Topic: Just To Confirm: Wacky Packages Old School 2 Isn't SOLD-OUT, Is It?  (Read 10738 times)

Offline chickenfat2010

Based on what David Gross said about a week ago (to paraphrase: "Topps is staggering the release of Old School 2 to make it last longer so they offer up boxes at 500 to 1000 at a time at their online store website and they have approximately 2500 boxes left") as well as what at least one forum members guesstimation last week was (to paraphrase: "the series probably will sell out sometime in early to mid July").......................it is fair to say that Old School 2 has not sold out although www.toppsonlinestore.com is saying that they are OUT OF STOCK, correct??!!

Somebody please clarify this for me if possible!

Thanks, Chicken Fat

Offline Gen 4

• ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
  • ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
I don't know what is true except that they do say "Out of Stock"...at least they do for now.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I bet they restock the site tomorrow. This would be way too soon for this to sell out. It's possible but highly doubtful.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
If it did sell out- it bodes well for OLDS 3 to get a release :great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
If it did sell out- it bodes well for OLDS 3 to get a release :great:

Pre-orders taken next week and due to be released in Nov. ;D

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
I don't know what is true except that they do say "Out of Stock"...at least they do for now.

Interesting. Let the waiting resume! Waiting for the restock is almost as much fun as the waiting for the release!  ;D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
I bet they restock the site tomorrow.
yep.
 no longer 'out of stock'

Offline chickenfat2010

yep.
 no longer 'out of stock'
It still says OUT OF STOCK on my computer

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I just called Topps and they don't believe they are out. He said to keep checking back. He said they are just a satellite office and dont have access to inventory.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
It still says OUT OF STOCK on my computer
well, for a brief time this morning it wasn't, but I see those big cap red letters now.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Re: Just To Confirm: Wacky Packages Old School 2 Isn't SOLD-OUT, Is It?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
It's not sold out. The packer was housing around half the order because of space issues and they should have the second shipment anytime now. They probably should have had the packer truck them a bit earlier to avoid any Out of Stock moments but stuff happens. They did not want to add those to the site until they were in hand because some people want overnight mailing. Last I heard they had sold around 60% which would mean they are getting close to the original run of 3650 sold which would be about two months faster than series 1 sold out. I was told they haven't even mailed out the info on the series to their large all around mailing list yet as they were saving that for when the second shipment came in. So all around pretty good news. I was told series 3 is fine to start and I will be discussing everything about it next week with them.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »
I was told series 3 is fine to start and I will be discussing everything about it next week with them.

Nice!
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »
It's not sold out. The packer was housing around half the order because of space issues and they should have the second shipment anytime now. They probably should have had the packer truck them a bit earlier to avoid any Out of Stock moments but stuff happens. They did not want to add those to the site until they were in hand because some people want overnight mailing. Last I heard they had sold around 60% which would mean they are getting close to the original run of 3650 sold which would be about two months faster than series 1 sold out. I was told they haven't even mailed out the info on the series to their large all around mailing list yet as they were saving that for when the second shipment came in. So all around pretty good news. I was told series 3 is fine to start and I will be discussing everything about it next week with them.

That is really great news Dave. I am glad that this awesome series you've masterminded is working out for you so well. Glad to hear the Old School is to keep on truckin'. Any new news on the posters, poster deal for the preorder people?

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »
Pre-orders taken next week and due to be released in Nov. ;D

Aaaaah! These wacky packs are driving me wacky! I can't get caught up on one and they are already releasing more! So now we have defs new releases July and Nov of this year!!!! Supercool though :)
KIM :)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »
Aaaaah! These wacky packs are driving me wacky! I can't get caught up on one and they are already releasing more! So now we have defs new releases July and Nov of this year!!!! Supercool though :)

I think Brad was kidding.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »

Yes but we do have a postcard series and ANS8 in the near future.  I wonder if the back 1/2 of 2011 will be quiet.  There could be another Halloween postcard series though!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Gen 4

• ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
  • ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 01:25:43 PM »

What are you talking about?? I just got an e-mail yesterday from what I thought was Topps with a link to send money for OS3 pre-orders and I bought 10 boxes.

…NOT!!  ;D ;D

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
Yes but we do have a postcard series and ANS8 in the near future.  I wonder if the back 1/2 of 2011 will be quiet.  There could be another Halloween postcard series though!

I think there are three things planned for the back end of 2011 (not including ANS8 and postcards)(subject to change of course).

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 01:30:57 PM »
It was a joke.  :P

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »

What are you talking about?? I just got an e-mail yesterday from what I thought was Topps with a link to send money for OS3 pre-orders and I bought 10 boxes.

