Author Topic: Old School Binder Information  (Read 21830 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Old School Binder Information
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 07:12:01 AM »
The Post Card Binders are no longer listed in the Topps Store Wacky Packages Page.  :o

Guess they sold out the quickest of the 3. There was definately the need to put those Postcards somewhere because of their size.

Lets see if they make more now...  :-X

They must have just updated the site because it shows they have about 270 now.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 07:22:04 AM »
They must have just updated the site because it shows they have about 270 now.

Cool, maybe they just ran out over the weekend and just needed to restock. Glad to see people are buying them, they are made very well.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Rod Wad

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 01:37:13 AM »
I like the idea of a series-specific binder.  Regular binders are so expensive one might as well shell out a couple more bucks for a cool design and bonus card!  Whats up with getting these for GPK?!  ;)

wackyone

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 04:42:18 AM »
I would love a binder but at that price i'll pass...over $20 and overpriced shipping?...that's just crazy  :o

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 07:31:59 AM »
I would love a binder but at that price i'll pass...over $20 and overpriced shipping?...that's just crazy  :o

I ordered my binders with an OLDS box purchase. Shipping was cheaper rolled up with other products.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 05:48:29 PM »
If anyone is interested in large numbers of binders (OLDS, Postcards or ANS) wholesale just contact Mike at the Topps Online Store.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2010, 07:08:04 PM »
If anyone is interested in large numbers of binders (OLDS, Postcards or ANS) wholesale just contact Mike at the Topps Online Store.

What is considered a "large number" and is this the same Mike that I talked to at the show?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 10:38:15 AM »
What is considered a "large number" and is this the same Mike that I talked to at the show?

I don't know. They just asked me to post that for them. Mike is the same person.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »
I don't know. They just asked me to post that for them. Mike is the same person.
Is the ANS binder larger than the other two???  Can it hold ALL of the ANS in one binder?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »
Is the ANS binder larger than the other two???  Can it hold ALL of the ANS in one binder?
No, it's the same size as the Old School and Postcard binders.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »
That's why I got 2 of them!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »
I was curious about that.  Thanks for the info.  I only have the old school one.  My daughter got it for me for Father's Day.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »
That's why I got 2 of them!
You must have a lot of extra dough to be able to afford all this stuff.  I have worked hard at the same job for over 20 years now and I cant afford to buy everything.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2010, 07:09:44 PM »
You must have a lot of extra dough to be able to afford all this stuff.  I have worked hard at the same job for over 20 years now and I cant afford to buy everything.
I wrote a couple of songs that did real well in the 80s over in europe, I still get royalties to this day, I invested that money along w/all the money I made touring during that time & it's worked out well for me, then my Father (Pops) died last year & I'm execuetor of the "Estate" (Quite sizable) and there's nobody left but me & Mom, my Brother died 9 years ago in October. But I will not spend a PENNY of it though until my Mother is gone...and I hope that's a long long time from now!!!  :-[

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2010, 09:42:49 PM »

How do I contact him at the online store, I've written him e-mails before and he never answered?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2010, 10:32:49 PM »
How do I contact him at the online store, I've written him e-mails before and he never answered?
Try calling him at the (support) # at the "Topps Online" store, I've always got in touch w/him there.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2010, 05:20:25 AM »
I wrote a couple of songs that did real well in the 80s over in europe, I still get royalties to this day, I invested that money along w/all the money I made touring during that time & it's worked out well for me, then my Father (Pops) died last year & I'm execuetor of the "Estate" (Quite sizable) and there's nobody left but me & Mom, my Brother died 9 years ago in October. But I will not spend a PENNY of it though until my Mother is gone...and I hope that's a long long time from now!!!  :-[
Sorry to hear about all the tragic events.  I knew your father had passed, Not sure I knew about your brother. I am one out of 8 kids so we grew up kind of poor.  Mom was a single parent for a long time and had a dead beat dad, so we really didnt have a pot to piss in.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 07:48:16 AM »

Gary, you probably have plenty of money……..it's your priorities that are probably out of whack.  You probably use your money for kids and family, house, etc. instead of your hobby.  You deserve to be able to buy more Wackys!! :]     
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »
I suppose you are right, but I do have to feed and clothe the kids that are under 18 and I am a single parent.....I feel guilty sometimes when I spend money on myself/ :-\

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2010, 08:04:12 AM »
I suppose you are right, but I do have to feed and clothe the kids that are under 18 and I am a single parent.....I feel guilty sometimes when I spend money on myself/ :-\

Clothes for your kids?  Let them fend for themselves!  It will toughen them up and you'll actually be helping them in the longrun!  Now go buy yourself that TM series 16 puzzle piece!!  LOL

