Author Topic: Old School Sketch Want List w/Prices Paid  (Read 19807 times)

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
Re: Old School Sketch Want List w/Prices Paid
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
But Ajerx was one of the first ones I did and Batz was one of the last ones I did.   There's no logic to it....It's all random.   
One thing, though.... The people who don't collect Wackys but do collect underground comix have been buying Old School
to get the sketchcards.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »
But Ajerx was one of the first ones I did and Batz was one of the last ones I did.   There's no logic to it....It's all random.   
One thing, though.... The people who don't collect Wackys but do collect underground comix have been buying Old School
to get the sketchcards.
Weren't the envelopes also inserted into boxes, then removed when the first stickers were defective, stored, and finally repacked into the boxes with the reprinted stickers?  I would think that alone would have mixed things up pretty well.

I'm not on any GPK forums, but I'll bet some of those collectors are buying Old School for the sketchcards as well.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »
to get the sketchcards.
so then this suggests FIFO, first in, first out.  Ajerx was plentiful early and you did that early as you did Hungry Jerk early and that was also plentiful right away.

Now we are getting to the end of Topps box stash and the Batz are coming out which you did late.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 06:48:58 AM »
My theory is that Topps "random" distribution of sketches was horrible and the titles Jay did last such as Ajerx were plentiful early on as those first rounds of boxes were loaded with those.  I am starting to wonder if some of the pereceived "rare" titles like Batz were done early and are sitting in unsold boxes ie LIFO system in play here, Last in, first out.  It is the only thing that makes sense based on Jay's recollection of counts here.

If Jay's estimates are relatively accurate then the collation must be poor, or where are they all?  I guess the only other explanation is that we over-estimate the amount forum members bought, and there are others buying them that we will never see.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »
If Jay's estimates are relatively accurate then the collation must be poor, or where are they all?  I guess the only other explanation is that we over-estimate the amount forum members bought, and there are others buying them that we will never see.    
I think that a lot of non-forum-member card collectors bought Old School, and many were probably quite content with whatever sketches they pulled.  I only found Greg's forum 4 years ago, but I was always an active and avid Wacky collector, as well as a non-sport card collector, and even if I wasn't aware of the forum when the set was released, the ads in NSU would have had me buying Old School like crazy, just like I've been doing!  But, I wouldn't have been reporting anything here.  And, if you're a non-sports card collector who just wanted a few base sets and sketches, you might not be inclined to ebay anything you don't have doubles of, particularly if you don't check ebay every day to follow prices.

I  haven't sold anything on ebay in years.  Without the forum for trading opportunities, even the sketches I had doubles of would likely still be in my collection.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:10:39 AM by RawGoo »