Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread  (Read 126752 times)

Offline FourRoses

Re: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread
« Reply #385 on: August 18, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
I don't presume anyone is in need of the B5 found at TRU?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #386 on: August 18, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
One slang meaning for tart:  a prostitute or promiscuous woman.
Not sure how that equates to make up except tarts often use excesses of it.

Thanks for the explanation. If I have to research a joke then the joke is totally lost...LOL I see why Topps didn't use it.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »
I don't presume anyone is in need of the B5 found at TRU?

When and where did you find an ANS8 B5 Bonus Box at a TRU?
This is news to me.
I thought the B5 was Wal*Mart Bonus Box.
Please clarify.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #388 on: August 18, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »
I have not witnessed a bonus box at a Walmart in years. Besides ANS8, I haven't even seen WP's (of any kind) at Walmart in years.

Toys R Us sold me a few bonus boxes (041116217890) this afternoon with the B5 card.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
I have not witnessed a bonus box at a Walmart in years. Besides ANS8, I haven't even seen WP's (of any kind) at Walmart in years.

Toys R Us sold me a few bonus boxes (041116217890) this afternoon with the B5 card.

Thanks for the update. While I have found Wacky's @ Wal*Mart in recent years it has only been loose packs from a gravity feed. I was working under the assumption that I would have to try to purcase the B5 box from Topps or elsewhere. I will now have to check my local TRU first.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »

thanks for this.
I was beginning to think walmart or tru said they would order a bonus box and then balked. Kind of assumed it was walmart initially since tru has had very few bonus boxes over the years.
but since it wasn't showing up at all, I had changed the info to "toppsonline" for the store
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:32:09 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2011, 04:24:31 PM »
I don't get the gag. Seriously, I'm too dumb :'(

To dress up like a tart is generally associated with wearing too much make up and wearing provocative clothes. It's funny to realize there are gags I assume everyone will get, but then that's not the case.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2011, 04:39:41 PM »
To dress up like a tart is generally associated with wearing too much make up and wearing provocative clothes. It's funny to realize there are gags I assume everyone will get, but then that's not the case.

It must be a regional thing...LOL we don't have any tarts in Colorado :]

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »
It must be a regional thing...LOL we don't have any tarts in Colorado :]

It may be a dated thing. I think it's an older term. These days, people use harsher descriptions.
Avaslut doesn't have the same ring. :P

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #394 on: August 18, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »
It may be a dated thing. I think it's an older term. These days, people use harsher descriptions.
Avaslut doesn't have the same ring. :P

Neither does Avavestite :D

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »
Hard to believe that we need this already, but Topps has posted some preview images (including the pack design) on their Wacky Packages Fan Page on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/WackyPackages?ref=ts

For all those who thought I moved to another state or left the planet-LOL. My home has a new computer and it's nice to be on the forum again, Of course if I had to check out the forum for any new pm's There was always the library downtown, But it's much better doing it from your own home. Because there are so many wants on here for ans 8 needs for many members, Please send me a pm as I never know who may have replied to you recently, I hope to help out a lot of you.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:58 PM »
Love your version, Mark.  I still think the one that was done should have been oldschool, since I dont see Pepsi in those kind of bottles anywhere.  maybe its just in Ohio.

You just reminded me speaking about local. We never did get to buy or see those retro versions of Pepsi or Coke with the original mix from the 70's, non fructose plain sugar versions. I was looking and never saw them here in New Jersey.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »

For all those who thought I moved to another state or left the planet-LOL. My home has a new computer and it's nice to be on the forum again, Of course if I had to check out the forum for any new pm's There was always the library downtown, But it's much better doing it from your own home. Because there are so many wants on here for ans 8 needs for many members, Please send me a pm as I never know who may have replied to you recently, I hope to help out a lot of you.

Hey Mark, glad to hear from you again. I have3 seen Pupsi Dog sketches popping up all over in with new series and I was thinking of you when I saw them, but noticed you weren't around. Hope you got everything up and running to your liking with the new computer! I'll shoot you my ANS 8 wants/need list.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #398 on: August 18, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
Does anyone know if you buy the blister packs from Topps on-line store whether or not they will send you "one of each" if you buy them in sets of three?

I'm debating buying 3, 6, or 9 of the blister packs from them but will be extremely annoyed if they don't do this. :)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2011, 03:39:44 AM »
They did it for my order, I ordered 6 and got two sets.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
They did it for my order, I ordered 6 and got two sets.

Thanks! Good to know!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2011, 08:27:44 PM »
Hey Mark, glad to hear from you again. I have3 seen Pupsi Dog sketches popping up all over in with new series and I was thinking of you when I saw them, but noticed you weren't around. Hope you got everything up and running to your liking with the new computer! I'll shoot you my ANS 8 wants/need list.

Thank you again Jeff for the want list.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2011, 08:32:34 PM »

Thank you again Jeff for the want list.

No prob. I also have it posted also on the Home page/ Trading Post/ all new series 8 trade? Started by Koduck.

Thanks for you quick reply.

anything