Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread  (Read 126807 times)

Offline ScaryLee

Re: Wacky Packages Series 8 SPOILER thread
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
Hope to see the pics soon!

Why hope to see pics when you can see the actual thing 2 days later?

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
I believe the magnets are ten NEW TITLES

The last plan I heard was 10 classic titles, some of which had been seen as foils before, but none that had previously been magnets. Could have changed though.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2011, 12:50:17 AM »
Hmmm,,what are the odds?..already?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-SKETCH-Fred-Wheaton-GHOUL-HUMOR-/270788494993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c408691

I dont get it, why cant Topps give us the heads up on these? Even more, why are they not on the Topps site? Why no pre-order? This forum adds an awful lot to the Topps coffers. Why so secret? How about some answers?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2011, 04:00:44 AM »
I dont get it, why cant Topps give us the heads up on these? Even more, why are they not on the Topps site? Why no pre-order? This forum adds an awful lot to the Topps coffers. Why so secret? How about some answers?

I can understand Topps not doing their own pre-order for Wacky products that are intended for retail sale, and delaying release on their site, so as to give the retail outlets the opportunity to move product, make a profit, and ensure re-orders for the next series.  But, releasing info on the set components would have likely resulted in collectors pre-ordering from vendors, which could have boosted sales.  I for one was unwilling to blindly pre-order an entire case without knowing what I might hope to find.  So, maybe I'll hit Target today and see if I can pick up a few packs........  I did ask the comic store owner to get me 2 boxes, but don't know when they'll get in.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »
I can understand Topps not doing their own pre-order for Wacky products that are intended for retail sale, and delaying release on their site, so as to give the retail outlets the opportunity to move product, make a profit, and ensure re-orders for the next series.  But, releasing info on the set components would have likely resulted in collectors pre-ordering from vendors, which could have boosted sales.  I for one was unwilling to blindly pre-order an entire case without knowing what I might hope to find.  So, maybe I'll hit Target today and see if I can pick up a few packs........  I did ask the comic store owner to get me 2 boxes, but don't know when they'll get in.

The guy selling the sketch said 1:973 odds of getting one? Is that better that ANS7 - i think it is...if i remember correctly..

Offline Crust

« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2011, 07:45:49 AM »
The guy selling the sketch said 1:973 odds of getting one? Is that better that ANS7 - i think it is...if i remember correctly..

Yes the odds are better. Series 7 were 1:2,340. So even though 973 is high Topps did lower the odds significantly.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
What is this? How does the seller know there is a flash foil in these packs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-FLASH-FOIL-PARALLEL-HOT-PACK-Gold-/280714937507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415bea04a3

Someone did this last time too -- same seller? Seems like it's either the nth pack in a box or something beyond me. There's another one for $4.99 -- sounds like this is more likely to be a silver flash foil. This seller already has several flash foils up for sale. They must have bought a TON of ANS8 and got these up quick -- really odd imo.

Odds are definitely better this time, but I think I'm going to buy a few packs in the wild and then buy whole sets in a month or so from eBay. Sad but true.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:02:09 AM by Porkie »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »
Yes the odds are better. Series 7 were 1:2,340. So even though 973 is high Topps did lower the odds significantly.

That's definitely better...Are there BONUS Boxes?? bonus stickers?? I thought someone mentioned NO bonus boxes or bonus stickers for ANS8?? Why are these things such a damn mystery!!  >:D

Online lucidjc

« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »

How is selling a pre-order going to hurt Topps retail? How is anything that i mentioned going to hurt sales? Me thinks it will only HELP sales. More product in more hands!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
How is selling a pre-order going to hurt Topps retail? How is anything that i mentioned going to hurt sales? Me thinks it will only HELP sales. More product in more hands!

Yea..most of the time those stores only sell packs - gravity feeds - and never have boxes - let alone bonus boxes..

Offline Stinger

« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2011, 02:04:17 PM »
Somebody at GPK Underground bought a B4 bonus box at Target.

