Author Topic: OLDS2 Special Forum BLOWOUT SALE!  (Read 13413 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
OLDS2 Special Forum BLOWOUT SALE!
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:59:31 AM »
Hello Everyone.
I am offering a set of 9 5X7's and a set of the 6 concept cards for only $10 + $4 shipping :o. I only have 20 of these combo's and they are for forum members only so act fast.
You can paypal me at bradkaufman@mac.com. Just make sure to PM me when you do with your address.
Each set of 5X7's will be inside a blue envelope. You will also get the 2 promo's with each order.
I also will combine shipping if you need more then one combo.
Thanks
Brad
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:01:21 AM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: OLDS2 Special Forum BLOWOUT SALE!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
17 combo sets left. If you order 3 or more I will have to ship Priority so the cost would be $6 for shipping. No limit to how many you order so don't be shy to take them all ;D

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »
Hello Everyone.
I am offering a set of 9 5X7's and a set of the 6 concept cards for only $10 + $4 shipping :o. I only have 20 of these combo's and they are for forum members only so act fast.
You can paypal me at bradkaufman@mac.com. Just make sure to PM me when you do with your address.
Each set of 5X7's will be inside a blue envelope. You will also get the 2 promo's with each order.
Thanks
Brad

PM sent

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »

Hello Everyone.
Thanks
Brad

PM sent

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
Thanks for the orders. The sale is now done until I can figure out if I have more sets available. I should know tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
I have only 4 sets of 5X7's left. I'm out of the concept cards until I get my 2 cases this week. I will take orders for 7 more sets but you will have to wait until I get my 2 cases this week for shipping. First come first served.
Thanks everyone!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
I have only 4 sets of 5X7's left. I'm out of the concept cards until I get my 2 cases this week. I will take orders for 7 more sets but you will have to wait until I get my 2 cases this week for shipping. First come first served.
Thanks everyone!
I will take a set
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:06 AM »
Thanks everyone!

How many boxes in a case?  I didn't see cases listed on the website.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »
How many boxes in a case?  I didn't see cases listed on the website.

24 to a case.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 05:44:57 AM »
I've got about 3 more sets left.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 09:22:07 AM »
I've got a total of 8 sets available. I have 3 earmarked for forum members already so 5 are left on a first come basis.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
New deal!
3 - full boxes with 24 unopened packs and the poster (no sealed envelopes in boxes)
1 - 5X7 Set of 9 cards
1 - Set of Concept cards (6 total)
1 - Blue envelope
2 - Poster insterts (one of each)
2- Promo cards (one of each)
1 - Jay Lynch sketch (randomly inserted by computers of course)
1- Medium Flat rate priority mail box
1- packaging

All for $36 + 11 flat rate priority mail!
I'm only going to offer 5 of these so act quick! You can paypal me a gift at bradkaufman@mac.com and send me your address.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 10:02:32 AM »
New deal!
3 - full boxes with 24 unopened packs and the poster (no sealed envelopes in boxes)
1 - 5X7 Set of 9 cards
1 - Blue envelope
1- packaging

I'm only going to offer 5 of these so act quick! You can paypal me a gift at bradkaufman@mac.com and send me your address.

You mention two poster inserts, one of each. What other poster is there beside the artist caricature poster?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »
You mention two poster inserts, one of each. What other poster is there beside the artist caricature poster?

As far as I know there was one 17" x 11" poster and then two little sell sheets showing the sketch poster and uncut sheet.  
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
It's the sell sheets.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
It's the sell sheets.
Do you still have a lot of unopened packs? You might take a few boxes to local comic stores and sell them wholesale so they can sell at retail. It would help get the series into kids hands.

Inserted by BumChex:
The OLDS were never meant for kids, besides the local card store is runned by a couple of waistoids. They won't negotiate anything. I ask to make a deal and they say 'if you buy the collectors buyers card' you can get a 10% discount. I asked them for a deal fog their Walter Payton rookie and I got the same response. The card is still there after at least 2 years.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:56:39 PM by Plan 9 »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 03:32:12 AM »
Do you still have a lot of unopened packs? You might take a few boxes to local comic stores and sell them wholesale so they can sell at retail. It would help get the series into kids hands.

The OLDS were never meant for kids, besides the local card store is runned by a couple of waistoids. They won't negotiate anything. I ask to make a deal and they say 'if you buy the collectors buyers card' you can get a 10% discount. I asked them for a deal fog their Walter Payton rookie and I got the same response. The card is still there after at least 2 years.

This post is confusing the heck out of me.......

