Author Topic: Old School Sketch Registry List  (Read 79404 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Old School Sketch Registry List
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »
You can add another Pupsi, Ajerx & Chicken Fat to the list.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
Jay was wondering about rather he did 2 of each colored sketch which motivated me to make a paste up of all the colored sketches that there are only one of:

If there is another way to insert images I have not figured it out.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »
Yes, I threw in a couple of 10's in there. 

You really think there were 25 Dr Ono's even though we haven't seen it yet?  Jay mentioned on the other forum that he is going to ask Topps for the list so between Dave and Jay hopefully it will eventually be revealed.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
I never posted an image of my beanie dummy character, so I'm experimenting here to see if I can make it work...

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
You really think there were 25 Dr Ono's even though we haven't seen it yet?  Jay mentioned on the other forum that he is going to ask Topps for the list so between Dave and Jay hopefully it will eventually be revealed.
For some reason I thought a couple of them popped up, no?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »

When you are replying, click the link that says "Additional Options" and then you can Attach a file by clicking the Browse button.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
No Dr onos have shown up. The odds of there being 25 of them and none showing up after 15% of the lot have been cataloged would probably be something like 1 in 1000, that is unless the randomization is really bad and they are all sitting in the pile at Topps. My guess is there is around 10 of them give or take a few.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2010, 07:19:51 PM »
When you are replying, click the link that says "Additional Options" and then you can Attach a file by clicking the Browse button.

Ok thanks

Offline bandaches

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »
Um, I think I said I assigned the number 25 to that title thinking some had shown up. If none have shown up yet then I definitely think the 10 rating is warranted.   
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
You can now add the following to the sketch list:
Capn Crud
Gadzooka boy with color bubble
Ajerx
2 Dums

When I found the color Dr Popper sketch it came from an unsealed envelope. Does anyone recall pulling color sketches from unsealed envelopes?

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2010, 08:42:41 PM »
This is the first I've heard of an unsealed envelope. I have one that was barely sealed but I have never gotten a color sketch.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 08:50:59 PM »
You can now add the following to the sketch list:
Capn Crud
Gadzooka boy with color bubble
Ajerx
2 Dums

When I found the color Dr Popper sketch it came from an unsealed envelope. Does anyone recall pulling color sketches from unsealed envelopes?
I had 1 (un-sealed) "envelope" I pulled a B&W "Pupsi-dog" Sketch.
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »
This is the first I've heard of an unsealed envelope. I have one that was barely sealed but I have never gotten a color sketch.
I received one sketch that was not in protective plastic but no unsealed envelops.  I still have a sealed display box that I plan to keep so I will never know what is in box #9.....

wackyone

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2010, 09:23:01 PM »
I still have a sealed display box that I plan to keep so I will never know what is in box #9.....

ahh,,come on open it...i bet it has a color card in it ;)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
ahh,,come on open it...i bet it has a color card in it ;)
LOL, I don't want to risk breaking my streak of opening boxes and pulling no duplicate sketches  ;D

If I pulled a color one, I would sell it, I have no interest in the color ones.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:10 PM »
LOL, I don't want to risk breaking my streak of opening boxes and pulling no duplicate sketches  ;D

If I pulled a color one, I would sell it, I have no interest in the color ones.
Maybe it's got a black & white Dr. Ono!!!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »
Maybe it's got a black & white Dr. Ono!!!
Yeah yeah, tease me like that!  You have gotten to know me too well and know I would probably keep a tough B&W!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »
Pupsi Dog is the only sketch I have.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »

My color sketch was in an unsealed envelope also.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:57 AM »
That one if fantastic.

Hi Dave, I am curious if you had any disussion with Topps prior to the release about how the sketch cards and logo stickers would be inserted?  Was there any discussion about the possibility of putting them in packs instead of an envelope?  There are obvious pros and cons that come to mind and I just wondering what was the deciding factor?

Offline Kook

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 08:54:54 AM »
My color sketch was in an unsealed envelope also.

When I found my color sapzzles, it was also in an unsealed envelope. Every box I have received after that has had a sealed envelope, and many have been very difficult to open without tearing them up.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 09:24:19 AM »
Hi Dave, I am curious if you had any disussion with Topps prior to the release about how the sketch cards and logo stickers would be inserted?  Was there any discussion about the possibility of putting them in packs instead of an envelope?  There are obvious pros and cons that come to mind and I just wondering what was the deciding factor?