That's definitely better...Are there BONUS Boxes?? bonus stickers?? I thought someone mentioned NO bonus boxes or bonus stickers for ANS8?? Why are these things such a damn mystery!!  >:D

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »
What is this? How does the seller know there is a flash foil in these packs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-FLASH-FOIL-PARALLEL-HOT-PACK-Gold-/280714937507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415bea04a3

He is, what is known in the sports card market, as a "pack-seacher". Look at his auctions, he will come up with many Golds and Sketches by searching packs at Target. As a matter of fact, whenever you see a ANS8 gold or sketch for sale, look at the seller's other items that he is selling, 9 times out of 10, he will be selling tough to pull inserts from sports packs and/or "hot packs".

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2011, 03:02:55 PM »
I just got back from Target where they had 24 packs in a gravity feed. I'm not sure if the gravity feeds only have 24 packs or not because I can't see where it states that on the box.
First off, Holy Inserts Batman!
I love the baggage tags. They are awesome! I also love the choices, from what I have seen, of the magnets.
I'm not a big fan of the DVD's and the foils are going to be a bitch to collect. .
I also pulled my very first ANS sketch. It's a Parisi and here is a scan. I went through a ton of ANS7 and never pulled one. I almost fell out of my chair because I couldn't believe I was seeing this.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
Now I'm really pissed! "Honey, gas up the car and point it twords target"  :iroc:

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »
I just got back from Target where they had 24 packs in a gravity feed. I'm not sure if the gravity feeds only have 24 packs or not because I can't see where it states that on the box.
First off, Holy Inserts Batman!
I love the baggage tags. They are awesome! I also love the choices, from what I have seen, of the magnets.
I'm not a big fan of the DVD's and the foils are going to be a bitch to collect. .
I also pulled my very first ANS sketch. It's a Parisi and here is a scan. I went through a ton of ANS7 and never pulled one. I almost fell out of my chair because I couldn't believe I was seeing this.

Nice!!

But is this another unsigned sketch card?!?  :o

Offline Crust

« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »
Just got four packs at Target ;D It looks like a good series and youcan get two inserts per pack. I got a wacky dvd and parallels in the same pack. The weird thing was when i went at first i thought they didnt have them, bhut then next too not with the other gravity feeds was the box. Going to open more packs now!  ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »
Nice!!

But is this another unsigned sketch card?!?  :o

They are signed on the back.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »
Pulled one of mine already? I haven't even seen any packs or stickers yet.

Incidentally, when I did the sketch cards for this series, I didn't repeat any Wackys. If I drew a wacky, I only drew it once. It was an experiment... and I will never do that again! It was very difficult and time-consuming to not repeat any characters.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2011, 07:17:26 PM »
He is, what is known in the sports card market, as a "pack-seacher". Look at his auctions, he will come up with many Golds and Sketches by searching packs at Target.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm drawing a blank.

How is this done - searching packs that are not open?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm drawing a blank.

How is this done - searching packs that are not open?

I tried this with a few packs in ANS7 and it's really hard. It took me a
Couple of min. just to move the cards properly and then it's almost impossible to see the border through the package. I have no idea how they do it but it takes a lot of practice and you have to know what you are looking for. I highly doubt they are searching packs at Target but I'm sure it's possible.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
Couple of min. just to move the cards properly and then it's almost impossible to see the border through the package. I have no idea how they do it but it takes a lot of practice and you have to know what you are looking for. I highly doubt they are searching packs at Target but I'm sure it's possible.

Do not doubt that they are doing it. They are. I found all of them out of the box and the cards have been slid, i can see the finger nail marks! Now i'm really really pissed. How about a foil NON-SEETHROUGH wrapper!!  And they want us to wait to get our packs from searched gravity feeds. Topps has been a household name for my entire life, i hate when i have to bad mouth them. Can somebody PLEASE tell me why these things have to be so secret that only the BIG time theives and dealers get them first????