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
This post is confusing the heck out of me.......
That's because somehow Brad responded inside my post instead of creating a separate post. Notice at the bottom it says updated by Bum Chex. How the fuck did that happen?
Okay, now I'VE updated it.

Brad, why would you make such a bizarro comment that Old School was never meant for kids? Dave had every intention of making them available to kids when he created the series. But try this. Show them to any normal adult on the street and say these are adult stickers not meant for kids and see how they look at you. The only reason they were not made available to retailers is because Topps thought the series was to niche. By producing a smaller series the cost went up so they had to sell them at retail price to be able to make a profit, thus eliminating all retailers. They obviously have child appeal. They just aren't easy for a child to find because they're a Topps website exclusive. Just take them down to the store and quote them a fair wholesale price. They are in the business of buying wholesale and selling retail. Just give them a wholesale price of .50¢ a pack to help promote the series to the kids. They're just wasted sitting in your closet. Think how cool it would be if you were a kid and found Wacky Packs Old School in that big yellow box at your local comic shop!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:56:59 PM by Plan 9 »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »
That's because somehow Brad responded inside my post instead of creating a separate post. Notice at the bottom it says updated by Bum Chex. How the fuck did that happen?
Okay, now I'VE updated it.

Brad, why would you make such a bizarro comment that Old School was never meant for kids? Dave had every intention of making them available to kids when he created the series. But try this. Show them to any normal adult on the street and say these are adult stickers not meant for kids and see how they look at you. The only reason they were not made available to retailers is because Topps thought the series was to niche. By producing a smaller series the cost went up so they had to sell them at retail price to be able to make a profit, thus eliminating all retailers. They obviously have child appeal. They just aren't easy for a child to find because they're a Topps website exclusive. Just take them down to the store and quote them a fair wholesale price. They are in the business of buying wholesale and selling retail. Just give them a wholesale price of .50¢ a pack to help promote the series to the kids. They're just wasted sitting in your closet. Think how cool it would be if you were a kid and found Wacky Packs Old School in that big yellow box at your local comic shop!

Sorry about that. I must have hit modify when I added My comments.
OLDS deal with alcohol and tobacco so they were not produced for kids and that is why you won't find them retail.

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »
Sorry about that. I must have hit modify when I added My comments.
OLDS deal with alcohol and tobacco so they were not produced for kids and that is why you won't find them retail.

You guys need to clarify "kids" because I am a new collector. Age 29. Most have called me a kid, and I am definitely thrilled at finding such deals, and can handle the fact that alcohol and tobacco products are printed on them. Don't get me wrong, I don't relate to them like a 40 year old may since they are probably bringing back childhood memories, but I still find them enjoyable and neat finds.
KIM :)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »
I was also under the impression that Old School is targeted at adults and that's why booze and cigs are OK.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
Ya know, it was only a passing thought to suggest taking some boxes to a comic shop. But your response is baffling me. I can tell you that Topps wanted to drop the booze and cig gags from Old School while keeping the series a web exclusive and Dave fought to keep them. So that's not the reason Old School is a web exclusive. That aside, is this really the reason you won't drop a few boxes off at a comic shop? Because TOPPS says they're not for kids? I'm doubting that's what you mean but if you do then you're going to hear my head explode all the way from Loveland.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »
Ya know, it was only a passing thought to suggest taking some boxes to a comic shop. But your response is baffling me. I can tell you that Topps wanted to drop the booze and cig gags from Old School while keeping the series a web exclusive and Dave fought to keep them. So that's not the reason Old School is a web exclusive. That aside, is this really the reason you won't drop a few boxes off at a comic shop? Because TOPPS says they're not for kids? I'm doubting that's what you mean but if you do then you're going to hear my head explode all the way from Loveland.

No, I'm not going to drop a few boxes off at the local comic store. The guys there are idiots. I really don't know where we are going with this conversation. My comments were that I don't like my local comic store and OLDS were meant for adults. Nothing more than that.

Offline Gen 4

• ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
  • ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »
You guys need to clarify "kids" because I am a new collector. Age 29. Most have called me a kid, and I am definitely thrilled at finding such deals, and can handle the fact that alcohol and tobacco products are printed on them. Don't get me wrong, I don't relate to them like a 40 year old may since they are probably bringing back childhood memories, but I still find them enjoyable and neat finds.

I can’t speak for them, but I assume they mean very young…like 10ish or something…I don’t know either, but I’m sure they are not talking about an adult of your age. My take on it is that parents should apply what they feel is appropriate for your own and have fun. 

