Author Topic: Old School Sketch Registry List  (Read 79348 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Old School Sketch Registry List
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »
This isn't working the way I intended. Will try another method.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:17:37 PM by BumChex »

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Re: Old School Sketch Registry List
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:43:04 AM »
The list above is extensive, but it seems to be missing all of the "exotics." Also, I don't see any way to report multiples of the same title (I got 2 Koducks from my boxes).

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
The list above is extensive, but it seems to be missing all of the "exotics." Also, I don't see any way to report multiples of the same title (I got 2 Koducks from my boxes).
That's the problem with this poll as there is no way to vote again. I don't know if it is possible. I did a lot of research last night and came up blank. I will see what I can come up with and let everyone know. For now this is just a reference list.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »
I think most people are using the list I had posted on the ex-forum.  I skipped the exotics as it was painful to keep the details of the same character looking left or to the right or with a big nose, or with a flabby nose.  I guess if I have time, I will add them to the list but in general I was finding very few people who were trying to collect many of them, the focus is as I predicted it would be, a focus on getting past wacky pack characters.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »
I think most people are using the list I had posted on the ex-forum.  I skipped the exotics as it was painful to keep the details of the same character looking left or to the right or with a big nose, or with a flabby nose.  I guess if I have time, I will add them to the list but in general I was finding very few people who were trying to collect many of them, the focus is as I predicted it would be, a focus on getting past wacky pack characters.

Ern, I totally plagiarized your list. You get all the credit on this one.! I was testing out the poll to see if we could add more votes for people that have more then one of the same card. I found out tonight there is no way for a person to vote again without a major overhaul of the voting options in the code. As it sits this will only be used as a list for people to see what is available. We could add the on-offs but what do you call the characters?

Offline quas

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:24:23 AM »
Perhaps, once Topps has finally sold out of Old School boxes, ask everyone to provide individual lists of what they have as of a particular date like May 31(including what they might have listed on ebay at the time)?  Just throwing that out there as an idea..............feel free to refine it or to simply stomp on it!  8)
Marc

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »
Ok here is my updated list:

fishbone 40
Chicken fat  38
aquax  37
Hungry Jerk  33
Qreep   32
spazzles   31
kook  31
Ajerx   31
Dums  29
Pupsi  28
cheddarfield  25
15th ave guy   25
Koduck  23
Cap n crud  22
Gadzooka boy  21
Quacker oats  18
Gadzooka woman  17
demented  12
guy with hair that looks like Dums  12
umbrella  6
Dr popper  6
Chef girl ar dee  6
Batz Dracula   5
Bubble yuk Cow  3

People can just post here what they have pulled and I will add them. Just don't double up and tell me something that was already posted at the old forum.

I have long forgotten everything that I have actually pulled, sold and traded away so it would be difficult for me to participate in the above poll.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
Those numbers seem really low but are probably pretty good. I am surprised that the Chef girl is only at 6. There is even one on ebay that has been there for a few days. If it's that low I am surprised no one bought it for the $130. I am also surprised about the Spaz kids because I think I have all 31 of them...LOL

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
These numbers are not perfect and I have not been counting every one that has shown up on ebay. It would actually possibly skew the numbers if I did, because some sellers might be selling rare sketches right to their customers instead of putting them on ebay and incurring heavy fees. This wouldn't have been an issue 4 or so years ago but ebays fees are now outrageously high. But yeah I agree, the numbers seem a bit out of wack. I have maybe as many as 8 Qreeps after I get one in a trade lol. It's not perfect but it is rather representative of rarity so that we can gauge what might be at the 200 as opposed to the 100 card level. I think it's now clear that Batz through Umbrella are at the 50 card level and its not clear rather Bubble yuk is at the 25 or 50 card level. I am guessing that the random nitwit I had early on and sold for around $140 is at the 10 card level, as is Dr Ono in all likelihood. There is a color version of the random nitwit I am referring to on the Wacky sketch poster.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »
These numbers are not perfect and I have not been counting every one that has shown up on ebay. It would actually possibly skew the numbers if I did, because some sellers might be selling rare sketches right to their customers instead of putting them on ebay and incurring heavy fees. This wouldn't have been an issue 4 or so years ago but ebays fees are now outrageously high. But yeah I agree, the numbers seem a bit out of wack. I have maybe as many as 8 Qreeps after I get one in a trade lol. It's not perfect but it is rather representative of rarity so that we can gauge what might be at the 200 as opposed to the 100 card level. I think it's now clear that Batz through Umbrella are at the 50 card level and its not clear rather Bubble yuk is at the 25 or 50 card level. I am guessing that the random nitwit I had early on and sold for around $140 is at the 10 card level, as is Dr Ono in all likelihood. There is a color version of the random nitwit I am referring to on the Wacky sketch poster.

