Author Topic: Wacky Book II coming this month!  (Read 52612 times)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: Wacky Book II coming this month!
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
You bought a digital camera and you don't know how to upload pictures to your PC ;)
1. Charge the batteries.
2. Read the manual on how to connect to your PC.
3. Get something to eat.
4. Go to the bathroom.
5. Batteries should be about done now.
6. Push button on camera that takes a picture - may have to look at manual again.
7. connect camera to PC.
8. download pictures to PC.
9. Grab a snack.
10 Realize your thumb was in the way.
11. Retake picture.
12. Download pictures to PC.
13. You will notice you now have a masterpiece.
14. Log into Wackypackagesforum.com
15 Go to post that you want to upload the pictures to.
16. Go to the bathroom.
17. when posting under the area you type there is a '+' sign that says additional options.
18. Click that button in #17
19. Go to the bottom and hit the browse button.
20. Search for your picture on your computer.
20 Hit the POST button below.

That's about it. In 20 short steps you will be on your way ;D
OK smart alec, I got the camera for my wife and I'm sure she will be able to help me out! LOL!!!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »
OK smart alec, I got the camera for my wife and I'm sure she will be able to help me out! LOL!!!

I thought you might like that ;)

I don't want to be Mr. Obvious! I am just kidding with you. I sent Jay a PM how to upload some scans he has. It all takes time but get that camera figured out. There will be plenty of times you go to an antique show and have something to share with the forum. A picture says a 1000 words.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:41:45 PM by BumChex »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »
LOL! I actualy just got a display case from an antique dealer that was going out of business, so I will have some real sweet pictures very soon...I promise! I think everyone will be at least a little impressed! :^)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »
I ordered two just so that I could keep one pristine and stored away and leave the other one out on the coffee table.  But yeah - the bonus stickers with this book suck!

Yeah, that is exactly what I do.. This really is great news, I'll be ordering mine asap...
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »
No.  I dont know what I would do with two books.

One for each eye !  :o
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »

I don't want to be Mr. Obvious! I am just kidding with you. I sent Jay a PM how to upload some scans he has. It all takes time but get that camera figured out. There will be plenty of times you go to an antique show and have something to share with the forum. A picture says a 1000 words.
I deliberately bought a laptop that included a card slot for the SD cards that my camera uses.  The Koduck software that came with the camera drove me NUTS on my desktop PC.  Now, I can take a pic, pop out the card, and just put it into the laptop and save it to the exact folder I want it in.  And I don't have to clean up after Koduck saves 14 copies in 25 different folders........

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 05:36:19 AM »
I just ordered my two copies!  Looking forward to the new new new book!  I assume though, we are still getting the lame-ass bonus cards that they picked for this book?
I just ordered 2 books to get free shipping. Has anything been said about this book even having bonus stickers? I don't remember reading anything about the stickers this time.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 06:31:26 AM »
I just ordered 2 books to get free shipping. Has anything been said about this book even having bonus stickers? I don't remember reading anything about the stickers this time.
Greg posted the 4 stickers on the old forum back in October, thread 3494.10.  Unfortunately, I think they were very forgettable titles......

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »
Greg posted the 4 stickers on the old forum back in October, thread 3494.10.  Unfortunately, I think they were very forgettable titles......
Thanks for looking that up, much appreciated. Now I see why I forgot about them, Sheesh!
 :(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 09:05:36 AM »
Thanks for looking that up, much appreciated. Now I see why I forgot about them, Sheesh!
 :(

The new book arrived today and here are the stickers:

[spoiler=Images of new stickers][/spoiler]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »
The new book arrived today and here are the stickers:

[spoiler=Images of new stickers](Image removed from quote.)[/spoiler]

Too bad they didn't change anything as far as the bonus stickers.  Seems like a wasted opportunity for 'taboo' sticker titles we would have gone nuts for.  I would have purchased an extra book or two if the stickers were better.  Maybe they're waiting for the next book to include stickers we'd really like so we'll buy a book that only has 2 OS sets in it, and yet to be determined other content?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 09:26:37 AM »
Was it determined that these are all '85 and '91 rejects?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 09:49:33 AM »
Too bad they didn't change anything as far as the bonus stickers.  Seems like a wasted opportunity for 'taboo' sticker titles we would have gone nuts for.  I would have purchased an extra book or two if the stickers were better.  Maybe they're waiting for the next book to include stickers we'd really like so we'll buy a book that only has 2 OS sets in it, and yet to be determined other content?

