Author Topic: Old School Sketch Registry List  (Read 79380 times)

Offline DrSushi

Re: Old School Sketch Registry List
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
Pulled today. That Kook might be one of the best next to the paste them anywhere kid, in my opinion. The colors Jay used are fantastic.
That Kook does look fantastic. Nice pull!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »
So it looks like the Kook B & W's is in the running to be one of the 200 drawn.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
So it looks like the Kook B & W's is in the running to be one of the 200 drawn.
Jay introduced a brand new count of 150 into the equation that he didn't list in his original break down.  It is clear this process was dizzying for him as it would be for anyone cranking out 3600 sketches across many months so our peppering him for specifics doesn't seem to be fruitful. 

It is really semantics on whether all of my "200" count titles are switched to "150" as the purpose was to create a rarity index so I am willing to bet that my grid is almost TOTALLY RIGHT in that regard.  Dropping many of the 200's to 150s will catch us about 400 shy of hitting 3650.  I have been refining my counts in my speadsheet.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2010, 04:33:33 PM »
Interesting. I hope all members post what they have aquired so we can keep the tally going.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »
Interesting. I hope all members post what they have aquired so we can keep the tally going.
Here is my list of variations and scans I have compiled so far.  I adjusted possible quantities based on new info.  I have to clean up my nitwits section.  I find this list much easier to navigate than the WOW website duplicate images. Click on the variation column to see the images.

http://www.wackypackage.com/Wacky%20Packs/Old%20School%20Sketches/Old%20School%20Sketches.htm

If anyone has NON Nitwit images and varieties I am missing, please let me know.  I will try to clean up the nitwit section by the weekend.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:13:55 AM by bandaches »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2010, 06:12:48 AM »
Do you count in what you may see on e-bay? I see that the seller Jo-je (something like that) has or had quite a few up there for sale. Unless of course he is a forum member and has counted them in already. Thats a impressive list going, I image it is quite the task to try and keep up with.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2010, 10:13:10 AM »
Here is my list of variations and scans I have compiled so far.  I adjusted possible quantities based on new info.  I have to clean up my nitwits section.  I find this list much easier to navigate than the WOW website duplicate images

http://www.wackypackage.com/Wacky%20Packs/Old%20School%20Sketches/Old%20School%20Sketches.htm

If anyone has NON Nitwit images and varieties I am missing, please let me know.  I will try to clean up the nitwit section by the weekend.
Just to clarify, my "quantity" column is my best guess of total produced, not total found to date.  I still have to clean up some of the counts, especially the 10 and under.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2010, 04:18:18 PM »
So Brads list at the top of this page is tallying the "found to date" titles with the voting I guess. Of course found to date by all forum member here who submitted their finds.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
So Brads list at the top of this page is tallying the "found to date" titles with the voting I guess. Of course found to date by all forum member here who submitted their finds.

It didn't work because you can't vote twice. We will use it as a master list

Offline bandaches

« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »
Here is my list of variations and scans I have compiled so far.  I adjusted possible quantities based on new info.  I have to clean up my nitwits section.  I find this list much easier to navigate than the WOW website duplicate images. Click on the variation column to see the images.

If anyone has NON Nitwit images and varieties I am missing, please let me know.  I will try to clean up the nitwit section by the weekend.
I have updated all of the nitwit titles that I am aware of.  The bolded lines are ones I have scans available.  Please help me complete this with any missing scans and missing titles.  Special thanks to Raw Goo has been a great gatherer of scans for this project!  Again, I will continue to miss scans posted on greg's blackball forum as an ids I create can log in but time out immediately so he has made good on his word to blackball me from there.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
I have updated all of the nitwit titles that I am aware of.  The bolded lines are ones I have scans available.  Please help me complete this with any missing scans and missing titles.  Special thanks to Raw Goo has been a great gatherer of scans for this project!
Here's hoping it works, I'm attempting to attach my dummy scan.  I should note I posted this on the other forum, so you may already have it....

Offline bandaches

« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »
Here's hoping it works, I'm attempting to attach my dummy scan.  I should note I posted this on the other forum, so you may already have it....

Didn't have this one but I am realizing tracking these is crazy, yours is almost exactly like one I catalogged except yours eyes are partially closed.  Thanks for posting this!  Please encourage the others posting sketches on the other forum to post here too since greg has blocked me from reading threads there by making any ids I create timeout after I login.  Thanks!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2010, 03:22:09 AM »
Didn't have this one but I am realizing tracking these is crazy, yours is almost exactly like one I catalogged except yours eyes are partially closed.  Thanks for posting this!  Please encourage the others posting sketches on the other forum to post here too since greg has blocked me from reading threads there by making any ids I create timeout after I login.  Thanks!
Yeah, the nitwit/dummy sketches can be quite similar.  I had thought that you only wanted a representative sample, perhaps I misunderstood.  There are even a couple on ebay now, I believe.  Tracking these could be like trying to keep track of counts of Dums with different numbers of stripes on the hats - difficult, at best. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2010, 05:43:31 AM »
Jay introduced a brand new count of 150 into the equation that he didn't list in his original break down.  It is clear this process was dizzying for him as it would be for anyone cranking out 3600 sketches across many months so our peppering him for specifics doesn't seem to be fruitful. 

It is really semantics on whether all of my "200" count titles are switched to "150" as the purpose was to create a rarity index so I am willing to bet that my grid is almost TOTALLY RIGHT in that regard.  Dropping many of the 200's to 150s will catch us about 400 shy of hitting 3650.  I have been refining my counts in my speadsheet.