I'm smellin' what your cooking now! ;D

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 03:54:35 PM »
Perhaps, once Topps has finally sold out of Old School boxes, ask everyone to provide individual lists of what they have as of a particular date like May 31(including what they might have listed on ebay at the time)?  Just throwing that out there as an idea..............feel free to refine it or to simply stomp on it!  8)
I think picking a time when the flow of sketches is static is a great idea as chasing the moving target now is difficult.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
You have done a great job with this so I applaud your efforts.  Do you recall either of these possible variations:

Pupsi with no "burb" text.
Chicken Fat with "keep on Cluckin"

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »
You have done a great job with this so I applaud your efforts.  Do you recall either of these possible variations:

Pupsi with no "burb" text.
Chicken Fat with "keep on Cluckin"

I have a scan of the "Keep on Cluckin'!" Chicken Fat sketch.  I can't post it here though, as I don't have any online storage set up.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
I have a scan of the "Keep on Cluckin'!" Chicken Fat sketch.  I can't post it here though, as I don't have any online storage set up.
Can you email it to me bandaches@yahoo.com

I may make an effort to save all images I can find and then hook them up to my master list including exotics so you can click from the list to see the image.  Daunting task but since I took the effort to make the master list, why not go all out if I can find the time?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »

When you post a message, there is "additional options" below. That will let you upload an image as an attachment.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
When you post a message, there is "additional options" below. That will let you upload an image as an attachment.
Oops, I guess I misunderstood one of Brad's posts about uploads.  Here's the sketch:

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 04:55:41 PM »
Can you email it to me bandaches@yahoo.com

I may make an effort to save all images I can find and then hook them up to my master list including exotics so you can click from the list to see the image.  Daunting task but since I took the effort to make the master list, why not go all out if I can find the time?
I posted it here, my misunderstanding of this new forum.

I saved a bunch of images from the forum and ebay last weekend.  LMK if I can help.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
I pulled another Qreep and a Dums
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline bandaches

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 05:13:48 PM »
I posted it here, my misunderstanding of this new forum.

I saved a bunch of images from the forum and ebay last weekend.  LMK if I can help.

Can you please email them all to me at bandaches@yahoo.com?  I just need one image of each variation.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »
Big thanks to John Frick for the sketch trade!  Got it today. LMK when yours arrives.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 06:30:48 PM »
 :'(

The best option would be if Dave could get Topps to release the master list of what Jay produced.  How cool would that be?!!  I think we're going to be surprised at how low a % of total sketches that we represent relative to how many were done.  If we represent like 25% who has all of the others? 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 06:31:48 PM »
I will see what I can do concerning the list. Probably not until next week though.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »
I will see what I can do concerning the list. Probably not until next week though.

That would be awesome.  It would be fine to wait until they sell out too.  It would be cool if we could use John's tally and build an estimate of quantities of each title, and then compare it to the actual list to see how close we were.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »
That would be awesome.  It would be fine to wait until they sell out too.  It would be cool if we could use John's tally and build an estimate of quantities of each title, and then compare it to the actual list to see how close we were.
I did this already and had posted it on the ex-forum, not sure how to post it cleanly as a table but here goes:

