Author Topic: Music Videos worth noting  (Read 13349 times)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: Music Videos worth noting
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »
I keep reading the thread title as, "Music Videos worth nothing"

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
Looks like you were having fun Jeff!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »
Looks like you were having fun Jeff!

Yeah John, It's always a blast. Got a new Mac with imovie in it and I edited it down there.
 At my shows, I try to get everyone involved too. But the camera was in a "fixed" location on top of the lighting stand. Unfortunately you don't get to see when I have fun with people as I cruise into the audience. In this instance, you didn't even get to see the audience. Eventually I will get all of it on video, but everytime I give it to someone to video, they usually do not have enough experience with the camera and end up messing it up somehow then I lose capturing any of it.
 I do a huge Tom Petty set and I have some themed sets I do plus a couple of other very unusual musical and theatrical performances that get a great response.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
Yeah John, It's always a blast. Got a new Mac with imovie in it and I edited it down there.
 At my shows, I try to get everyone involved too. But the camera was in a "fixed" location on top of the lighting stand. Unfortunately you don't get to see when I have fun with people as I cruise into the audience. In this instance, you didn't even get to see the audience. Eventually I will get all of it on video, but everytime I give it to someone to video, they usually do not have enough experience with the camera and end up messing it up somehow then I lose capturing any of it.
 I do a huge Tom Petty set and I have some themed sets I do plus a couple of other very unusual musical and theatrical performances that get a great response.

Get a friend to do the camera work. Have them use a monopod so they can keep it steady.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
Just thought I would let everyone on the forum know that I will be posting a video from my Original Music Band tomorrow night on youtube. The channel is "jeffxmusic". The song we did the video for is "322" off of our original music CD, Til We're Satisfied. It's fun stuff, check it out if you can, I'll remind tomorrow.  :great:

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »
Here is the link to see the video:

http://youtu.be/g5--O2DzZ-Y

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

Good stuff Jeff.....made me chuckle!  Love the car, and the Toy Fool Injectors!!!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 03:19:40 PM »
Good stuff Jeff.....made me chuckle!  Love the car, and the Toy Fool Injectors!!!

Thanks Jim, we were laughing too when we were putting it together, and still laugh at certain moments.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »
Thanks Jim, we were laughing too when we were putting it together, and still laugh at certain moments.

You guys really have a funky beat. How would you describe your music? Would it be considered funky jazz? :]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »

Cool stuff. You guys have a great sound, vocally and instrumentally. At first, I thought the "animated" car at the beginning was one like mine, but the ending disproved that. If you ever want to use mine in another video, just let me know, lol.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »
Cool stuff. You guys have a great sound, vocally and instrumentally. At first, I thought the "animated" car at the beginning was one like mine, but the ending disproved that. If you ever want to use mine in another video, just let me know, lol.

That's really a fricken nice ride. You must be a babe magnet with that car :great:

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »
That's really a fricken nice ride. You must be a babe magnet with that car :great:
Thanks, Brad. Yeah, quite the babe magnet, just like all other overweight, bald guys. LOL  The car does get its share of looks, though...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:59:20 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2012, 09:01:56 PM »
You guys really have a funky beat. How would you describe your music? Would it be considered funky jazz? :]

That particular song we do consider to be "funky". Our CD songs cover funky, country, metal and classic style rock. There is one other "funky" song on the CD called, "Rolling in the Hay" which I purposely wrote it to be like a 70's funk song. Our bass player listens to Jazz a lot, that is partially where you may be hearing the influence.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »

Nice ride there. Is it a '63? I have a 61 Rambler (will have to post pic.s some other time). Thanks for the compliments, I'll tell the guys too. We would love to use your car in another upcoming video. If you ever in NJ area, South NJ, just let me know. We'll get footage.  ;D

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
Nice ride there. Is it a '63? I have a 61 Rambler (will have to post pic.s some other time). Thanks for the compliments, I'll tell the guys too. We would love to use your car in another upcoming video. If you ever in NJ area, South NJ, just let me know. We'll get footage.  ;D
Thanks, it's a '64 Chevy Impala SS. I live in north Jersey, so south Jersey is not a big stretch (though it's a lousy highway car). If you really want to use it, just give me some warning and I'll bring it down. Or you guys could come up.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »
Thanks, it's a '64 Chevy Impala SS. I live in north Jersey, so south Jersey is not a big stretch (though it's a lousy highway car). If you really want to use it, just give me some warning and I'll bring it down. Or you guys could come up.

My drummers car is the Buick in the video. Maybe (when my car is ready) we'll drive up to a car show or something and get some footage there. That would be a lot of fun.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »
My drummers car is the Buick in the video. Maybe (when my car is ready) we'll drive up to a car show or something and get some footage there. That would be a lot of fun.
That would be cool. I did notice the Buick; nice.

anything