Author Topic: RUSH - Time Machine Concert  (Read 2555 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
RUSH - Time Machine Concert
« on: March 26, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »
I'm pretty stoked!  I just got a couple of tickets to see Rush on their "Time Machine" tour.  Going to see them next Friday, April 1st, in Greensboro, NC with Dave C. (our very own Plastered Peanut!)

One of the highlights of this show is that they will be playing the entire "Moving Pictures" album in its entirety.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: RUSH - Time Machine Concert
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
I'm pretty stoked!  I just got a couple of tickets to see Rush on their "Time Machine" tour.  Going to see them next Friday, April 1st, in Greensboro, NC with Dave C. (our very own Plastered Peanut!)

One of the highlights of this show is that they will be playing the entire "Moving Pictures" album in its entirety.

That is awesome!. I've seen them several times. Always a great show. My fave show was back in the 90's and they played the entire "Hemispheres" LP. It was f*ckin' sweet!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »

Neil Peart is still awesome too. You should hear at least one fantastic solo from him.  He hasn't lost much with his age.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »
I saw them twice back in early 1980's. Your right about the drumming of Pert. Pretty good show then.

Frank

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
Neil Peart is still awesome too. You should hear at least one fantastic solo from him.  He hasn't lost much with his age.

Neil is probably the greatest rock drummer ever!  He will definitely have a solo spot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Machine_Tour

Offline exceedrin

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 06:37:56 PM »
I'm pretty stoked!  I just got a couple of tickets to see Rush on their "Time Machine" tour.  Going to see them next Friday, April 1st, in Greensboro, NC with Dave C. (our very own Plastered Peanut!)

Love Rush! I've pretty much not missed a tour starting with Moving Pictures.
Best show...hmmm....probably on the Power Windows tour at the Spectrum,
because Blue Oyster Cult, another favorite, opened for them. It's hard to pick!

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
Love Rush! I've pretty much not missed a tour starting with Moving Pictures.
Best show...hmmm....probably on the Power Windows tour at the Spectrum,
because Blue Oyster Cult, another favorite, opened for them. It's hard to pick!

I saw that tour as well.  That was the only time I got to see B.O.C.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

Saw this tour over the summer! Best seats I ever had at a concert. You will not be disappointed!

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
The Rush concert was delayed until Saturday night.  Meeting Dave C. tomorrow afternoon for an early dinner and some Wacky trading and then on to the show!!

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »
BustedF...

How was the show? :o

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »
BustedF...

How was the show? :o

Sorry I haven't posted a review yet!  I can tell you that the concert was incredible!!  I had seen Rush six times prior to this concert and after seeing this tour, I can honestly say that I don't think that I will ever have to see them again in concert!  I know that sounds weird but the show was so good that I don't see how they themselves could ever top it!  It was the perfect mix of old classic Rush tunes with just a small spinkling of new stuff.  When I went to the R30 concert back in 2004, they played so many new songs that I only knew about half the songs they played.

Obviously, the highlight of the show was "Moving Pictures"  When "Tom Sawyer" kicked off, the crowd went wild and they delivered the entire album with amazing precision and clarity.  When they got to side 2 of the album (try asking a kid today what "side 2" means), Dave and I were blown away.  "The Camera Eye" is an incredible song and hearing it live for the first time was awe-inspiring.  "The Witch Hunt" is another great song and I kept getting goose-bumps listening to it.

If you get a chance to catch this tour, by all means do it!!

Here is a pic of Dave and I before the concert.  I am the one holding the BustedFinger sticker!!

anything