Author Topic: Old School Sketch Registry List  (Read 79351 times)

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: Old School Sketch Registry List
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2010, 03:05:55 AM »
having two forums sucks.

Dave, technically three forums - this one, Greg's old one (back open for posting but hardly anyone is posting there) and Greg's new one.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2010, 09:26:20 AM »
Dave, technically three forums - this one, Greg's old one (back open for posting but hardly anyone is posting there) and Greg's new one.
And has anyone else logged in to all three at the same time, and just switched back and forth while reading/posting about the same topic?
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline jeffcaff

Old School Sketch Registry List Please Add Dr Ono Color
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »
I just pulled the Dr Ono Color saying "Oh No" so you can add this to the registry list.  I will try to get you a scanned image later in the week.  Also, Topps just updated their website and there are now 500 additional boxes available for sale of the Old School Wackies.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: Old School Sketch Registry List Please Add Dr Ono Color
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2010, 11:41:14 AM »
I just pulled the Dr Ono Color saying "Oh No" so you can add this to the registry list.  I will try to get you a scanned image later in the week.  Also, Topps just updated their website and there are now 500 additional boxes available for sale of the Old School Wackies.
Glad to hear they're not "sold out" I think I may get another box or two!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
Nice card! You will have to upload a pic!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »

You got one of the full color Dr Ono's?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »

Congratulations! Was the envelope it came in sealed or unsealed?

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2010, 05:13:31 AM »
I forgot to check whether the envelope was sealed or opened but it is a very nice card.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2010, 09:45:26 PM »
I forgot to check whether the envelope was sealed or opened but it is a very nice card.
You don't remember if the envelope was sealed or not?  Have you come across many unsealed envelopes?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2010, 06:27:18 AM »
You don't remember if the envelope was sealed or not?  Have you come across many unsealed envelopes?
I bought 5 boxes and 1 of them (envelopes) was "un-sealed"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2010, 08:44:41 AM »
I bought 5 boxes and 1 of them (envelopes) was "un-sealed"
and your unsealed one did not contain a colored sketch, correct?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2010, 09:54:16 AM »
and your unsealed one did not contain a colored sketch, correct?
Correct, I believe that one contained the "Kook" Penguin.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
Out of 6 boxes received today, I got Batz, Demented, Koduck and Quacker.  Also got stiffed in 2 boxes.    >:D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »
I realized that my Batz sketch is a little different than the poster - my vampire is wearing a vest, as any self-respecting vampire would do!  So, here's a scan for those tracking "variations."

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
I realized that my Batz sketch is a little different than the poster - my vampire is wearing a vest, as any self-respecting vampire would do!  So, here's a scan for those tracking "variations."

That's cool. The Batz is a toughie. I can't remember if the one I sold had the vest. Are you planning to put it up on ebay to see what it will fetch?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »
That's cool. The Batz is a toughie. I can't remember if the one I sold had the vest. Are you planning to put it up on ebay to see what it will fetch?
I've only seen 2 other Batz scans, and neither had the vest.  It does give him an extra touch of class!  Right now, I'm just figuring on keeping it for my collection.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »
I've only seen 2 other Batz scans, and neither had the vest.  It does give him an extra touch of class!  Right now, I'm just figuring on keeping it for my collection.

I have another 20 boxes coming in Monday. I think I will open them all but it is tough because if these colored sketches don't show up soon then these boxes will be very valuable. My plan is to open these and depending on what I pull to order another 10 or so to keep sealed. The temptation would drive me crazy :-\

Offline bandaches

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »

I've been trying to keep a master list with link to picture of all variations but since greg has blocked me from his forum and some pictures are being posted there, I can't perform this service for everyone.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Out of 6 boxes received today, I got Batz, Demented, Koduck and Quacker.  Also got stiffed in 2 boxes.    >:D
Even with the two missing envelopes, those are great pulls!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
Even with the two missing envelopes, those are great pulls!

Topps will replace them. Just give them a call as they have a different address to ship returns to. They do require the boxes but will send you new sealed boxes. I wonder why they have some boxes missing the envelopes? I only got one like that and they replaced it promptly but then you have to wonder why they were missing and if there are any missing sketches :^)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2010, 04:22:33 AM »
Topps will replace them. Just give them a call as they have a different address to ship returns to. They do require the boxes but will send you new sealed boxes. I wonder why they have some boxes missing the envelopes? I only got one like that and they replaced it promptly but then you have to wonder why they were missing and if there are any missing sketches :^)
Yeah, I had heard before that I'm going to have to pack up the boxes and mail them back.  Seems like a lot of hassle for me (and postage) to correct their mistake.  And 2 out of 6 seemed really odd!  They were together in the stack, 3rd and 4th.  I was very relieved when the 5th box was complete.

