Author Topic: LTL Prints  (Read 55248 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: LTL Prints
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
There is something strange to me about that image.  Notice that the vents on the locker are very clearly visible through the Wackys.  Either those Wackys are very thin or these images were super-imposed over the locker image.  My guess is the latter.
maybe the prints are cut at the vent lines in order to smooth them down?
I'm not sure, but they are definitely on the locker and not added as a post processing image. It looks like the art department spent some time adding some flair to the entire set of lockers. You can see these wackys on the promotional images for the show as well.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 06:42:44 PM »
maybe the prints are cut at the vent lines in order to smooth them down?
I'm not sure, but they are definitely on the locker and not added as a post processing image. It looks like the art department spent some time adding some flair to the entire set of lockers. You can see these wackys on the promotional images for the show as well.
(Image removed from quote.)

You have a good eye for spotting wackys in obscure places!  Thanks for posting the pic...I like printing stuff like this and inserting in my keeper collection.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 02:10:55 AM »
I just saw the premiere episode of this show last night (my son had it on while were eating dinner at the kitchen counter).  Saw those Wackys right away.  Nice.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
OK so it's not a wacky LTL print, but I did order a different one and pretty thrilled with how it came out.  I've always had a fascination with tall buildings and NYC especially.  Sorry about the unmade bed  :D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
OK so it's not a wacky LTL print, but I did order a different one and pretty thrilled with how it came out.  I've always had a fascination with tall buildings and NYC especially.  Sorry about the unmade bed  :D

That's pretty cool. I hadn't looked at all the other prints they offer. I am running out of wall space :]

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 09:27:25 PM »
I just noticed that LTL has Mars Attacks available for prints - and while looking around I see that they have Best Seller Discount sets of Wackys now. 4-piece and 9-piece 8" tall sets for half price.
http://www.ltlprints.com/wackypacks_vii/8048

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »
I just noticed that LTL has Mars Attacks available for prints - and while looking around I see that they have Best Seller Discount sets of Wackys now. 4-piece and 9-piece 8" tall sets for half price.
http://www.ltlprints.com/wackypacks_vii/8048

I received the 5 piece best seller set a couple of days ago.  The Demented, Hostile Thinkies, Beanball and Creep are all very sharp.  Plastered Peanuts is not the same quality image, and has the diecut, but still, it's an old favorite!  Overall I'd say this set was well worth the $30.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 05:32:55 PM »
I received the 5 piece best seller set a couple of days ago.  The Demented, Hostile Thinkies, Beanball and Creep are all very sharp.  Plastered Peanuts is not the same quality image, and has the diecut, but still, it's an old favorite!  Overall I'd say this set was well worth the $30.
That's the same set I got today! Did they send you a $5 coupon? I think I'll order some more :^) Hope you have a "Wacky "Weekend"...RonZ 8)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »
That's the same set I got today! Did they send you a $5 coupon? I think I'll order some more :^) Hope you have a "Wacky "Weekend"...RonZ 8)

Please order through the LTL prints link on the top of the forum. I am supposed to have an affiliate program with them but haven't received anything yet. I am just curious if this really works or if I am just giving them free advertising?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 04:37:01 AM »
I'm annoyed with myself, I had a coupon code from completing a survey, and I forgot to use it.  :'(    This order didn't come with a coupon, but if I order more in the future, I will hopefully remember to try the old one.

What did you think of the prints?   If you want to try a 2' size, with Tacky Packages blown up that big, you can really make out all the Wackys.  And the Dead and Buried came out fantastic, too, that one might be right up your alley!  I think that's the only postcard art they offer - maybe they'll eventually add others.  I'd love to be able to order Bots!!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
I'm annoyed with myself, I had a coupon code from completing a survey, and I forgot to use it.  :'(    This order didn't come with a coupon, but if I order more in the future, I will hopefully remember to try the old one.