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2010, 08:09:06 AM »
LOL....Actually, its the TR    :D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »
LOL....Actually, its the TR    :D

TR?  oh yah, that's the tougher one…..I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2010, 08:18:15 AM »
That is mighty kind of you!!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »

What songs did you write?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »
I wrote a couple of songs that did real well in the 80s over in europe, I still get royalties to this day, I invested that money along w/all the money I made touring during that time & it's worked out well for me

That's very cool Ron! Great that you still get royalties too.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »
That's very cool Ron! Great that you still get royalties too.
Thanks John! "Shocking & Lucky" is more like it! LOL :P

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010, 08:01:45 PM »

Head and Bolders, Have you considered the benefits of clothing the kids in all those extra WP stickers laying around? The ANS1 thru ANS4 series got my daughter through middle-school. Smart and stylish. Water resistant (but not proof). Now if Topps would only fortify the stickers with essential vitamins and minerals, I could solve that nagging breakfast issue as well. It is the most important meal of the day, doncha-know?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

wackyone

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »
Is the ANS binder larger than the other two???  Can it hold ALL of the ANS in one binder?

back to this question...are you telling me that you can't fit all 6 ANS cards in that binder?
you must show all the back and no doubling up?,,,seems to me it should all fit easy..how thick are they?...1,1/2"

well i just broke down and order some binders...
and the set of S6 postcards,,,just to get the bonus card..people are askin' $12-20 for that card  :-[
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:40:28 AM by wackyone »

wackyone

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »
jezz don't all rush in at once to answer this post  :^)

anyway my binders showed up today and all i can say is WOW  ;D
very nice and great quality,i love the backs as well
i stand corrected...these are worth the money

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »
jezz don't all rush in at once to answer this post  :^)

anyway my binders showed up today and all i can say is WOW  ;D
very nice and great quality,i love the backs as well
i stand corrected...these are worth the money

They are very nice. I do wish they were a bit thicker but I suppose that means you have to order more then one. I haven't tried to fill the ans book yet so you will have to let us know. I ordered more sleeves for the postcard album because I ran out. I think that one may only hold another set or 2 before getting too big. Since the first few series are signed and numbered I included all cards and the later sets I just put in one set of each and filled another pocket with the COA's. Really nice!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2010, 06:20:02 PM »
They are very nice. I do wish they were a bit thicker but I suppose that means you have to order more then one. I haven't tried to fill the ans book yet so you will have to let us know. I ordered more sleeves for the postcard album because I ran out. I think that one may only hold another set or 2 before getting too big. Since the first few series are signed and numbered I included all cards and the later sets I just put in one set of each and filled another pocket with the COA's. Really nice!

Is the ANS binder the same thickness as the OS and postcard binders (I haven't purchased the ANS yet)? If so, it will definitely take more than one to fit the current 6 ANS sets into. I have all my ANS in one fairly fat binder now and comparing it to my postcard and OS binder, might even be a tight fit for 2 binders when ANS7 (and any other sets in this series) is released. 
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2010, 07:29:17 PM »
I have all my ANS in one fairly fat binder now and comparing it to my postcard and OS binder, might even be a tight fit for 2 binders when ANS7 (and any other sets in this series) is released. 
Fred mentioned in the ANS7 thread that there should be a new ANS binder released on the topps website with the ANS7 release

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2010, 08:24:04 PM »
Is the ANS binder the same thickness as the OS and postcard binders (I haven't purchased the ANS yet)? If so, it will definitely take more than one to fit the current 6 ANS sets into. I have all my ANS in one fairly fat binder now and comparing it to my postcard and OS binder, might even be a tight fit for 2 binders when ANS7 (and any other sets in this series) is released. 
[/quote

The ANS binder is the same thickness as the other 2.

eman

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
What songs did you write?
I noticed Ron’s response to this question was silence.
If I wrote 6 notes for a Zamfir pan flute sonata, I’d be bragging up a storm.
[expando]http://www.travel-golf.org/images/a__fake_indians_pan_flute.jpg[/expando]

wackyone

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2010, 02:16:23 AM »
Well i loaded all my ANstuff into one binder...fits great with room for a couple more series yet  ;D
I doubled up cause i really don't like the distraction of the backs.

I forgot how wonderfull and colorfull the new series are and it was fun goin' through them all again.
Both new binders are 1,1/2" thick.I have all my 1-16th series in a 1,1/2" as well,,,it a tight fit
I see on the OS binder it says Series 1 on the bottom of the spine.I guess that means another binder for the 2nd set?
I really like my binders full and not just a few pages or so in them,maybe they should have just waited for the 2nd set to come out and combined the artwork and did just one OS binder??...i wonder how many series they even anticipate?