Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread  (Read 126850 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Look at this!!!
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2011, 09:43:30 AM »
Pulled this today from a pack. If you want a sketch or two let me know Im sure I will have some tomorrow.

Pretty confident. Did you order 3000 boxes? LOL

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »
So I pulled a few packs today and noticed some of them had security strips in them. Others didn't. I believe it was the packs with magnets in them.

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »
So I pulled a few packs today and noticed some of them had security strips in them. Others didn't. I believe it was the packs with magnets in them.

www.toppsonlinestore store has the new series 8 blister packs, bonus boxes, boxes, and the series 8 binder for sale. I got all mine there after target and walmart let me down again!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »

I found the security cards in packs that didn't have magnets, too.

Haven't had a chance to really go through the set, but so far I've noticed that Chops Ahoy has to be put in the pages with the number upside down for the puzzle to work, and Silly Bangz also has to go in upside down for the coupon back to match the orientation of the others......

Also, the landscape insert cards have to go in in the opposite orientation from the base set landscape cards.  Might be minutia to some, but these things drive me nuts - pick a direction, and stick with it!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:13:57 PM by RawGoo »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
Midtown Comics shipped the ANS8 box so I should receive it between the end of this week and the next week.

I even saw images from ANS8 on e-bay, some questions:
1) Is the Wacky Packages Go To The Movies subset an 8 sticker subset instead of the originally planned 10 sticker subset? Ironed Man and Avatart are the shutouts (Maybe ANS9 could do a sequel to this subset and include these!)
2) A few base entries - Cream of Tweet and Delays - moved to bonus sticker status.
3) One of the bonus stickers - OCT - was originally planned for ANS7?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:09:52 AM by dth1971 »

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2011, 04:41:39 PM »
I bought 10 dollars worth of ANS8 at our local Walmart today.   Havent really looked them over too much.  For some reason, I am just having a hard time getting excited about them.    I was always chompling at the bit for a new series.  This is the first time I never ordered a box.I saw some of the magnets on ebay.  Is there a listing of what the magnets are anywhere?  I liked the ones that I saw.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »
  For some reason, I am just having a hard time getting excited about them.    I was always chompling at the bit for a new series.  This is the first time I never ordered a box.

Don't feel too bad. I started thinking the same thing. I was still pretty active in the OLDS2 sketches. I wasn't that excited until I opened up the first 24 packs and found the baggage tags and magnets and thought how cool they are. I haven't looked at many spoilers and had no idea that these were in the series. It was a complete surprise. Those make the series totally. To be honest I haven't really looked over the cards yet. I've been too busy trying to see what titles form those bonus items and to look for sketches which I also pulled. I think the odds of sketches for me is 1:3000 ANS packs. It actually goes between a couple series...LOL
I am also liking the whole series as flash foils. I am going to try and get a set of those. I realize those will be tough and expensive. I'm really glad they did a whole set instead of 20. I'm not real fond of the Blu-Ray's and wish they didn't make them so much a part of the whole bonus stuff since there are only 8 in the set and they are incredibly easy to form sets with. You will be able to get a set of those for $.50 on ebay soon.
I hope people don't start whoring out the silver foils because those are going to be really tough to put together. I can't imaging selling a set of those for $100 like other silver sets have sold for in the past. I'm not really a fan of the pink borders also and wish they would eliminate those in the next series. Why pink?
I've opened 8 boxes today from the case and I get excited every time I pull a tag or magnet. They are the hit of the show as far as I'm concerned.
Obviously the sketches are but I just hate the odds. There were only about 50 that showed up with ANS7 and we have no idea what happened to the rest. They probably hit the shredders and that is really sad. They should make the odds one in every 8 boxes but I know that is totally unreasonable. It would be great to buy a case of 8 and know you are going to get a sketch.
That is my 2 cents on the ANS8 series.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »
Anyone have a list of the bonus stickers and where they can be found? How many Bonus stickers are there this time?
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »
I didnt get a magnet, but then, I only bought 5 packs.  Did get one silver foil and one tag.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »
I bought 10 dollars worth of ANS8 at our local Walmart today.   Havent really looked them over too much.  For some reason, I am just having a hard time getting excited about them.    I was always chompling at the bit for a new series.  This is the first time I never ordered a box.I saw some of the magnets on ebay.  Is there a listing of what the magnets are anywhere?  I liked the ones that I saw.