What did you think of the prints?   If you want to try a 2' size, with Tacky Packages blown up that big, you can really make out all the Wackys.  And the Dead and Buried came out fantastic, too, that one might be right up your alley!  I think that's the only postcard art they offer - maybe they'll eventually add others.  I'd love to be able to order Bots!!
I think they're awesome! deffiinitly going to get some more ;)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 11:37:42 PM »
I'm annoyed with myself, I had a coupon code from completing a survey, and I forgot to use it.  :'(    This order didn't come with a coupon, but if I order more in the future, I will hopefully remember to try the old one.

What did you think of the prints?   If you want to try a 2' size, with Tacky Packages blown up that big, you can really make out all the Wackys.  And the Dead and Buried came out fantastic, too, that one might be right up your alley!  I think that's the only postcard art they offer - maybe they'll eventually add others.  I'd love to be able to order Bots!!
I have ordered all the ones they were having a "special" on...What a deal ecspecialy w/the $5 off (coupon code) here it is Pat "ThankYou5" thats it! They are only good on the 4 pack specials for $30, so you get (4) retail $60 for $25 and only $1.95 (S&H) !!! :o That's only $6.25 a piece.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 04:11:30 PM »
I just got my  (Large) "Quaker Oats" duck from LTL, it's the first large print I got...I have quite a few of the smaller ones (15-20) but this one is FANTASTIC!!!

Taz

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2010, 04:36:57 PM »
I just got my  (Large) "Quaker Oats" duck from LTL, it's the first large print I got...I have quite a few of the smaller ones (15-20) but this one is FANTASTIC!!!

Post a picture of your LTL wall, in fact more people need to do the same.  I have yet to order any, but I have not ruled them out as of yet.  Conrgats on your purchase, now go paste the son of a gun 8)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »
Post a picture of your LTL wall, in fact more people need to do the same.  I have yet to order any, but I have not ruled them out as of yet.  Conrgats on your purchase, now go paste the son of a gun 8)
They're really cool Kevin...They are having some great sales on the smaller ones right now!!! You should check it out.

Offline ltlprints

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24:57 AM »
Hi Team,

Glad you guys are enjoying the prints and the sets.  I'm open to putting together other combo kits as well if the group can decide which items they would like to see in the next discounted set.  I'll do my best to accommodate.

THANK YOU!

Sincerely,
Kendall Schoenrock
kendall@LTLprints.com

Taz

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 07:34:14 AM »
Hi Team,

Glad you guys are enjoying the prints and the sets.  I'm open to putting together other combo kits as well if the group can decide which items they would like to see in the next discounted set.  I'll do my best to accommodate.

THANK YOU!

Sincerely,
Kendall Schoenrock
kendall@LTLprints.com

Kendall how about wacky packages combo kits like all cereal or all candy or smokes & drinks (which would look great behind a persons bar or in a pub)related say perhaps anywhere to from 3-5 prints in a set and maybe have them in various sizes.  I lean towards the cereal combo set  ;D

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »

What are those pipes near your ceiling? (which appears to be made of cement)
Do you live in a tilt-up warehouse?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »

I would be more concerned about the box of Kleenex next to the bed ;D

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
Nah, it's a loft building - those are just exposed ducts, one from the dryer and the other from the bathroom fan leading to outside.  I just saved some money by not putting in a drop ceiling  :P

The Kleenex is for the GF - her allergies are awful in the spring.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 08:42:09 PM »
Kendall how about wacky packages combo kits like all cereal or all candy or smokes & drinks (which would look great behind a persons bar or in a pub)related say perhaps anywhere to from 3-5 prints in a set and maybe have them in various sizes.  I lean towards the cereal combo set  ;D
I agree that a cereal combo set would be great!  Here are a few I'd like to see included in the set: Weakies, Capn' Crud, Awful Bits, Snatch a Pak, Cheapios, Grazin' Bran, and Triks.  I can think of other combo sets (beer, candy/sweets, etc), but cereal is the most appealing if you ask me (and thanks for asking me!).