Category      Main Character   Variation                Quantity
Diecut        Demented                Color                1
Diecut        Demented                B&W                50
Old School   15th Avenue Guy   Color(dark red)   1
Old School   15th Avenue Guy   Color(red)   1
Old School   15th Avenue Guy   B&W                200
Old School   Batz                             color                1
Old School   Batz                             B&W                25
Old School   Bubble Yuk                Color(purple)   1
Old School   Bubble Yuk                Color(red)   1
Old School   Bubble Yuk   B&W   25
Old School   Chedderfield   color(green)   1
Old School   Chedderfield   color(red)   1
Old School   Chedderfield   color(two tone olive/green)   1
Old School   Chedderfield   color(two tone red/orange)   1
Old School   Chedderfield   B&W   200
Old School   Qweep   Color   1
Old School   Qweep   B&W   200
Old School   Spazzles   Color(green)   1
Old School   Spazzles   Color(red)   1
Old School   Spazzles   B&W   200
Original Series   Ajerx   Color "Ajerx Rules"   1
Original Series   Ajerx   Color "Use Ajerx"   1
Original Series   Ajerx   B&W Eyepatch/Hat "Ajerx Rules"   10
Original Series   Ajerx   B&W "Ajerx Rules"   200
Original Series   Aquax   Color   1
Original Series   Aquax   B&W   200
Original Series   CapnCrud   Color(closeup)   1
Original Series   CapnCrud   Color(dark red closeup)   1
Original Series   CapnCrud   Color(red)   1
Original Series   CapnCrud   Color(red) "This cruds for you"   1
Original Series   CapnCrud   B&W   200
Original Series   Chef Girl   Color   1
Original Series   Chef Girl   Color(two tone)   1
Original Series   Chef Girl   B&W   50
Original Series   Chicken Fat   Color "Cock a doodle burp"   1
Original Series   Chicken Fat   Color "My liposuction is your Schmaltz"   1
Original Series   Chicken Fat   B&W(india ink wash)   10
Original Series   Chicken Fat   B&W "Keep on Cluckin"   25
Original Series   Chicken Fat   B&W   200
Original Series   Dr. Ono   Color "I'm not a doctor…"   1
Original Series   Dr. Ono   Color "oh no"   1
Original Series   Dr. Ono   B&W   25
Original Series   Dr. Popper   Color "Heads Up"   1
Original Series   Dr. Popper   Color "I dig Pop Culture"   1
Original Series   Dr. Popper   B&W   50
Original Series   Dums   Color(Purple/blue)   1
Original Series   Dums   Color(red/green)   1
Original Series   Dums   B&W   200
Original Series   Fish Bone Guy   Color   1
Original Series   Fish Bone Guy   Color "so ve et"   1
Original Series   Fish Bone Guy   B&W   200
Original Series   Gadzooka kid   Color(Blue background/red shirt)   1
Original Series   Gadzooka kid   Color(red background/blue shirt)   1
Original Series   Gadzooka kid   B&W(gold bubble)   100
Original Series   Gadzooka Woman   Color(blue)   1
Original Series   Gadzooka Woman   Color(red)   1
Original Series   Gadzooka Woman   B&W   100
Original Series   Hungry Jerk   Color(blue)   1
Original Series   Hungry Jerk   Color(red)   1
Original Series   Hungry Jerk   B&W   200
Original Series   Koduck   Color   1
Original Series   Koduck   Color "this is a Koduck moment"   1
Original Series   Koduck   B&W   200
Original Series   Kook   Color   1
Original Series   Kook   Color(multi tone)   1
Original Series   Kook   B&W   200
Original Series   Pupsi   Color "For Those Who Think Canine"   1
Original Series   Pupsi   Color "The paws that refreshes"   1
Original Series   Pupsi   B&W "burp"   200
Original Series   Quacker   Color(Blue over Red)   1
Original Series   Quacker   Color(Red over Blue)   1
Original Series   Quacker   B&W   100
Original Series   Umbrella Lady   B&W   50
Original Series   Wrapper   Color "paste Any place"   1
Original Series   Wrapper   Color "stick em anywhere"   1
Original Series   Wrapper   B&W   25

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »
Ern, sorry I didn't quote you but it would be quite long but that is the same list I have in the poll up above. It's a poll but you can't vote more then once so I am just leaving it for reference. I can't insert but I can add to the list. Just let me know what to add.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »
Ern, sorry I didn't quote you but it would be quite long but that is the same list I have in the poll up above. It's a poll but you can't vote more then once so I am just leaving it for reference. I can't insert but I can add to the list. Just let me know what to add.
I reposted it so I can show everyone the tentative title production breakdown based on feedback from John Frick and review of ebay auctions and such.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »
I reposted it so I can show everyone the tentative title production breakdown based on feedback from John Frick and review of ebay auctions and such.

What format do you have the table data in now? If it looks good as a DOC or PDF file, those are both valid file types to upload here.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 10:20:20 PM »
What format do you have the table data in now? If it looks good as a DOC or PDF file, those are both valid file types to upload here.
excel spreadsheet.  Is there a way to upload a spreadsheet here?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »
excel spreadsheet.  Is there a way to upload a spreadsheet here?

I don't think so.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »
However, I found this website
http://tableizer.journalistopia.com/
where you can paste your Excel data into and it will generate a table for you. Maybe then you can copy/paste it here?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 04:02:59 AM »
With the Chicken Fat "Keep on Cluckin'!", I believe Jay said that he did different individual text balloons until he ran out of chicken gags.  So, that one might be a single.  Perhaps as a group of chicken gag Chicken Fat sketches there are 25?

wackyone

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 07:16:48 AM »
Ernie, didn't Jay say there was a "10 quantity" level for some of the B&W's?  I thought it went from 25 to 10 and then to 1?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 10:00:48 PM »
Ernie, didn't Jay say there was a "10 quantity" level for some of the B&W's?  I thought it went from 25 to 10 and then to 1?
Yes, I threw in a couple of 10's in there.