I wasn't excited about this new series until I learned the magnets are classic titles.  Here we go....
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2011, 09:07:19 PM »
What kills me is there are a bunch of sellers on eBay now that I have never heard of. Where are these huge sellers with OLDS? One guy already has 2 sets of foils? It might be the same collector that also has 2 sketches up. I don't get it. Why spent $1000's on regular retail stuff with huge odds when you can buy the good stuff with OLDS and get the cool sketches?
Signed
Confused!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
What kills me is there are a bunch of sellers on eBay now that I have never heard of. Where are these huge sellers with OLDS? One guy already has 2 sets of foils? It might be the same collector that also has 2 sketches up. I don't get it. Why spent $1000's on regular retail stuff with huge odds when you can buy the good stuff with OLDS and get the cool sketches?
Signed
Confused!

Maybe he's a retail dealer and doesnt get caught up in the rare stuff...OLDS.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2011, 06:09:25 AM »
Midtown Comics shipped the ANS8 box so I should receive it between the end of this week and the next week.

I even saw images from ANS8 on e-bay, some questions:
1) Is the Wacky Packages Go To The Movies subset an 8 sticker subset instead of the originally planned 10 sticker subset? Ironed Man and Avatart are the shutouts (Maybe ANS9 could do a sequel to this subset and include these!)
2) A few base entries - Cream of Tweet and Delays - moved to bonus sticker status.
3) One of the bonus stickers - OCT - was originally planned for ANS7?

Of course, I have yet to see what in ANS8 "Grenades and Ham", "Trivial Lawsuit", and "Frothing Flakes" look like.

UPDATE: Another ANS8 bonus sticker: MAXIMUM SECURITY - originally was planned for ANS6.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2011, 06:35:25 AM »
UPDATE: Another ANS8 bonus sticker: MAXIMUM SECURITY - originally was planned for ANS6.

No, this one was made for ANS3. I did the rough and Strephon Taylor did the painting. It was misplaced in office for quite awhile.

Online jeffcaff

« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
I couldn't agree more with Brad.  I wouldn't spend $1000.00 on one mediocre sketch from ANS8. If my math is correct, you would have to purchase about 40 boxes (I think there are 24 packs per box) of ANS8 to pull one of these sketch cards.  I would buy 20 boxes of OLDS2 and it is a guarantee that I will get 20 sketches.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2011, 07:10:37 AM »
Don't feel too bad. I started thinking the same thing. I was still pretty active in the OLDS2 sketches. I wasn't that excited until I opened up the first 24 packs and found the baggage tags and magnets and thought how cool they are. I haven't looked at many spoilers and had no idea that these were in the series. It was a complete surprise. Those make the series totally. To be honest I haven't really looked over the cards yet. I've been too busy trying to see what titles form those bonus items and to look for sketches which I also pulled. I think the odds of sketches for me is 1:3000 ANS packs. It actually goes between a couple series...LOL
I am also liking the whole series as flash foils. I am going to try and get a set of those. I realize those will be tough and expensive. I'm really glad they did a whole set instead of 20. I'm not real fond of the Blu-Ray's and wish they didn't make them so much a part of the whole bonus stuff since there are only 8 in the set and they are incredibly easy to form sets with. You will be able to get a set of those for $.50 on ebay soon.
I hope people don't start whoring out the silver foils because those are going to be really tough to put together. I can't imaging selling a set of those for $100 like other silver sets have sold for in the past. I'm not really a fan of the pink borders also and wish they would eliminate those in the next series. Why pink?
I've opened 8 boxes today from the case and I get excited every time I pull a tag or magnet. They are the hit of the show as far as I'm concerned.
Obviously the sketches are but I just hate the odds. There were only about 50 that showed up with ANS7 and we have no idea what happened to the rest. They probably hit the shredders and that is really sad. They should make the odds one in every 8 boxes but I know that is totally unreasonable. It would be great to buy a case of 8 and know you are going to get a sketch.
That is my 2 cents on the ANS8 series.

