Author Topic: Wacky Book II coming this month!  (Read 52269 times)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: Wacky Book II coming this month!
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »
Looks like I'll get it too then. Oh boy.
I got it (Ad Boy) also...it's well worth it! ;)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
Ordered mine Monday night through amazon as well. Waiting for the 2 of them! Ahhh, yes the waiting....

Thanks everyone for the heads up on this about the free shipping !!!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »
I ordered my Wacky Packages vol. 2 book from Amazon along with a couple DVDs (DC super-hero animated features) to get my order over $25 for free shipping.  Looks like they'll all arrive by USPS around the 6th.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
I'm going to order mine tonite .. guess I should get Art to sign this one .. since Jay signed Wacky Book I ..  :]

How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
Ordered from a company in NJ .. ships tomorrow .. WOO HOO !!!  :P
How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2010, 02:22:29 AM »

It's great to see some of these series 8 -14 titles in a larger format.  I've scanned / enlarged quite a few but here's one I have come to like a lot better after enlarging it.

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/824715167_3bDHV-XL.jpg[/expando]    Ludicrous Sized

And another one

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/824718017_RSoMs-XL.jpg[/expando]   Ludicrous Sized

Can you find what's wrong with one of the pictures?

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »
Now we are encroaching into semantics.  It really is the same thing.  The "threads I have posted in" versus "after replies to my post", we are still talking about the same thread either way.  I really don't care how it's worded, I just don't want threads filtered where nobody has posted a message DIRECTLY to me in, yet I want a filtering which DOES show me the threads someone has posted to me directly in.  I understand it probably doesn't exist here and can only hope it will in the future.

This has been throwing me off too. Especially hard when trying to communicate back and forth on thread topics that you enjoy. I do not always have the time to read ALL of the posts After my post but would like to at least respond to people who have taken the time to respond to my original post.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »
This has been throwing me off too. Especially hard when trying to communicate back and forth on thread topics that you enjoy. I do not always have the time to read ALL of the posts After my post but would like to at least respond to people who have taken the time to respond to my original post.
sorry, but that's not how today's "modern and expensive" software works.  :^)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »
I'll just be forced to speed read through all of the posts - which I occasionally do anyway - but sometimes I miss interpret what I am reading because of the blazing speeeeeed  :P

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
Does anyone remember where to get the clear cover to put over the book's wax wrapper cover? I got one for the 1st edition and can't remember where I got it from. A forum member at the time of the 1st books release (on Greg's forum) suggested where to get one and I cant remember where I got the cover from. It was simple and pretty easy to use too.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2010, 07:42:56 PM »
Best place for archival clear book covers is a place called BroDart.  You can buy 'em online....but I think you gotta buy 50 at a time.  They make an archival cover without tape.  On the ones with tape, the tape discolors over a period of decades...so the tapeless ones are best.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
sorry, but that's not how today's "modern and expensive" software works.  :^)
Fooey!  Can we at least go to a spot and select "see all replies to posts that I have posted"?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2010, 12:52:23 AM »
It's great to see some of these series 8 -14 titles in a larger format.  I've scanned / enlarged quite a few but here's one I have come to like a lot better after enlarging it.

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/824718017_RSoMs-XL.jpg[/expando]   Ludicrous Sized

The guy's ear on the toothpaste tube is in front of the rolled portion. That puts him in front of the tube rather than on it. Do I win a prize?

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:56 AM »

The "its" with no apostrophe.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Thank you! I printed it out and put it on my mantle.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2010, 01:41:47 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Excuse me but I was right too. Where's MY gold spittoon?

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2010, 08:46:12 AM »

Oops! Sorry about that.  [
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2010, 10:00:16 AM »
I always liked a Wacky that would play with perspective like that. The Frankenstein monster extends beyond the package on Doomed Matches, the spilled paint goes behind the boy on Ditch Boy, the explosion appears behind the text on Killy Putty, the Muller guy appears to stand inside the bottle but also drape over the label. There are probably more.

I never thought of these as something being "wrong" with the art,  just fun artistic choices.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2010, 10:47:57 AM »

I never thought of these as something being "wrong" with the art.

Nor do I.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2010, 09:45:22 PM »
I always liked a Wacky that would play with perspective like that. The Frankenstein monster extends beyond the package on Doomed Matches, the spilled paint goes behind the boy on Ditch Boy, the explosion appears behind the text on Killy Putty, the Muller guy appears to stand inside the bottle but also drape over the label. There are probably more.