Send the link ....

Yeah, O.K. Check's in the mail ! :great:

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 05:37:29 AM »
I think there are three things planned for the back end of 2011 (not including ANS8 and postcards)(subject to change of course).

I also forgot about the series 2 erasers. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 04:09:44 AM »

I can certainly understand Topps wanting to have the boxes in hand before adding them to the site, especially after what happened with the lost shipment of Series 6 postcard sets.  But, this is going on a week - maybe they should have a "Temporarily Out of Stock" note, so potential customers don't just give up.

Very glad to hear Old School 3 is a "Go" - looking forward to more great Wackys!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 07:40:13 AM »
I can certainly understand Topps wanting to have the boxes in hand before adding them to the site, especially after what happened with the lost shipment of Series 6 postcard sets.  But, this is going on a week - maybe they should have a "Temporarily Out of Stock" note, so potential customers don't just give up.

Very glad to hear Old School 3 is a "Go" - looking forward to more great Wackys!!

I know. It's driving me crazy.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
I know. It's driving me crazy.

Me too! I wrote them a note this morning that that should be changed. I have no idea why they are leaving that up. Put Temporarily  on it and maybe an estimated arrival date or something to drive people back to the page when you expect them in. It's mind boggling.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
Me too! I wrote them a note this morning that that should be changed. I have no idea why they are leaving that up. Put Temporarily  on it and maybe an estimated arrival date or something to drive people back to the page when you expect them in. It's mind boggling.
Do you have any idea how many boxes are left. I'm hearing numbers like half and 1500. I think you said they sold 60% so I don't really know how many is left.
2000 sounds about right. 1000 for the pre-sale and 2000 in the first batch.

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
Me too! I wrote them a note this morning that that should be changed. I have no idea why they are leaving that up. Put Temporarily  on it and maybe an estimated arrival date or something to drive people back to the page when you expect them in. It's mind boggling.
If you look on the actual Old School 2 page itself (not just the overall Wacky Packages page) it says Back in stock May 21st in red letters

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »
If you look on the actual Old School 2 page itself (not just the overall Wacky Packages page) it says Back in stock May 21st in red letters

OK, that part is smart but it should be on that first page as well. I wouldn't have even thought to click that after seeing the Out of Stock on page one.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »
How about  " Out Of Stock"  and  " Sold Out "

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »
Just checked and back in stock. Just ordered another case to arrive tomorrow. Cool!

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »
Just checked and back in stock. Just ordered another case to arrive tomorrow. Cool!
According to the site there are somewhere between 750 and 849 boxes now available for purchase (I got tired of narrowing it down!). Dave had mentioned that Topps is making the boxes available in increments so I am not sure if these are the last boxes - or they have 2000 total boxes left or what. It will be interesting to see what happens when Topps sends out their BIG email blast....how long will it take to sell out the rest of the boxes and therefore the series? Twelve hours? Two months? Time will tell as it does with all things!

(Dom Deluise is) Fatso

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 04:05:56 PM »
According to the site there are somewhere between 750 and 849 boxes now available for purchase (I got tired of narrowing it down!). Dave had mentioned that Topps is making the boxes available in increments so I am not sure if these are the last boxes - or they have 2000 total boxes left or what. It will be interesting to see what happens when Topps sends out their BIG email blast....how long will it take to sell out the rest of the boxes and therefore the series? Twelve hours? Two months? Time will tell as it does with all things!

(Dom Deluise is) Fatso

From what I hear they have sold close to the amount of the full run of OLDS1 so that would be around 1500-2000 left I guess. About a month ahead of what OLDS1 did. I'm sure they are fine with the remaining stock moving more slowly so the store is still stocked for awhile.

I had a phone "meeting" today concerning OLDS3. Got lots of kick-butt stuff planned and also addressed some of the things that were brought up on the forum. We can work some of that in and still maintain the integrity of what Old School is about. I doubt there will be a box increase or price increase next time and there will be a pre-sale again (I already have a good solution to the problem from last time).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:08:32 PM by slamjim »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
From what I hear they have sold close to the amount of the full run of OLDS1 so that would be around 1500-2000 left I guess. About a month ahead of what OLDS1 did. I'm sure they are fine with the remaining stock moving more slowly so the store is still stocked for awhile.

I had a phone "meeting" today concerning OLDS3. Got lots of kick-butt stuff planned and also addressed some of the things that were brought up on the forum. We can work some of that in and still maintain the integrity of what Old School is about. I doubt there will be a box increase or price increase next time and there will be a pre-sale again (I already have a good solution to the problem from last time).

Great to hear, especially regarding the pre-sale. Keep up the good work with making this series so fun!

anything