Author Topic: Wacky Key Chains  (Read 9676 times)

Offline hurricanes

Wacky Key Chains
« on: April 22, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
This is my sole Wacky Key Chain. Forgotten I even had it but found it stuck on a nail with other stuff on a wall of my house(my post Wacky didn't think about them phase). Glad to have it. 
Backside is Neveready

Would love to see other key chains forum members might have. Any uncatalogued ones?
Show me any. Only seen mine up close.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Key Chains
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »
This is my sole Wacky Key Chain. Forgotten I even had it but found it stuck on a nail with other stuff on a wall of my house(my post Wacky didn't think about them phase). Glad to have it. 
Backside is Neveready

Would love to see other key chains forum members might have. Any uncatalogued ones?

Needless to say, I LIKE that one!!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
Backside is Neveready

Rusty has some pretty good images of them on his site..............

http://www.lostwackys.com/charms/Keychains-Wacky-Packages.htm

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
Thanks Rob

Just curious to see examples from other forum members. Just to share some of what each of us has.

Thanks

Frank

Offline Crust

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
Backside is Neveready

Nice keychain! I have always wanted one, but sadly never have gotten the chance to get one  :sad:

Offline exceedrin

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 06:09:53 PM »
Somehow I missed that link on Rusty's site all this time. He claims there were 12 double-sided key chains and 24 single-sided yet only shows 22 images. What were the other two?

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 08:05:50 PM »
 ;)What would be really outstanding would be to find a previously unknown key chain out there. See this alot on the prewar Baseball Card forum. Example over the last couple of years, they discovered a whole new set of baseball cards made in Texas in the 1920's called Tarzan Bread. So obscure, they were unearthed over 80 years after they were made.

Who knows what Wacky Stuff is out there, not previously known.

Reminds me of a copy of Toy Shop from the mid 1990's I was reading(when I used to collect toys in mid 1990's) where they found a whole unopend box of 1967 Wackys in a long forgotten store front somewhere. I wish I could find the article.

Frank

Offline Crust

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »
How were these sold in the 70's ? Did they come in gumball machines, or were they in packs? Does anyone have any extras for trade?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
Thanks Rob

Just curious to see examples from other forum members. Just to share some of what each of us has.

Thanks

Frank
I own a gadzooka single sided keychain, just wanted one for my collection.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 06:44:42 AM »

Reminds me of a copy of Toy Shop from the mid 1990's I was reading(when I used to collect toys in mid 1990's) where they found a whole unopend box of 1967 Wackys in a long forgotten store front somewhere. I wish I could find the article.

I think these were the two die-cut wax boxes pictured in the gallery. I believe one or both were subsequently auctioned on the
(late and not lamented) mastronet, and Eric Roberts may have killed one of the boxes. Don't remember all the details.

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »
Paul Maul

That is interesting. I have a bunch  of Mastro Net catalogues somewhere in my house. If I can, I will see if I find the original auction for them.

If I can find the original article itself, I will post it.

Thanks

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:08 AM »
Paul Maul

That is interesting. I have a bunch  of Mastro Net catalogues somewhere in my house. If I can, I will see if I find the original auction for them.

If I can find the original article itself, I will post it.

Thanks

Check out this old thread for an interesting related discussion. If you need to login, do so as guest with password guest:

http://www.wackypackages.org/wackyforum/messages.php?t=213&a=1&mn=1&stealth=
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:14:21 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
...and another related thread on the PSA forum:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=282132

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
Sniff, looking at these cool old threads makes me more nostalgic than wackys themselves....

Offline Hipton

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »
*sigh* I agree with you on that, Dave.
I have a few of these keychains packed away somewhere. I'll have to find them and see what I've got, can't remember. I'm sure I have a Hipton, I think I may have gotten it from JFK.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »
Backside is Neveready

Oddly enough, the only Wacky key chain I have is the same one as yours. Here's both sides:

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »
Bigtomi

Did you get yours on Ebay?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
Did you get yours on Ebay?
No, from another collector, in person, several years ago.

Offline Crust

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »
Does anyone know how u originally got these? Meaning were they in packs, or gumball machines. I'm sort of curious.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 07:56:59 PM »
Does anyone know how u originally got these? Meaning were they in packs, or gumball machines. I'm sort of curious.
I think they were in vending machines of some sort, but I'm not really certain. Mail order doesn't ring a bell here...

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »
Is it possible they were packaged on a card and set on a display with a punch hole at the top?

Offline Soremel

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
I think they were in vending machines of some sort, but I'm not really certain. Mail order doesn't ring a bell here...

The ones I saw, back in 1975, were hanging loose on a wire jewelry-style display. I saw these in a Boston gift shop.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »

The Wacky gallery says the following.............

"The key chains were sold in 1974 in novelty shops and discount stores."
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »
Is it possible they were packaged on a card and set on a display with a punch hole at the top?

That would be interesting to know. It was the 70's and there may not have been any packaging at all, just the keyring with or without the price stuck to it.

This reminds me that I sure would like to see that wonderbread commercial film with Wacky's in it that someone purchased a while ago on ebay. It's ashame to see something as unique as that surface then sink again.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Crust

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »
Maybe Topps will revive these, and do something like they did with garbage pail kids magnets? It doesn't look like theres going too be a set of series 3 erasers. Maybethese can take their place?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
Maybe Topps will revive these, and do something like they did with garbage pail kids magnets? It doesn't look like theres going too be a set of series 3 erasers. Maybethese can take their place?

I would like keychains way better than the erasers. Motion Keychains with a nice polyurethane coating to protect them. That would be awesome.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 06:55:25 AM »
Has there been word or some indication that there will not be a series 3 erasers?
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Crust

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »
Has there been word or some indication that there will not be a series 3 erasers?

Not that I've heard. That's why i said they should make some more key chains instead!