Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread  (Read 125940 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2011, 07:11:22 PM »
I hope there's ANS8 pre-orders in the May 2011 Previews.
yep, officially in the May Previews - with an 08/03/11 street date

TOPPS COMPANY
   MAY11 1395   TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES SERIES 8 STICKER T/C BOX (C: 1-1-2)   08/03/11   SRP: $1.99    = $

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2011, 10:11:26 PM »
Did they say what time Monday? I'm pretty busy and may have to get someone else to start pre-waiting for me.

Remember that on Monday, you can only pre-wait 5 units worth of wait (which is a witt).
When the pre-waiting period is over, you can wait additional witts at that time. But then you can
only wait until you are at witts-end. At that point,  the waiting is over. Or so I have been told.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2011, 11:32:58 PM »
yep, officially in the May Previews - with an 08/03/11 street date

TOPPS COMPANY
   MAY11 1395   TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES SERIES 8 STICKER T/C BOX (C: 1-1-2)   08/03/11   SRP: $1.99    = $
Ya know what kind of gimmick would get me to buy more packs? Not sketch cards. GUM.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2011, 11:55:03 PM »
Ya know what kind of gimmick would get me to buy more packs? Not sketch cards. GUM.

Gum would be awesome.

Sketch cards will undoubtedly move more boxes, but gum would be neat.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2011, 05:33:38 AM »
I've got the perfect solution...

sketches drawn on the sticks of GUM!!!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2011, 05:46:21 AM »

Brilliant! Then we wouldn't have to worry about gum stains on the sketch cards because there would be
a sketch stained on the gum. Nicely done.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:21:21 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2011, 07:17:47 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 2 boxes from them.

Did they charge shipping or is it free over a certain amount / even on pre-orders??

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2011, 07:34:54 AM »
What is the best deal including shipping on two boxes of ANS8 for pre-order? I want to pre-order but always see a cheaper deal rigth after I lock it down?  Please advise,    Thanks,  DrDeal

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »

It's funny but they brought gum back for a short time and then people started complaining they had too much gum and said they preferred getting the stickers that had been displaced.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2011, 09:29:51 AM »

Be careful what you suggest - I'm sure there was a Batman animated series in the last few years that had gum sticks with different drawings on them......  I do not want to be collecting pre-printed Wacky gum pieces!

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
Did they charge shipping or is it free over a certain amount / even on pre-orders??
It was free for economy shipping (3-12)days if you spent 75 dollars or more. It saved me 12-13 bucks over using priority shipping.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
It was free for economy shipping (3-12)days if you spent 75 dollars or more. It saved me 12-13 bucks over using priority shipping.

Thx Dude..that's what I thought...but it didn't seem to show up once you put it in yoour cart..I guess it kicks in when you go to check out?? wanted to make sure...

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »
Midtown comics offers free shipping for orders over $75,  BUT it only applies to book orders. I ordered two boxes of ANS8 and they do not charge for shipping at the time of the pre-order. You will be charged for economy shipping when they ship. I spoke to their cust service dept about this and that is what I was told.

Great Pre-order price of $42.74 pre box but you do have pay shipping.

DrDeal

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2011, 08:41:48 PM »
It's funny but they brought gum back for a short time and then people started complaining they had too much gum and said they preferred getting the stickers that had been displaced.

I am one who would prefer and extra sticker to the gum.  While the gum has a nostalgic kick, I think I probably chewed about two pieces out of all the gum I opened in the ANS. 

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2011, 05:26:56 AM »
I am one who would prefer and extra sticker to the gum.  While the gum has a nostalgic kick, I think I probably chewed about two pieces out of all the gum I opened in the ANS. 

One of the good things about the gum is where I have my boxes stored the gum makes it smell nice everytime you enter...brings you back to the day...even if its only the smell...can't even remember what series had the gum...my boxes are unopened... :P

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
The one thing about the gum that works for me is the smell. I love that smell. It reminds me of back in the late 70's opening tons of baseball cards and having sticks of gum stacked up.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »
I've read that smells can have a strong effect on nostalgia. For me that's the reason I want the gum back. Maybe Topps will catch on and give the wrappers a gum scent.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
I like the gum smell too.  However, I worry about bugs getting into things.  Even with the gum wrapped, I think there's a chance little critters could get at it.  I've stored food items unopened and, while they don't always get messed with, I'd rather not take that chance.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2011, 12:07:29 PM »
I like the gum smell too.  However, I worry about bugs getting into things.  Even with the gum wrapped, I think there's a chance little critters could get at it.  I've stored food items unopened and, while they don't always get messed with, I'd rather not take that chance.

