Author Topic: ANS5 Variation Checklist  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

ANS5 Variation Checklist
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
Does anyone have a ANS5 Checklist that includes the variation cards?
KIM :)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: ANS5 Variation Checklist
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
Does anyone have a ANS5 Checklist that includes the variation cards?
Full checklist on both of these pages

Greg's site:
http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/5th_2007/

Rusty's site:
http://www.wackypackages2007.com/ans5/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
Full checklist on both of these pages

Greg's site:
http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/5th_2007/

Rusty's site:
http://www.wackypackages2007.com/ans5/

Thank you for posting this Patrick, It was a very big help to me as well.

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
First, thanks for posting. I have checked out Gregs website and found a few errors/questionable things on this checklist which is why I was checking to see if anyone has a correct one.  I am planning on emailing him about it.  For example, his checklist says #21 - AI checklist on back, no other variations.  I currently have a #21 AI with a puzzle piece on the back?

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
I didn't know about rusty though...gonna check that one out too.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:56:44 PM »
Your correct about #21 AI with a puzzle piece on the back and their is no variation for that card.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:03:21 AM »
Your correct about #21 AI with a puzzle piece on the back and their is no variation for that card.

Yes, wasn't it determined that the cards with puzzle pieces on the backs do not have variations but all the other cards in the set do have variations?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »
Great, thanks for the clarification.  That is good to know!  I was going wacko! LOL

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »
and this is the only ans set that has the variations cards?

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »
and this is the only ans set that has the variations cards?
ans3 has two cards with back variations due to a missing copyright on one of the puzzles.
other than that, no, as all the other series were printed with upside right backings. only ans5 was upside down, which screwed up the sheets and created variations.

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »
OH YES! THANKS FOR THAT, FORGOT ABOUT THAT. I DO HAVE THAT IN MY ANS3 CHECKLIST AND AM SEEKING OUT TO COLLECT THOSE TWO CARD VARIATIONS IN MY COLLECTION.  NOW WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH ANS5 VARIATIONS BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO GET ALL THE VARIATIONS FOR MY COLLECTION IF POSSIBLE. UPSIDE DOWN?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »
ans3 has two cards with back variations due to a missing copyright on one of the puzzles.
other than that, no, as all the other series were printed with upside right backings. only ans5 was upside down, which screwed up the sheets and created variations.

I also remember some ANS5's that had the back orientation reversed from the majority of them.  I'm not sure if that's what you are referring to here?  I know there were the non-puzzle pieces that had 2 different backs (this was the common variation), and then there were some that had the backs right-side-up, but these were very limited.  Some guy was selling them on ebay as singles early on. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 03:49:55 PM »
I also remember some ANS5's that had the back orientation reversed from the majority of them.  I'm not sure if that's what you are referring to here?  I know there were the non-puzzle pieces that had 2 different backs (this was the common variation), and then there were some that had the backs right-side-up, but these were very limited.  Some guy was selling them on ebay as singles early on. 
I guess I'm not sure what you're asking.
all I was trying to say was that the ANS5 backs are upside down relative to the artwork on the front of the card. And it's because the printers screwed up and made the backs upside down, which was not what topps wanted, that that's why ANS5 has 28 variation cards.
for all other series, the backs are upside right relative to the front of the card and there are no variations.

anything