I know what you mean. That powerless glove is pretty edgy :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 03:03:37 PM »
I put the bonus cards on ebay because I am not sure if anyone has seen these yet and was curious to the reaction. I already got a couple people asking me what these are all about.:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230451468790

Now if Turbo would list these they would but up to $100 now :o

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
That was fast! I recieved my books today! they look good but yes stickers are So So

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
That was fast! I recieved my books today! they look good but yes stickers are So So
I know what you mean!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »

I am not sure where they dug those out from but they could have been a lot better. I wonder what is in store for the 3rd book. It's strange they would leave off at series 14. Why not split the OS series in half? If they do only series 15 & 16 they are going to have to add a lot of history to fill the book. I wonder what they have in store....

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 10:22:06 PM »
I am not sure where they dug those out from but they could have been a lot better. I wonder what is in store for the 3rd book. It's strange they would leave off at series 14. Why not split the OS series in half? If they do only series 15 & 16 they are going to have to add a lot of history to fill the book. I wonder what they have in store....
My guess is they will include the following: "Reissues" "(82) Album series" "(85) series" (86) "Test-Release Album series" " 87-89" (OPCs ???)  (91) "series" (Pogs???) Just a guess.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2010, 04:24:39 AM »
Was it determined that these are all '85 and '91 rejects?
Snookered (by Tom Bunk), Powerless Glove (Bunk), and Ghoul Talk (John Pound) were created for the unpublished 1992 series and had been previously revealed by the artists. Fuzzy Globs had not been seen before these bonus stickers, but it looks like a 1990s style Wacky to me.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2010, 05:45:28 AM »
I'll take any exclusive bonus cards! Icing on the cake for an already cool book! For those that have their copies already, does it look like they scanned in mainly original art for Series 7-14 or is it a 50/50 mixed bag of original art and scans from stickers?

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010, 08:07:05 PM »
Placed my order last week, along with another book I wanted to get, and learned they were shipped today. Looking forward to the book arriving!

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »
Got my two books in the mail today.  Here are my initial observations:

Someone asked how many of the scans in the book came from original art -vs- stickers.  Although I have not counted, it appears to me that easily less than half of the images came directly from art.

Love the new forward written by Jay Lynch.  Love the quote "Just think of it as drawing twenty dollar bills!"  Some great stories about the concept sketches along with pictures of them.

Some of the packs that they used to introduce each series look pretty rough.  I would have thought they could have scoured the Wacky community to get some nice examples of each pack.

I noticed that the magazine parodies in series 11 and later have been enlarged so that they nearly fill the entire sticker space.  I like it better this way as it makes the image bigger but some purists may not think so.

And finally the bonus stickers are pretty lame (as I have already stated IMO).  The only good thing they have going for them is the color of the backs.

All in all, it is a great companion to the 1st book.  However, I can't see myself buying a third one just to get series 15 and 16.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »
I'm going to order a copy from Amazon as soon as I find another item I want so I can get free shipping.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 04:53:40 PM »
I'm going to order a copy from Amazon as soon as I find another item I want so I can get free shipping.
I'm doing the exact same thing.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
Got my two books in the mail today.  Here are my initial observations:

Someone asked how many of the scans in the book came from original art -vs- stickers.  Although I have not counted, it appears to me that easily less than half of the images came directly from art.

Love the new forward written by Jay Lynch.  Love the quote "Just think of it as drawing twenty dollar bills!"  Some great stories about the concept sketches along with pictures of them.

Some of the packs that they used to introduce each series look pretty rough.  I would have thought they could have scoured the Wacky community to get some nice examples of each pack.

