Author Topic: OS 13 puzzle piece without checkist?  (Read 2710 times)

Offline gumby8691

OS 13 puzzle piece without checkist?
« on: August 02, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
I received a load of WPs the other day and included in lot I won (through ebay) was a puzzle piece from OS13 with a blank back (where checklist should have been). It's definitely legit (same size, thickness, etc.) and even has gum stains. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever come across one of these before. I can post a pic if anyone is curious. Not sure what to do with it....lol

Picture added - the puzzle piece on the left is what is on the back of 'blank'/checklist-less (!) card

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:07:28 PM by gumby8691 »

Offline jeffcaff

Re: OS 13 puzzle piece without checkist?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:19:33 AM »
I have an OS 4 puzzle piece without the checklist.  I really do not know much more about them.

Offline waxo

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:50:45 PM »
I've had a few Topps sportscards with blank backs and even some with wrong backs (different player stats on back than pictured on front)... Topps probably caught 99.9% of these mistakes, but some made it into wax packs. Try listing it on eBay, some advanced collector who has everything might pay a premium-good luck!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »
I received a load of WPs the other day and included in lot I won (through ebay) was a puzzle piece from OS13 with a blank back (where checklist should have been). It's definitely legit (same size, thickness, etc.) and even has gum stains. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever come across one of these before. I can post a pic if anyone is curious. Not sure what to do with it....lol

A pic would be nice to see, and helpful determining what happened to it.  It may be from a sheet that slipped through before the checklist side was printed on.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)