If there are less then 50 each of umbrella, cow, dr popper, & possibly Batz wouldn't that make them as scarce as a colored? There are only 50 colored. If colored are selling for $1000+ I would put those sketches in the $300-$500 range. The chef girl has to be up there as well.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2010, 09:49:15 AM »
If there are less then 50 each of umbrella, cow, dr popper, & possibly Batz wouldn't that make them as scarce as a colored? There are only 50 colored. If colored are selling for $1000+ I would put those sketches in the $300-$500 range. The chef girl has to be up there as well.
Price is driven by supply AND demand.  50 colored sketches that are all viewed as equally desireable doesn't equate to 50 dr poppers as a collector doesn't need 50 dr poppers but could in fact want all 50 color sketches.  Your statement only holds water if ALL color collectors ALL decided they only need one color for their collection, we all know that not to be true hence the Colors have sold for much more.  I predict that any black and whites that are of 50 or more will not sustain prices over $200 and hence I have no plans to chase them at $300 and higher levels.  Post Card sketches are in quantities of 50 or less and they don't fetch hundreds each.....maybe some could argue there are fewer post card sketch collectors but I wouldn't say to the tune of causing prices to be 70% lower.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »

I think the colored ones will sell for considerably more based on them being more desirable, even if they b&w's are only 50 or less.  The colored sketch cards are almost being treated like art.  I think the max should be $200.00 for the rare b&w's, but if a b&w Dr Ono popped up on ebay all bets are off!  That would probably go for $500.00 plus right now.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
I think the colored ones will sell for considerably more based on them being more desirable, even if they b&w's are only 50 or less.  The colored sketch cards are almost being treated like art.  I think the max should be $200.00 for the rare b&w's, but if a b&w Dr Ono popped up on ebay all bets are off!  That would probably go for $500.00 plus right now.
Did you see the cow just sold for $500? Leslie didn't bid.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2010, 06:23:22 PM »
Did you see the cow just sold for $500? Leslie didn't bid.

No, I didn't see that.  Any idea who won?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
No, I didn't see that.  Any idea who won?

No idea. Who is our ebay sleuth? I wonder how much the batz will end up? Will know tomorrow.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2010, 06:49:48 PM »
No idea. Who is our ebay sleuth? I wonder how much the batz will end up? Will know tomorrow.

I'm not sure who that is.  Bubble Yuk is probably the rarest we've seen so far. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »
I know the Beanie Guy/Random Nitwit is a pretty common "exotic", but this one I just got looks incomplete - he's kind of like a floating head!

Offline quas

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »
Perhaps he could be referred to as a "half-wit."
Marc

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »
I know the Beanie Guy/Random Nitwit is a pretty common "exotic", but this one I just got looks incomplete - he's kind of like a floating head!

I like it. It must of been while Jay was rushing to finish and late at night !!!  :D

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »
Here is the latest update:

aquax  56
fishbone 54
kook  52
Chicken fat  51
Hungry Jerk  48
spazzles   43
Ajerx   42
Dums  43
Pupsi  43
Qreep   41
cheddarfield  33
Cap n crud  33
15th ave guy   31
Gadzooka woman  30
Quacker oats  30
Koduck  28
Gadzooka boy  26
demented  25
guy with hair that looks like Dums  14
Chef girl ar dee  12
Dr popper  9
umbrella  8
Batz Dracula   8
Bubble yuk Cow  3

If you count the Bubble Yuk that sold on ebay for $500 that makes 4 of them, but I do not know if that originated as one of the 3 on this list. I tend not to count Ebay sketches because I do not know for sure where they originated, and dont want to count twice, and some of the sellers on ebay could be pulling batz, umbrella and bubble yuk and selling them on the side or keeping them, thus skewing the count further against them if I count the common ones that they are throwing up on ebay.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »
That's an interesting list. I realize it only shows a small portion of all sketches found but it also shows a good pattern to what titles are more readily available.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
I just found out that Leslie also pulled a colored Qreep. That has been about it for the last 2 weeks of colored sketches.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »
There's around 20% on there now, that's a pretty good representation. Has anyone come up with a list from Topps yet?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »
There's around 20% on there now, that's a pretty good representation. Has anyone come up with a list from Topps yet?
Nothing has shown up. I think Jay or Dave was going to inquire but we haven't seen anything. Sure would be great to see the list.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »
I don't know if anyone is tracking minor sketch variations, but my second Batz has a vest, with the stripes in the opposite direction from the one I posted here originally.

In the realm of very minor, I just noticed that one of my four Qreeps has 7 stitches on his face, while the rest have 6.  That one might leave less of a scar!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2010, 02:32:08 PM »
I don't know if anyone is tracking minor sketch variations, but my second Batz has a vest, with the stripes in the opposite direction from the one I posted here originally.

In the realm of very minor, I just noticed that one of my four Qreeps has 7 stitches on his face, while the rest have 6.  That one might leave less of a scar!

I don't believe we are. The small stuff isn't that big of a deal but I believe a piece of clothing different is a big deal as some have tried to collect both Batz; one with the vest and one without.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2010, 10:50:05 AM »
Got a couple more to add to the registry. That square Nit just cracked me up when I pulled him.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »
Got a couple more to add to the registry. That square Nit just cracked me up when I pulled him.

That reminds me of one of my favorite movies from the 70's:  West World
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
That reminds me of one of my favorite movies from the 70's:  West World

Westworld is awesome. I just watched it about 3 months ago streaming through netflix.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
Westworld is awesome. I just watched it about 3 months ago streaming through netflix.

I have it on VHS.  Need to see if it is available on DVD.  I loved the special effects of the robot's vision (just like that sketch card).
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline ROID

« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2010, 07:26:57 PM »
Westworld has been on DVD for the past 10 years. Some decent prices on Ebay.