I never thought of these as something being "wrong" with the art,  just fun artistic choices.
Wow I hadn't noticed any of those. Yeah, I agree. They're not really mistakes. Just interesting details that the master may have been fully aware of. Guess I'd better give back my beautiful spittoon.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
Wow I hadn't noticed any of those. Yeah, I agree. They're not really mistakes. Just interesting details that the master may have been fully aware of. Guess I'd better give back my beautiful spittoon.
Was it used?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »
I like the Wacky Packages NEW NEW NEW book. I wonder if Abrahms plans a 3rd. Wacky Packages book for 2011 (and a 2012 wall calendar to go with it) that will feature stickers from the W.P. 15th. and 16th. series plus the stickers from the 1985 and 1991 series.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »
I like the Wacky Packages NEW NEW NEW book. I wonder if Abrahms plans a 3rd. Wacky Packages book for 2011 (and a 2012 wall calendar to go with it) that will feature stickers from the W.P. 15th. and 16th. series plus the stickers from the 1985 and 1991 series.
I believe that is indeed the plan, but I'm not positive.

Offline Kook

« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »

I hope they come out with a new one, but backfill first. There is a lot of diecut, ad & poster artwork left out before they start going past 16th. 15th, 16th, diecut, ad, poster, '85 & '91... That's 7 series... like 1 to 7 & 8 to 14. I hope this works out to be the plan.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:20:59 PM by billf »

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2010, 08:18:58 AM »
I hope they come out with a new one, but backfill first. There is many diecut, ad & poster artwork left out before they start going past 16th. 15th, 16th, diecut, ad, poster, '85 & '91... That's 7 series... like 1 to 7 & 8 to 14. I hope this works out to be the plan.

I think that would suck if they start mixing up the time-line of the series.

As far as I am concerned, they really screwed up by not doing 1-8 and 9-16.  I doubt if I will be buying and more books they put out.  Since 15th and 16th series hold no nostalgia for me, I won't feel like I am missing out on anything.  Also I imagine that any friends that come over who casually look through the books (and I do keep a copy of each book on the coffee table) won't realize they are missing anything either.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2010, 07:17:54 AM »

As far as I am concerned, they really screwed up by not doing 1-8 and 9-16.  I doubt if I will be buying and more books they put out.  Since 15th and 16th series hold no nostalgia for me, I won't feel like I am missing out on anything.  Also I imagine that any friends that come over who casually look through the books (and I do keep a copy of each book on the coffee table) won't realize they are missing anything either.

I bet the books are done.  They covered the heart of the original series which was probably their goal.  It woud be cool to see other series but I just doubt it will happen.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2010, 01:49:39 PM »
Hello everyone! I was looking through the latest edition of "Bettys Attic" It's a magazine/website w/collectibles & I noticed the (new) "Wacky" book in it! Thought some of you may be interested.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »
Hello everyone! I was looking through the latest edition of "Bettys Attic" It's a magazine/website w/collectibles & I noticed the (new) "Wacky" book in it! Thought some of you may be interested.

There was a Wacky book stuffed in your magazine??  That's pretty lucky dude!  How'd it fit in there? 

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
There was a Wacky book stuffed in your magazine??  That's pretty lucky dude!  How'd it fit in there? 
LOL! Good one Rob! No it was for sale for in the magazine $19.95

Offline dth1971

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »
Maybe the 3rd. Wacky Packages book could be Series 15 and 16 plus the 1967 diecuts, 1969 ads, and 1973-1974 posters.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »
I bet the books are done.  They covered the heart of the original series which was probably their goal.  It woud be cool to see other series but I just doubt it will happen.

You may be wrong...

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »
Maybe the 3rd. Wacky Packages book could be Series 15 and 16 plus the 1967 diecuts, 1969 ads, and 1973-1974 posters.
That would be cool, on top of that they could throw in some of the "oddball" (Wacky) stuff like the Placks, Key-Chains, Glasses etc...??? :^)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
You may be wrong...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time but I doubt it in this case.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2010, 05:50:38 PM »

As far as I am concerned, they really screwed up by not doing 1-8 and 9-16.  I doubt if I will be buying and more books they put out.  Since 15th and 16th series hold no nostalgia for me, I won't feel like I am missing out on anything.  Also I imagine that any friends that come over who casually look through the books (and I do keep a copy of each book on the coffee table) won't realize they are missing anything either.

I agree. They also screwed up by not turning the images to keep them all the same large size. Who the hell cares if you have to move your damn arm a little to view the pic. right side up. Why are people so considerate of the lazy asses? Yeah shudda did 1-8, 9-16. I do think they'll come out with one more book and I hope it's cool.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:55:05 PM by Playbug »