Author Topic: Gamers fuming over PlayStation hack  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Gen 4

• ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
  • ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
Gamers fuming over PlayStation hack
« on: April 28, 2011, 04:18:34 AM »
I don't use my PS3 much but I do have a credit or debit card associated with my account. Sony now informs me via e-mail that "a hack of its online system that compromised users' personal data possibly including credit card information".  I can’t even log-in to find out which card I was using with them. >(  I hear more and more about companies getting hacked and putting the consumers at risk.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/04/27/sony.playstation.hack.reaction/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

Re: Gamers fuming over PlayStation hack
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 05:46:48 AM »
I don't use my PS3 much but I do have a credit or debit card associated with my account. Sony now informs me via e-mail that "a hack of its online system that compromised users' personal data possibly including credit card information".  I can’t even log-in to find out which card I was using with them. >(  I hear more and more about companies getting hacked and putting the consumers at risk.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/04/27/sony.playstation.hack.reaction/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Same here, I heard about it but didn't know our personal data was compromised!!! Wow! Our credit card info was on there as well. Anybody know if they are back up and running yet? No plans of logging on anytime soon.
KIM :)

Offline Gen 4

• ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
  • ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 06:08:19 AM »
I tried to log on last night but it was still down.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
Same here, I heard about it but didn't know our personal data was compromised!!! Wow! Our credit card info was on there as well. Anybody know if they are back up and running yet? No plans of logging on anytime soon.

This is a completely different division of Sony than what I work for, so we basically hear the same rumors as everyone else, but I think it will be a few more days before they are back up and running. I don't think they have a way to know whether the hackers actually downloaded account information (including credit card info) so they have to play it safe and let everyone know the information could have been obtained since the system was compromised.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:28:42 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Crust

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 04:23:31 PM »
Guys, I also just heard today that Facebook got hacked. All the info of everyone on it is now in the hands of random people. Scary Right!!??

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »
Guys, I also just heard today that Facebook got hacked. All the info of everyone on it is now in the hands of random people. Scary Right!!??

R u serious!!! Gotta love the internet/technology! I guess all of our information is pretty easily accessible anyways...look at zabasearch and public case searches. You can find just about anything. Also, google maps and the new phones with satellite tracking...and cameras everywhere. We have cameras in the" bluelight district" of baltimore to catch drug dealers and gang activity. And....what about airport security scans now! What is this world coming to?
KIM :)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »

I have not seen anything on this so it must be false

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »

It was only a matter of time before that happended..next is Amazon and EBAY ARGHHHHHHH!!!Hackers Unite!!

BTW..don't own a PS3 or Facebook - would that also happen on XBOX live?? Why do you need to put CC info in PS3??

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »
It was only a matter of time before that happended..next is Amazon and EBAY ARGHHHHHHH!!!Hackers Unite!!

BTW..don't own a PS3 or Facebook - would that also happen on XBOX live?? Why do you need to put CC info in PS3??

You can order some games or add-ons, such as new songs for ROCK BAND, through the PS3 network and download them to your game console. You have the option of saving credit card information with your profile so when you order, you don't have to enter in all the info each time.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)