Author Topic: Need Middle Bottom Old School Two Checklist Piece  (Read 8719 times)

Offline emoticon

Need Middle Bottom Old School Two Checklist Piece
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone have an extra middle bottom piece for the OLS 2 checklist? I purchased one box and am missing this one piece.

It was pretty frustrating opening 24 packs and not getting a single complete checklist. The same thing happened to me with OLS 1 but I digress.

If you want to trade I have plenty of the other checklist pieces except for the left middle or individual stickers.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Need Middle Bottom Old School Two Checklist Piece
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone have an extra middle bottom piece for the OLS 2 checklist? I purchased one box and am missing this one piece.

It was pretty frustrating opening 24 packs and not getting a single complete checklist. The same thing happened to me with OLS 1 but I digress.

If you want to trade I have plenty of the other checklist pieces except for the left middle or individual stickers.

Thanks,
Steve

It took me almost 2 full boxes before I could get a complete puzzle.  I had trouble with piece #1.  I actually prefer it that way because there's a little bit of a challenge.  There will be a ton of extra checklist pieces so completing these will be easy.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline quas

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:16:06 PM »
I had the same problem.  I opened 2 boxes (48 packs) and got only one bottom middle piece.  Statistically I should have gotten about 5 or 6.
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:01:48 AM »
I had the same problem.  I opened 2 boxes (48 packs) and got only one bottom middle piece.  Statistically I should have gotten about 5 or 6.

I got a complete checklist set in my very first box, not too shabby!  And I've gotten three complete puzzles after opening 3 boxes.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »

I've opened two boxes and got two complete puzzles but my extras are heavily to the left upper, left middle, left lower and center pieces... Almost 5:1 compared to other pieces. I like that I have gotten 2 complete base sets out of each box.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline emoticon

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 09:19:04 AM »
It took me almost 2 full boxes before I could get a complete puzzle.  I had trouble with piece #1.  I actually prefer it that way because there's a little bit of a challenge.  There will be a ton of extra checklist pieces so completing these will be easy.

Thanks. I guess the challenge isn't as appealing to me since I don't plan on purchasing any additional boxes. I'll keep looking on Ebay but have only found sketch cards and complete sets for sale up to now.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:07:31 AM »
Thanks. I guess the challenge isn't as appealing to me since I don't plan on purchasing any additional boxes. I'll keep looking on Ebay but have only found sketch cards and complete sets for sale up to now.

I don't think you need to go to ebay - as soon as members here have finished opening all their packs, there will be puzzle pieces aplenty.  If I end up with extras of the piece you need, I'll send it to you, free of charge.  I just don't know yet what I'm going to end up with.

Offline emoticon

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
I don't think you need to go to ebay - as soon as members here have finished opening all their packs, there will be puzzle pieces aplenty.  If I end up with extras of the piece you need, I'll send it to you, free of charge.  I just don't know yet what I'm going to end up with.

Thanks. That's really nice of you! Hopefully I'll have something to trade in return.

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person with this problem. It took 2.5 boxes to complete one puzzle -- I was heavily short on the right side (but I have plenty of the bottom middle!). Maybe this is an homage to series 16, to get us even more nostalgic . . .

Hopefully we can all "equalize" our puzzles soon.
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:35:33 AM »
I haven't opened my OLDS2 packs yet and I have been avoiding the spoiler thread.  I was wondering though about the collation of base set stickers this time around.  In OLDS1, you always got the same three stickers grouped together in a pack so in effect, you could complete the base set by opening only 11 packs.

Is OLDS2 the same way?  Or are the stickers more random this time around?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 07:22:40 AM »
Hi,

Thanks,
Steve
I have an extra bottom middle for you.  I need a middle right.  I opened 20 packs from my only box and got a complete sticker set and 8 of the 9 puzzles so I stopped.  If you don't have a middle right, I need any of the 4 sticker trios: Lush pack, Fool whip pack, Ka Boo Pack, Tarryton pack.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 07:22:54 AM »
Loren,

The collation of base set stickers is the same as series one and I have been getting two complete sets plus six extra cards per box.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »
Loren,

The collation of base set stickers is the same as series one and I have been getting two complete sets plus six extra cards per box.
So I should kill my 4 remaining packs as they will have the 4 remaining trios I need to complete my second set from my one box?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
So I should kill my 4 remaining packs as they will have the 4 remaining trios I need to complete my second set from my one box?