I agree with you on all points..Bought 10 packs as a teaser - until my case arrives - Got Silver Foil,Tag, 2 Magnets - not bad...Love the magnets and tags as well...didn't know they did a WHOLE set of silver foils - very nice- the gold is a full set as well or only subset? Nice pull on the sketch - very lucky..

I will take your advise and hold the silver foils until all panns out...my foil doesn't seem to be up on ebay - go figure - those scabs didn't find that one yet...

my 3 cents

Is there really a BONUS box for Target & Walmart?? if so what box is Topps selling on their site??

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »
I agree with you on all points..Bought 10 packs as a teaser - until my case arrives - Got Silver Foil,Tag, 2 Magnets - not bad...Love the magnets and tags as well...didn't know they did a WHOLE set of silver foils - very nice- the gold is a full set as well or only subset? Nice pull on the sketch - very lucky..

I will take your advise and hold the silver foils until all panns out...my foil doesn't seem to be up on ebay - go figure - those scabs didn't find that one yet...

my 3 cents

Is there really a BONUS box for Target & Walmart?? if so what box is Topps selling on their site??

From what I can tell there is a whole set of 55 golds. Just try and put that one together. I highly doubt anyone will. I think if you get a set of 55 silvers you will be really happy with your ANS8 set as those will be nice to display.
I think there is only one bonus box and that is Target. I think it's the same one as on Topps site.

Offline Crust

« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2011, 08:41:24 AM »
It looks like there's five bonus stickers. Is that right? b5 is the ans7 lost wacky Oct. I think thats the bonus box wacky, so there's 4 in the blister packs?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
I am in the market for 1 ANS 8 base set,magnet set and bonus cards
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
I saw on the topps site that there is a binder.  However I noticed that there was nothing about any bonus stickers with said binder.  Does anyone have any info to confirm or deny this?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2011, 12:42:29 PM »
I am in the market for 1 ANS 8 base set,magnet set and bonus cards

I'm surprised there are not more base sets and such offered for sale here, especially considering the large quantities some members buy.

Maybe people are saving their dups to give out to trick or treaters on Halloween . . .

Offline dth1971

« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
But one question: Why was the Wacky Packages Go To The Movies subset reduced from 10 entries to 8? And why was Ironed Man and Avatart - the 2 other planned entries - shut out? Maybe Ironed Man and/or Avatart could end up in ANS9.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
But one question: Why was the Wacky Packages Go To The Movies subset reduced from 10 entries to 8? And why was Ironed Man and Avatart - the 2 other planned entries - shut out? Maybe Ironed Man and/or Avatart could end up in ANS9.

Don't think so..ANS9 was cancelled.... :o :o

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »

Long story short: they thought they would have to remove Diary of a Wacky Kid because they have a deal with Abrams who does the book series. So that was removed from the sheet and the sheet was finalized. Turns out Abrams showed it to the book's author who loved the sticker so they quickly put it back in but they had to remove two DVDs because of other things on the sheet. The other two may still show up at some point.

Side note: I did notice however they altered the gag on Wacky Kid from what I painted which said "Dear Diary, Skip This Movie!" to "Wack Is In!".

Offline Swiski

« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »
Weird things I noticed with ANS8...

1. The stickers have a strange odor, reminds me of a musty anise or licorice cologne

2. The wrapper material is more fragile than usual! You can't open one easily without ripping it. I had to cut off the very tops with a scissors just so I can have a few intact for my own collection. I suppose they did this to cut down on people resealing packs and returning them to stores.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #305 on: July 28, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »
From what I can tell there is a whole set of 55 golds. Just try and put that one together. I highly doubt anyone will. I think if you get a set of 55 silvers you will be really happy with your ANS8 set as those will be nice to display.
I think there is only one bonus box and that is Target. I think it's the same one as on Topps site.

The fact that they made the gold set the entire 55 titles makes me bow out trying to keep up with the super rare chase sets.  It's just too much.  It would take at least $5K to do it.  The odds of pulling a gold are almost 3X as good as series 7 but because there are 55 titles kills it for me.  They finally beat me.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »
Why is completing an ANS 8 gold set harder than the Flashback sets? 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #307 on: July 28, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »
Why is completing an ANS 8 gold set harder than the Flashback sets? 