I too am wondering where the missing sketches went.  If they inserted the envelopes and then sealed the boxes, when they were done, shouldn't there have been a stack of red envelopes left over from the shorted boxes?  Or, did a lot of people get 2 in a box?  I think Scary Lee reported one box like that.  And, people don't generally complain about getting more than they were supposed to!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:32:01 AM by RawGoo »

Online quas

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »

Super!  I just pulled a 2nd Batz yesterday and noticed that unlike the one I already had, this newly pulled one had the vest!  Thanks for pointing out the variation!  ;D
Marc

Offline bandaches

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
Super!  I just pulled a 2nd Batz yesterday and noticed that unlike the one I already had, this newly pulled one had the vest!  Thanks for pointing out the variation!  ;D
There are variations in the birds on Koduck(big bird variation vs small).  Even more subtle variations would be the lines in the face of the old hag in Gadzooka, the lines in the face of Ajerx.  I have seen some with almost and overdose of lines in the faces of each.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
Yeah, I had heard before that I'm going to have to pack up the boxes and mail them back.  Seems like a lot of hassle for me (and postage) to correct their mistake.  And 2 out of 6 seemed really odd!  They were together in the stack, 3rd and 4th.  I was very relieved when the 5th box was complete.

I too am wondering where the missing sketches went.  If they inserted the envelopes and then sealed the boxes, when they were done, shouldn't there have been a stack of red envelopes left over from the shorted boxes?  Or, did a lot of people get 2 in a box?  I think Scary Lee reported one box like that.  And, people don't generally complain about getting more than they were supposed to!
Jay indicated that my attempt to attach production numbers to sketches was "totally wrong" which makes no sense to me since he gave us the 200-100-80-50-25-10-1 quantity categories and it is painfully obvious that the base 18 sketches are all 100-200 count so maybe I have one or two of those counts mixed up but I have no idea why Jay is calling the counts "totally wrong".  Anyone have any ideas?  Jay?

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2010, 11:24:36 PM »
On the Gadzooka, there are about 150 of the kid and 150 of the old lady.
On the tomato, there are around 100
On the first ones I did, they are mostly 100....Ajerx is about 100... Hungry Jerk is about 150...
I don't remember for sure, though.  Some day Topps will release the count.
But in looking at your list....you had too many 200s.  I think there are probably only 2 that I did that many of...although I forget which two they were.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:26:36 PM by jaylynch »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2010, 02:32:13 PM »
On the Gadzooka, there are about 150 of the kid and 150 of the old lady.
On the tomato, there are around 100
On the first ones I did, they are mostly 100....Ajerx is about 100... Hungry Jerk is about 150...
I don't remember for sure, though.  Some day Topps will release the count.
But in looking at your list....you had too many 200s.  I think there are probably only 2 that I did that many of...although I forget which two they were.
Ok, 150 wasn't one of the distributions you recounted when we created the list.  If we drop many of the 200's to 100 or 150, the total count will come nearly 1000 short of 3650.  I don't expect you could possibly remember the details hence why I was shocked that you were so specific in calling my counts "totally wrong".  I can only go with data I am given so again this is the first time you mentioned 150 counts.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »
Next time I talk to Mike I'll ask him if they can give me the totals of each.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2010, 06:02:57 PM »

I just noticed 4 other variations of sorts and will post them in another topic.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2010, 06:04:12 PM »
Pulled today. That Kook might be one of the best next to the paste them anywhere kid, in my opinion. The colors Jay used are fantastic.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »
Some day Topps will release the count.
That is my Quote of the Day!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »
Pulled today. That Kook might be one of the best next to the paste them anywhere kid, in my opinion. The colors Jay used are fantastic.

Congrats! Those are beautiful. Wow 2 colored ones, and a super cool Beanie guy variation. Major score!

I can't read the caption on the Beanie guy though, it's too blurry.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2010, 08:52:54 PM »
I just input my old school sketch pulls at the top of the thread. Pulled 4 so far: Die Cut Demented, Gadzooka Woman (Teacher), Kook Penguin, Hungry Jerk - All Black & Whites.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »
Congrats! Those are beautiful. Wow 2 colored ones, and a super cool Beanie guy variation. Major score!

Sorry about the pick but I packed it up for shipping before I could take a better picture. It says something ilk phew that stinks

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2010, 02:41:48 AM »

It looks like "Phew! Bad Breath!" to me.  It's very cool, wish the scan were clearer.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2010, 05:34:15 AM »
It looks like "Phew! Bad Breath!" to me.  It's very cool, wish the scan were clearer.
You are right it does say that. I just couldn't remember off the top.

anything