I noticed that the magazine parodies in series 11 and later have been enlarged so that they nearly fill the entire sticker space.  I like it better this way as it makes the image bigger but some purists may not think so.

And finally the bonus stickers are pretty lame (as I have already stated IMO).  The only good thing they have going for them is the color of the backs.

All in all, it is a great companion to the 1st book.  However, I can't see myself buying a third one just to get series 15 and 16.

So there are around 50% from original art?  Without going back and counting the 1st book I think that's less original art in the 2nd one, no?

I have 2 on the way but I just ordered them yesterday.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
So there are around 50% from original art?  Without going back and counting the 1st book I think that's less original art in the 2nd one, no?

I have 2 on the way but I just ordered them yesterday.

I think it is less than 50%.  For example when I went back and looked closely at the 8th series, I could only count about 8 or 10 of them that I thought looked like they were scanned from art.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
Order 2 books. Problem solved! One to keep in tact and one to put on the coffee table.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »
Order 2 books. Problem solved! One to keep in tact and one to put on the coffee table.
I am hoping to get my book tomorrow.  Would be nice to get it the day before my birthday.

Offline slayskool

• I'll sell some sweet swell swill someday.
    • Photography by Paul Argyropoulos
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »
Why not split the OS series in half? If they do only series 15 & 16 they are going to have to add a lot of history to fill the book. I wonder what they have in store....

Because then they couldn't milk us for yet another $14...DUH!!!  (I mean that in jest, not in ridicule)

And what are you talking about with this "history" comment.  They will fill the remainder of the pages with 1985 and 1991 Series swill.  Probably the Irish guano also.  Oh and throw in the Lost Wackys for good measure.

Remember, all's swill that ends swill.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
I am hoping to get my book tomorrow.  Would be nice to get it the day before my birthday.
Happy birthday Gary!

Offline slayskool

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »
Happy birthday Gary!
THIS IS WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

I clicked on the "show new replies to my posts".  I only have one post in this thread.  There was only one post after mine and it was NOT in response to MY POST!  Why did it filter this thread if nobody responded to my post??????  ESPECIALLY if the selection was "Show new replies to my posts."  It should say "Show new replies to THREADS that I have posted in." which is pretty useless to me but it would avoid me having to check threads that nobody posted a response to me.  I feel jerked around when using the "show new replies to my posts" option.

And why did it put a face in my string of question marks???????
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:01:11 AM by slayskool »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »
THIS IS WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

I clicked on the "show new replies to my posts".  I only have one post in this thread.  There was only one post after mine and it was NOT in response to MY POST!  Why did it filter this thread if nobody responded to my post??????  ESPECIALLY if the selection was "Show new replies to my posts."  It should say "Show new replies to THREADS that I have posted in." which is pretty useless to me but it would avoid me having to check threads that nobody posted a response to me.  I feel jerked around when using the "show new replies to my posts" option.

And why did it put a face in my string of question marks???????

OK now you will get an actual reply to your post...  ;)

I don't think that feature you're asking about is currently available, from my quick research. Brad can answer for sure though. Also the "Show new replies to my posts" should actually be: "Show new replies after my posts".

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2010, 11:34:25 AM »
Diamond shipped these, so if anybody else ordered it from your local comic book store, you might get it today. Mine showed up, and while I haven't had a chance to sit down and flip through it, or mess with the stickers, the dust jacket looks great.
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline slayskool

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
Also the "Show new replies to my posts" should actually be: "Show new replies after my posts".
Now we are encroaching into semantics.  It really is the same thing.  The "threads I have posted in" versus "after replies to my post", we are still talking about the same thread either way.  I really don't care how it's worded, I just don't want threads filtered where nobody has posted a message DIRECTLY to me in, yet I want a filtering which DOES show me the threads someone has posted to me directly in.  I understand it probably doesn't exist here and can only hope it will in the future.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2010, 01:04:36 PM »
I got my book today and i really like it.  Jays foreward is really a good read and very interesting.  As someone else mentioned, it is nice the way the magazine Wackys were enlarged.  I never understood why they were made smaller in the first place.