That means that if they produce "Scratch-n-Sniff" gum Wackys or Wrappers, then you might have "Bug Wally" eating your Wackys...Now that's Wacky!!! :o :P

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »
Midtown comics offers free shipping for orders over $75,  BUT it only applies to book orders. I ordered two boxes of ANS8 and they do not charge for shipping at the time of the pre-order. You will be charged for economy shipping when they ship. I spoke to their cust service dept about this and that is what I was told.

DrDeal

I learned today that shipping on a two box pre-order from Midtown will cost $13.99. They only offer priority mail and no economy shipping on pre-orders. This brings the two box total to $99.47  which is retail minus the tax. I canceled my pre-order today as I will just buy them all at retail unless I can find a better deal online.

DrDeal

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
I learned today that shipping on a two box pre-order from Midtown will cost $13.99. They only offer priority mail and no economy shipping on pre-orders. This brings the two box total to $99.47  which is retail minus the tax. I canceled my pre-order today as I will just buy them all at retail unless I can find a better deal online.

DrDeal

Hence another reason why I am being turned off by new Wackys.  Ever since Lockwood dropped out of the picture, it seems we have been paying nearly full retail price for them and I don't think they are worth that much.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2011, 08:14:27 PM »
Potomac has them for just slightly better on shipping, $8.95
I'm having trouble getting to their site tonight, but I could still find the below in Google Cache

PRE-SALE ITEMS   

Wacky Packages Series 8 [2011/Hobby] Box(Jul 27)                      $41   
Wacky Packages Series 8 Case [2011/Hobby/8 boxes](Jul 27)    $308   

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:39:30 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:42 PM »
Potomac has them for just slightly better on shipping, $8.95
I'm having trouble getting to their site tonight, but I could still find the below into in Google Cache

PRE-SALE ITEMS   

Wacky Packages Series 8 [2011/Hobby] Box(Jul 27)                      $41   
Wacky Packages Series 8 Case [2011/Hobby/8 boxes](Jul 27)    $308   

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for posting.  Not a bad deal if one is going to order 4 or more boxes.  I think I'll probably stick with buying at Target or my local comic shop. 

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
Thanks for posting.  Not a bad deal if one is going to order 4 or more boxes.  I think I'll probably stick with buying at Target or my local comic shop. 

I'm with you Tom, For me it will be the local Target, My friend Joe who runs the comic book shop and my friend Darlene at the baseball card store.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »
I think for ANS 8 I will just buy retail. I got too burned with ANS7 looking for sketches without pulling one. Depening on the inserts I may be happy with just the base set. Anyone know all the inserts yet?

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2011, 02:30:13 AM »
I will likely just pre-order one box of ANS8 from my local comic shop.  They don't give me a break at all on the retail, sadly - that's the standard practice for cards and such.  But if my local Target fails to carry them, I would like to at least get a base set or two.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2011, 03:42:09 AM »

Target will work for me,  plus they usually get them one or two weeks before the dealers for the last few releases.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »
I think for ANS 8 I will just buy retail. I got too burned with ANS7 looking for sketches without pulling one. Depening on the inserts I may be happy with just the base set. Anyone know all the inserts yet?

I'm not doing anything until I know whether or not they improved the odds.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »

DrDeal

Thanks, that changes everything.  I wondered why no postage showed up, but when I clicked on show rates it said Free OVER $75. It must not be for stickers, only books, comics, etc.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »
Thanks, that changes everything.  I wondered why no postage showed up, but when I clicked on show rates it said Free OVER $75. It must not be for stickers, only books, comics, etc.

They sent me an email regarding my ques. on pre-order free shipping..answer: NADA - not on pre-orders..only books..

didn't even notice that they don't do economy shipping just 1st class...thx everyone for the head up!!
"Have a Wacky....oh just kidding...."  :P

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »

What is the benefit of you guys doing a pre-order if the price is the same as retail?  Are you expecting to get it earlier than the stores do?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »
I can't see waiting 4 months on a pre-order ;D

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
What is the benefit of you guys doing a pre-order if the price is the same as retail?  Are you expecting to get it earlier than the stores do?

They never have the boxes in the store...and you have to waste time going around to find it...pain in the f*** ass...i don't have time...a least i know i will get it...don 't care if i have to wait...might be better than the erasers...ANS7 was pretty good...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »
They never have the boxes in the store...and you have to waste time going around to find it...pain in the f*** ass...i don't have time...a least i know i will get it...don 't care if i have to wait...might be better than the erasers...ANS7 was pretty good...

Ok, that makes sense.  The pre-orders should be in your hand before the retail stores get them.  If they are weeks behind that would bother me. 

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
Ok, that makes sense.  The pre-orders should be in your hand before the retail stores get them.  If they are weeks behind that would bother me. 

That would be cool if they beat the retail store...but its ok...i don't just order 1 or 2 boxes..that also makes the difference...

anything