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 10:30:44 AM »
I can’t speak for them, but I assume they mean very young…like 10ish or something…I don’t know either, but I’m sure they are not talking about an adult of your age. My take on it is that parents should apply what they feel is appropriate for your own and have fun. 

Yes, I agree with you in that parents should apply what they feel is appropriate and have fun. Especially when it comes to an appreciation of vintage. That is kind of where I was getting at with Brad when I agreed with plan9 in saying to give them/or sell them cheap to the local comic store. Now if they guys are idiots, or you don't like them Brad then that is another story. But I don't see what that has to do with something falling into the hands of kids, teens, or new generation for a cheaper price. I guess the question would be, would that really be what goes on? Everyone is always trying to make$$$!!!   
KIM :)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
No, I'm not going to drop a few boxes off at the local comic store. The guys there are idiots. I really don't know where we are going with this conversation. My comments were that I don't like my local comic store and OLDS were meant for adults. Nothing more than that.
If the comic guys are idiots then fine. But when you say you won't do it because Old School was, as you assume, meant for adults then that is just incredibly stupid. Topps can steer Old School however they like but they're obviously appropriate for kids just as they were in the 70's.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »
If the comic guys are idiots then fine. But when you say you won't do it because Old School was, as you assume, meant for adults then that is just incredibly stupid. Topps can steer Old School however they like but they're obviously appropriate for kids just as they were in the 70's.

Dave already said OLDS has subject matter such as alcohol and cigarettes so they can't sell them retail. They were not meant for kids, they were meant for adults because Topps can't sell these retail. There are no references to alcohol or tobacco in any of the ANS series. I don't get what you are trying to get out of me. I just spelt it out.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »
Dave already said OLDS has subject matter such as alcohol and cigarettes so they can't sell them retail. They were not meant for kids, they were meant for adults because Topps can't sell these retail.
that's either just PC crap coming out of Wal*mart's (or whoevers) wholesale buyers, or else it's just Topps artificially censoring themselves believing they wouldn't be able to sell them for that reason.
It does not mean that they aren't really meant for kids.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 09:46:32 PM »
Just give them a wholesale price of .50¢ a pack to help promote the series to the kids.
half a cent a pack seems a bit low...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »
New deal!
1 - 5X7 Set of 9 cards
1 - Blue envelope
1- packaging

I stil have 3 sets left.
Do it Today!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 11:55:23 PM »
Dave already said OLDS has subject matter such as alcohol and cigarettes so they can't sell them retail. They were not meant for kids, they were meant for adults because Topps can't sell these retail. There are no references to alcohol or tobacco in any of the ANS series. I don't get what you are trying to get out of me. I just spelt it out.
What I'm getting at is you gave TWO reasons why you won't help make Old School available to kids through comic stores. Reason one is the store owners are idiots. That's fine. The second reason you gave is that "Old School is meant for kids". That's the one I am having trouble with. Only a corporate automaton who never collected Wackys could actually say such a thing. We all collected booze and smoke gags in the original series. Now suddenly the founder of this Wacky forum wants to protect children from these oh so dangerous and morally corrupt stickers just because Topps changed their lawyer driven policies. Do you hide Old School from the eyes of your own children? Will you let them view original stickers like Paul Maul and Gillo Port? Shouldn't you institute a "no one under 18 admitted to this forum" banner? Kids might see the devil stickers here too, ya know.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 05:18:32 AM »
What I'm getting at is you gave TWO reasons why you won't help make Old School available to kids through comic stores. Reason one is the store owners are idiots. That's fine. The second reason you gave is that "Old School is meant for kids". That's the one I am having trouble with. Only a corporate automaton who never collected Wackys could actually say such a thing. We all collected booze and smoke gags in the original series. Now suddenly the founder of this Wacky forum wants to protect children from these oh so dangerous and morally corrupt stickers just because Topps changed their lawyer driven policies. Do you hide Old School from the eyes of your own children? Will you let them view original stickers like Paul Maul and Gillo Port? Shouldn't you institute a "no one under 18 admitted to this forum" banner? Kids might see the devil stickers here too, ya know.

BTW Jay Lynch is producing a whole line of Wacky's based JUST on Booze and Cigs...looks really cool...nice job...and yes my 11 yr old daughter saw them and she thought they were cool...didn't even have to pick her up from the bar the next night...go figure.. :] :] :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »

I really don't care about the booze and tobacco references and my kids don't care either. I'm just saying that is why OLDS was not produced for retail. It's only available online.