Since the 5x7's couldn't fit in a pack I came up with the envelope idea. If those normal card shaped ones went into a pack they would still have had a need for the envelope. Plus they were able to put the little plastic thingy on the sketch cards this way. Originally no envelopes were sealed. The first print run had all the boxes packed with unsealed envelopes and was packed at Topps. When the error happened they had to remove all the envelopes before destroying the boxes. To speed things up during the replacement print they shipped all the envelopes sealed to the printer to box instead so it could also be shrink wrapped at the same place. The color sketches being in unsealed envelopes (so far) is news to me. I will check it out.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 11:01:07 AM »
Since the 5x7's couldn't fit in a pack I came up with the envelope idea. If those normal card shaped ones went into a pack they would still have had a need for the envelope. Plus they were able to put the little plastic thingy on the sketch cards this way. Originally no envelopes were sealed. The first print run had all the boxes packed with unsealed envelopes and was packed at Topps. When the error happened they had to remove all the envelopes before destroying the boxes. To speed things up during the replacement print they shipped all the envelopes sealed to the printer to box instead so it could also be shrink wrapped at the same place. The color sketches being in unsealed envelopes (so far) is news to me. I will check it out.

Thanks, I would love to see the sketch cards inserted into packs for future series because it adds to the excitement of opening packs.  They would be more susceptible to damage though, and it would take away the guarantee of one sketch per box, so there are pros and cons.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 02:10:56 PM »
I would like to see more randomization of the pack collation next time.  While it is kind of cool to be able to pull exactly 11 packs and know you will get a complete base set, I think this has severely cut down on base card trading.  In fact, it seems the only people trading base cards are those who got oddball packs that were either short a title or doubled-up on some title.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 02:55:21 PM »
Jay was wondering about rather he did 2 of each colored sketch which motivated me to make a paste up of all the colored sketches that there are only one of:

(Image removed from quote.)

You can click on the additional options on below when you type in your reply to upload a picture.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 03:31:17 PM »
Damn what I wouldn't give to land that colored Batz vampire!

Actually, what I wouldn't give to have back the b&w Batz vampire that I foolishly sold!
 :(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »

Actually, what I wouldn't give to have back the b&w Batz vampire that I foolishly sold!

I hope you got a lot for it because they haven't show up on ebay. They are still sitting in unopened boxes at topps!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »

I was very surprised you sold that Batz, since you like the scary Wackys so much!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2010, 04:27:33 PM »
I hope you got a lot for it because they haven't show up on ebay. They are still sitting in unopened boxes at topps!
Money-wise, I did just so-so.  I'm sure I could have gotten more knowing now how scarce it seems to be.  That's not what's really bothering me though.  Its that its a "scary" Wacky, I had it in my hands, and now its gone and is going to be a bitch to get one back.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »
I was very surprised you sold that Batz, since you like the scary Wackys so much!
I know.  I screwed up.  I had tunnel vision for a "vintage" character.  Major mistake on my part -- didn't give that sketch a fair shake at all.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
Just some quick notes:

I should have the OLDS binder image tomorrow. The tech guy was out today. The binders should be ready in 2-3 weeks max. They are D-ring and printed binders (no paper inserts) so they are high quality. They don't want me to reveal the bonus item just yet.

Uncut sheets will also be available in about two weeks and they will be under $75 postage included.

There is somewhere around 1000 boxes left give or take.

The available box total count has dropped to 3645 because a UPS truck that was carrying 5 boxes to someone caught on fire and burned up the boxes! Hope there were no color ones in those!

OLDS2 they are tentatively scheduling for October. Depends on some ANS7 stuff that happens.

Lots of interesting things coming up.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
The available box total count has dropped to 3645 because a UPS truck that was carrying 5 boxes to someone caught on fire and burned up the boxes! Hope there were no color ones in those!
Burned up!!  Ok, now we've seen everything!  At least it wasn't the truck carrying all the boxes to Topps, now that would have been a tragedy.   :o

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
Burned up!!  Ok, now we've seen everything!  At least it wasn't the truck carrying all the boxes to Topps, now that would have been a tragedy.   :o
I sure wouldn't have wanted to tell Jay that the sketches were all toast!!!!

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
Just some quick notes:

I should have the OLDS binder image tomorrow. The tech guy was out today. The binders should be ready in 2-3 weeks max. They are D-ring and printed binders (no paper inserts) so they are high quality. They don't want me to reveal the bonus item just yet.

Uncut sheets will also be available in about two weeks and they will be under $75 postage included.

There is somewhere around 1000 boxes left give or take.

OLDS2 they are tentatively scheduling for October. Depends on some ANS7 stuff that happens.

Lots of interesting things coming up.

Is there any chance Topps could get back the 5 remains and try to identify what the sketches were? lol

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
Sorry, due to the boxes religious beliefs they had to be buried immediately.

anything