I've only opened two boxes of wrappers but thats what I got... Two complete base sets in each box. I also got one complete puzzle in each box but some others have reported being a puzzle piece or two short. My extras have been heavy on the puzzle upper, middle and lower left pieces.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 09:05:01 AM »

That's the way my boxes have gone - 2 full sets of stickers, and 2 extra packs in each box, so I'd say you should open those last 4 packs. 

I've only gone through 5 boxes, and I need to open more packs and assemble some more base sets - then I'll look into puzzle piece and base sticker trades.  Hopefully I'll be ready by next weekend.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »

The question is, why wouldn't you open the packs?  There are going to be boatloads of unopened packs in the market. 

Offline bandaches

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
The question is, why wouldn't you open the packs?  There are going to be boatloads of unopened packs in the market. 
I just wanted to keep an unopened sample or two.  Silly to have to buy an unopened pack on ebay.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
So everyone is saying they are getting two sets plus extras from a box but that does not answer my question.

Are the stickers collated in distinct groups of three for the packs?  For example, if I open a pack that has:

Fool Whip
Sue Mee
Whylers

will every pack that has a Fool Whip, also have Sue Mee and Whylers?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »
So everyone is saying they are getting two sets plus extras from a box but that does not answer my question.

Are the stickers collated in distinct groups of three for the packs?  For example, if I open a pack that has:

Fool Whip
Sue Mee
Whylers

will every pack that has a Fool Whip, also have Sue Mee and Whylers?

All the ones I opened have been that way. I can post the triplets if desired.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
All the ones I opened have been that way. I can post the triplets if desired.

I have started opening my packs now and I am seeing the triplets.  One thing that is different this time around is that the stickers are put in the packs with the tan-backs facing the front of the pack and the face of the sticker hidden by the checklist.  Therefore, there is no way to tell which pack of triplets you are getting until you open the pack.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 04:09:18 PM »
I just wanted to keep an unopened sample or two.  Silly to have to buy an unopened pack on ebay.

If you want to open them to finish sets I'd be glad to send you a handful of packs.  I have plenty of them!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »
If you want to open them to finish sets I'd be glad to send you a handful of packs.  I have plenty of them!
I just need one pack so I am hoping to scrounge one up at the May show, you going?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
I just need one pack so I am hoping to scrounge one up at the May show, you going?

I'm planning on it but I have a couple issues to work out first.  I have my daughters that weekend, and that Friday night is my girlfriends b-day.  I'll figure something out!

Offline emoticon

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 04:14:18 PM »
I have an extra bottom middle for you.  I need a middle right.  I opened 20 packs from my only box and got a complete sticker set and 8 of the 9 puzzles so I stopped.  If you don't have a middle right, I need any of the 4 sticker trios: Lush pack, Fool whip pack, Ka Boo Pack, Tarryton pack.

That's great. Do you still need a middle right? I have one available.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
That's great. Do you still need a middle right? I have one available.

Did you ever get your bottom middle puzzle piece?  If not, I can help - just PM me your address.

Offline emoticon

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »
Did you ever get your bottom middle puzzle piece?  If not, I can help - just PM me your address.

Thanks! Ernie (Bandaches) traded with me so I finally have a complete puzzle.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »

I'll have one pack at the show for ya...as long as you don't drag me to that nerdy pinball convention :]

Just kidding...I really want to see you a Greg in the steel cage match... ;D

Offline bandaches

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »
I'll have one pack at the show for ya...as long as you don't drag me to that nerdy pinball convention :]

Just kidding...I really want to see you a Greg in the steel cage match... ;D
I very likely will attend the pinball show which is a different weekend from the nonsport show this time.  I wont be making it to the nonsport show unfortunately.  I was so much looking forward to cutting in front of greg on the lunch line again so i could watch him whine about it here.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 11:37:35 AM »
I very likely will attend the pinball show which is a different weekend from the nonsport show this time.  I wont be making it to the nonsport show unfortunately.  I was so much looking forward to cutting in front of greg on the lunch line again so i could watch him whine about it here.

I remember hearing about that...he went on an on over that for weeks...what did you steal the last hot dog in front of him... ;D

anything