Author Topic: WP OLDS2 - Vote for favorite!  (Read 34681 times)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Re: WP OLDS2 - Vote for favorite!
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2011, 06:30:26 PM »
Get outa here. You painted all the text on Palmolatov?

Yes, all the text on Palmolotov (and B-B-Bats) is painted. Here is the rundown of what is an overlay (though all overlays are painted over). I hope I remember all of them:

Aqua Hellva - logo
Croakaseptic - all text
Flunkies - the one side text only
Ka-Boo! - For No Talent Kids, Generally Mortified, bowl gag and Net Wt gag
Stinkin Legs - all text (I think)
Sue Mee - text in white area
Swine Bros - 14 Mudicated Drops
Wedgie! - Ouch, Contains 1 Yank and bottom gag
Stink Panther Flakes - bottom three gags

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Yes, all the text on Palmolotov (and B-B-Bats) is painted. Here is the rundown of what is an overlay (though all overlays are painted over). I hope I remember all of them:

Aqua Hellva - logo
Croakaseptic - all text
Flunkies - the one side text only
Ka-Boo! - For No Talent Kids, Generally Mortified, bowl gag and Net Wt gag
Stinkin Legs - all text (I think)
Sue Mee - text in white area
Swine Bros - 14 Mudicated Drops
Wedgie! - Ouch, Contains 1 Yank and bottom gag
Stink Panther Flakes - bottom three gags

That's cool I won the bb bats art...nice to know...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:18 PM »
That's cool I won the bb bats art...nice to know...
Have you bought any other art or is this your first piece?

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »
Damn, my eyes aren't as good as I have to hold the checklist about a foot away to read it. I know I need reading glasses but I'm holding out. Hopefully it's correct now.

Lol. I have to read the numbers with the letters at top the gpks for my hubby! I think they are worse. Some of the series are terrible quality printing as well....then they have the one or two astericks as well! Fun fun fun!
KIM :)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2011, 05:00:53 AM »
Lol. I have to read the numbers with the letters at top the gpks for my hubby! I think they are worse. Some of the series are terrible quality printing as well....then they have the one or two astericks as well! Fun fun fun!

Yeah, those GPK numbers are a pain!  I wear bifocal contact lenses; they're OK for most things, but I have an easier time with reading Wackys and such when I take the lenses out, and just hold the cards up close.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2011, 06:49:55 AM »
Yeah, those GPK numbers are a pain!  I wear bifocal contact lenses; they're OK for most things, but I have an easier time with reading Wackys and such when I take the lenses out, and just hold the cards up close.

Lol... Yesterday was rainy and dreary here in Indiana, so I pulled out my GPK folders and had the trusty iPad at hand on eBay. I started going through my collection to fill some holes in my ANS and FB sets. Mainly just bonus cards, wrappers, and promos. I don't do all the variation borders, etc. on the Flashback sets. My son was giving me a hard time because I kept handing him cards to tell what those darn black numbers were on a dark scene. Little did I know my wife witnessed this before heading into town. When she returned she had bought an inexpensive set of jewels glasses (the kind you hold to one eye and that magnify to various powers).  Gotta a love a spouse that supports your habit. Now the jewelers glasses are a permanent fixture where I do my collecting doodling.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »
Lol... Yesterday was rainy and dreary here in Indiana, so I pulled out my GPK folders and had the trusty iPad at hand on eBay. I started going through my collection to fill some holes in my ANS and FB sets. Mainly just bonus cards, wrappers, and promos. I don't do all the variation borders, etc. on the Flashback sets. My son was giving me a hard time because I kept handing him cards to tell what those darn black numbers were on a dark scene. Little did I know my wife witnessed this before heading into town. When she returned she had bought an inexpensive set of jewels glasses (the kind you hold to one eye and that magnify to various powers).  Gotta a love a spouse that supports your habit. Now the jewelers glasses are a permanent fixture where I do my collecting doodling.

Those magnifiers are called "loupes".  I have a couple of those that I use for stamp collecting.  Another stamp collecting tool that I cross over to Wackys is a pair of stamp tongs.  They are great for pulling cards out of top loaders and even for putting them in.  I consider them a "must have" for handling delicate tan-back stickers.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
Those magnifiers are called "loupes".  I have a couple of those that I use for stamp collecting.  Another stamp collecting tool that I cross over to Wackys is a pair of stamp tongs.  They are great for pulling cards out of top loaders and even for putting them in.  I consider them a "must have" for handling delicate tan-back stickers.

Are the stamp-tongs better than a pair of tweezers?  That what I use for pulling expensive cards out.  I have loupes as well being in the print business. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »
Are the stamp-tongs better than a pair of tweezers?  That what I use for pulling expensive cards out.  I have loupes as well being in the print business.  

Since the stamp tongs are for handling postage stamps, they are designed to handle thin paper items very delicately.  Most of them have flat, rounded tips for gripping the stamp.  Those flat tips slide really easily into a top-loader.

http://www.google.com/search?q=stamp+tongs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=stamp+tongs&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=WfV&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=Wv21TY3bDIqDtgetsfzpDg&ved=0CEYQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=435e185a007639bf&biw=820&bih=544

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2011, 04:51:41 PM »
Since the stamp tongs are for handling postage stamps, they are designed to handle thin paper items very delicately.  Most of them have flat, rounded tips for gripping the stamp.  Those flat tips slide really easily into a top-loader.

http://www.google.com/search?q=stamp+tongs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=stamp+tongs&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=WfV&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=Wv21TY3bDIqDtgetsfzpDg&ved=0CEYQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=435e185a007639bf&biw=820&bih=544

Thanks, I'll have to pick me up one of those!  I bet I can find one in the mall at the Philly show.  They have some stamp display I think. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »
Gotta a love a spouse that supports your habit.

All things considered, I’m surprised my wife buys me beer during her grocery trips!     :^)

Yeah, snub nosed tweezers can be helpful for WP collectors. As Busted mentioned, most of them have flat rounded tips for gripping the stamp, or in our case, the sticker. 

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:47 PM »
All things considered, I’m surprised my wife buys me beer during her grocery trips!     :^)

Yeah, snub nosed tweezers can be helpful for WP collectors. As Busted mentioned, most of them have flat rounded tips for gripping the stamp, or in our case, the sticker. 

(Image removed from quote.)

Dang, our food stores do not have beer in NJ.

Seems to me that it would be risky using tweezers with the cards as one slip and there goes a nice tweezer indent mark in the card.

What happened with the vote? Who's on first? Has everyone voted?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Gen 4

• ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
  • ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2011, 12:30:33 AM »

I picked "Old Croak Whiskey"!

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2011, 06:32:26 AM »

Rofl...GPKs huh! I didn't open a can of worms by any chance when we were messaging and brought them up, mainly because of those tiny numbers! Yes, hubby drove himself crazy collecting all those variation borders! You didn't happen to see my Wacky Garbage card that I posted, did ya? Cute collectible fan card for Wacky and GPK lovers. Well, very nice of spouse to by that for you, what a great thought!
KIM :)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
Have you bought any other art or is this your first piece?

No..I have other pieces as well..

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2011, 09:32:05 PM »
I don't think it was mentioned but Wyler's Lemonade is still on the market. I found some at a supermarket in Asheville, NC this weekend.