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »
Found a gravity feed at walmart tonight.  Bought just two packs as I'll be getting a box (possibly more) from my comic shop tomorrow.  As someone else said, I like the luggage tags, though I'd be happier if they were just the "regular" lents like in Flashback (can't please everyone, can ya?).  I'm glad that magnets are back and just hope that there are original titles among, if not for all of, them.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2011, 08:22:32 PM »
That's too bad, maybe you need to come home early lol

Trust me, when it rained most of the day yesterday the thought crossed my mind!  Were on a camping trip.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline isearch

Look at this!!!
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:05 PM »
Pulled this today from a pack. If you want a sketch or two let me know Im sure I will have some tomorrow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: Look at this!!!
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »
Late Spoiler Alert!

Offline ScaryLee

Re: Look at this!!!
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
I really didn't want to see images for this series before opening packs, that's no fun for me. It's ok to post unique sketches without spoiler but not something like this.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »

Nice Sketch pull there !!

I don't see how it is possible to figure out or calculate the odds so well from the Target gravity feeds, unless he/she is raping the boxes BEFORE anyone else touches them. Kids and anyone pull out the packs and put them back changing the order of the packs, also bouncing around during shipping can sometimes mix the packs in a gravity feed. I can understand figuring out the probablility by determining the machines sequence of packing, but once the packs are mixed up, I would think that THAT would blow any chance you have of figuring it out.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »
Went out of my way today to hit Five Below, Target, Walmart and Toys R Us. Nothing in any store as far as ANS 8.  :'(

:]

Out of all of those, I expect to find something at the Target soon.

Our Walmart demoted all their collectible cards to a smaller area a few months ago - and that area looks like it hasn't be stocked since they did that. It is very messed up and it seems that no one cares. (the Walmart way!)

I still don't know what to expect from TRU as far as what type of ANS 8 product I will find, (bonus box, blister, etc...) but they also moved their "Topps" cards to one small display found in the middle of the floor. (At least it is organized).

Five below has always been hit or miss, but I did buy a ANS 7 pack just for the hell of it and pulled a Flunk foil. Woo Hoo !

Let the waiting begin ...  :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:40:58 PM by Playbug »
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »
Found a gravity feed at walmart tonight.  Bought just two packs as I'll be getting a box (possibly more) from my comic shop tomorrow.  As someone else said, I like the luggage tags, though I'd be happier if they were just the "regular" lents like in Flashback (can't please everyone, can ya?).  I'm glad that magnets are back and just hope that there are original titles among, if not for all of, them.
Cracked,

You and I are on the same page when it comes to magnets....OS only!!!!   Let us know when you get your first one or find a checklist.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »
Pat,
Im missing something...why go buy a few packs at Target when you have a *case* on the way?  PS, can I can up and help you open that case? 
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2011, 04:06:23 AM »
I got the gravity feed from my Target last night ( wasn't there yesterday morning). I really like the luggage tags and the magnets are indeed of classis wackys. whoo hoo. Pulled 8 tags, 7 magnets, 8 flash foils and at least 3-4 base sets and probably 2 sets each of pack to the future and goes to the movies. Each pack also has a pink border parallel card, so I am close to a full set  of pink parallels. I'll start putting it all together tonight. Haven't really looked at each card yet...again, I'll do that tonight, but what I did see looked great. I'm looking forward to sitting down with this series and discovering all the Wacky goodness.
Minor complaint....the motion tags are mostly intact, but 3 of them had the punch out parts either missing or floating around in the pack. It may be hard to put together a set that is fully intact.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2011, 04:34:02 AM »
Pat,
Im missing something...why go buy a few packs at Target when you have a *case* on the way?  PS, can I can up and help you open that case? 

I said I did NOT order a case, partly because I had no info on what kind of inserts there would be.  I DID ask the comic store owner to try to get me 2 individual boxes, but I have no idea when he'll get those.

Also, even if I did have a case on the way, I would still buy a few packs at local stores, just to encourage the stores to continue stocking them.  Sometimes I even end up discussing what they are with the clerk at the register.  I enjoy ANS Wackys, and I think the general retail aspect is important to their continuance, so I will go out of my way to shop at stores that have them, and then do some other shopping there while adding in some Wackys.