It's not, but it's close.  It's not the fact that it's harder as much as too many subsequent series requiring a completist to spend thousands of dollars to keep up.  At some point enough is enough.  I have to check to be sure but I think my spending on post - 2004 series is very close to my vintage collection, which is crazy when you really think about it.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #308 on: July 28, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »
I doubt more than 3 people will go after the 55 card gold set.

DrDeal
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:52:36 PM by DrDeal »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #309 on: July 28, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
The fact that they made the gold set the entire 55 titles makes me bow out trying to keep up with the super rare chase sets.  It's just too much.  It would take at least $5K to do it.  The odds of pulling a gold are almost 3X as good as series 7 but because there are 55 titles kills it for me.  They finally beat me.

A moment of silence, please.

That really is too bad. But congrats on having the complete-to-this-point collection that you have. It's quite the impressive feat.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #310 on: July 28, 2011, 08:12:29 PM »

Rob, nothing to be ashamed of. Who has this kind of money to buy up all these totally obscene odds. I still haven't pulled a gold out of 2 cases. I'm out!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #311 on: July 28, 2011, 08:44:15 PM »
Signed
Confused!

Seems that they just want to jump on the Wacky Band Choke Wagon !! I'm glad they are not hip to the hip stuff.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #312 on: July 28, 2011, 08:53:17 PM »
It's not, but it's close.  It's not the fact that it's harder as much as too many subsequent series requiring a completist to spend thousands of dollars to keep up.  At some point enough is enough.  I have to check to be sure but I think my spending on post - 2004 series is very close to my vintage collection, which is crazy when you really think about it.

But the good news is ..... (drum roll) what Slayskool always talked about). Since the mind blowing odds are soo against everyone completing golds, they probably will not be that popular = less demand = less value when put on the market. Do not throw in the towel just yet. I do not have a mega-budget to work with, but was able to complete my silvers of both FB's more easily than I thought (I also realized many would be throwing in the towel to complete them). I bet I was able to do it for this very reason.

First wait to see what they'll go for in a about a month or so, then decide.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #313 on: July 28, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »
How are people finding things are in terms of collation. I opened 8 boxes and here is what a typical box contained for me:

- 2 full base sets plus several partials
- 1 set of the Movie cards. I got exactly a full set in each box except one with 2 Harry Poppers
- 8 Pack to the Future cards per box
- 20 pink border cards (each box generally had 3  clumps of cards close in number)
- 4 Silver Border cards
- 4 Tags
- 4 Magnets

Across the whole case I got:
 - 18 base sets with 4 partial sets
- 7 full sets of Movie cards and one partial
- 4 full PttF sets and two almost complete sets
- 1 full pink-border set and one partial of about 40 titles then many extras
- 1 Partial set of 30 Silver border cards and a couple extras
- 2 Full sets of the tags and two near complete sets (SPAM and GRAPE NEWTS scare for me)
- 1 complete magnet set and two near sets (#7 BAND-ACHE was a scarce in my case)
- 1 Sketch Card
- 1 Gold Border Card
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:06:20 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #314 on: July 28, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
How are people finding things are in terms of collation. I opened 8 boxes and here is what a typical box contained for me:

- 2 full base sets plus several partials
- 1 set of the Movie cards. I got exactly a full set in each box except one with 2 Harry Poppers
- 8 Pack to the Future cards per box
- 20 pink border cards (each box generally had 3  clumps of cards close in number)
- 4 Silver Border cards
- 4 Tags
- 4 Magnets

Across the whole case I got:
 - ??? base sets (don't know, haven't sorted yet but at least 18 full sets)
- 7 full sets of Movie cards and one partial
- 4 full PttF sets and two almost complete sets
- 1 full pink-border set and one partial of about 40 titles then many extras
- 1 Partial set of 30 Silver border cards and a couple extras
- 2 Full sets of the tags and two near complete sets (SPAM and GRAPE NEWTS scare for me)
- 1 complete magnet set and two near sets (#7 BAND-ACHE was a scarce in my case)
- 1 Sketch Card
- 1 Gold Border Card

I think you did really well. You should be happy!