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 04:37:04 AM »
I agree that a cereal combo set would be great!  Here are a few I'd like to see included in the set: Weakies, Capn' Crud, Awful Bits, Snatch a Pak, Cheapios, Grazin' Bran, and Triks.  I can think of other combo sets (beer, candy/sweets, etc), but cereal is the most appealing if you ask me (and thanks for asking me!).
A cereal set would be awesome!  But, I think Kendall would need us to provide good scans for titles he doesn't already have.
Hmmm, maybe I can scan one of those custom Cap'n Crud cards....  Actually, the Plastered Peanuts in that group might be better than the scan he has for that.

Taz

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 10:09:56 AM »
A cereal set would be awesome!  But, I think Kendall would need us to provide good scans for titles he doesn't already have.
Hmmm, maybe I can scan one of those custom Cap'n Crud cards....  Actually, the Plastered Peanuts in that group might be better than the scan he has for that.

Somebody, anybody with either good scans or great Photoshop skills chime in and lend a hand.  Cereal fans unite!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 10:17:17 AM »
Somebody, anybody with either good scans or great Photoshop skills chime in and lend a hand.  Cereal fans unite!

Regarding scans... I sent them a Dull I scanned at 1600 dpi, and the 2' I bought came out very pixelated and the bottom text was illegible. I may try cleaning up the text a little to see if that will make it look better. I was mostly surprised that a 1600 scan would be so stretched and blurry looking.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »

I don't think it's an issue getting them scans. It's really a copyright issue. They need to get the permission from Topps first.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
Regarding scans... I sent them a Dull I scanned at 1600 dpi, and the 2' I bought came out very pixelated and the bottom text was illegible. I may try cleaning up the text a little to see if that will make it look better. I was mostly surprised that a 1600 scan would be so stretched and blurry looking.

Was that they size they requested? I am surprised they didn't tell you before shipping it to you that it would be blurry.

Taz

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »
I don't think it's an issue getting them scans. It's really a copyright issue. They need to get the permission from Topps first.

But of course! Isn't here always a legal issue that stands before anything.  I just hope in the end LTL gets the permission and good scans so they can create some nice combo sets with a cereal set being the first.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »
Was that they size they requested? I am surprised they didn't tell you before shipping it to you that it would be blurry.

Kendall said the larger the better. That's the largest my scanner would do though. Kendall told me before I bought it that it might not look good at the larger sizes, but I wanted to try it anyway. I'm not blaming them at all. I'm hoping I can clean it up somewhat, cause I really want a giant Dull on the wall  ^-^ Just love the deep blue color, with the yellow to contrast. And the artwork on that one is amazing.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
Kendall said the larger the better. That's the largest my scanner would do though. Kendall told me before I bought it that it might not look good at the larger sizes, but I wanted to try it anyway. I'm not blaming them at all. I'm hoping I can clean it up somewhat, cause I really want a giant Dull on the wall  ^-^ Just love the deep blue color, with the yellow to contrast. And the artwork on that one is amazing.
Mine can do 4800. I am scanning right now but at that res it is incredibly slow. I wonder how big the file will be? If you want to try it again just let me know. I could upload it to the site so Kendall could download it. I wonder if your scanner can actually do a higher res and it's not a software limitation. What scanner do you have?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »
Scanning a sticker will always produce bad results. A sticker is low res. You can't scan low res material and expect a hi res image to magically appear. You're just making a bigger version of a low res image. It's like watching a VHS tape on your HDTV and expecting it to somehow look better.

Regarding scans, they do need them because Topps is no longer sending them any. Once they have a scan they can get permission to add it to their catalog. They need scans of art, not printed material.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »
Here is a scan of Dull at 2400 res. I scanned it with Vuescan at 4800 res but for some reason it's only showing up at 2400. This is really interesting to view at this res.
This scan is 50mb and once it's downloaded on your screen you should save it to your computer. Open your photo software and tell it to show actual pixels. It will show you everything! Every imperfection and small dust particles. Even shows you the grain of the white border and take a look at the corner and edges.
This is a pretty poor card. It is a restick but I wanted to see how this looked in high res. I don't know why I haven't scanned cards before at this high res. It's like putting it under a microscope.
http://www.wacky-base.com/coolstuff/DullLargeScan.jpg

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »
I ordered the Dull in the laptop size, and even that's not great, a little blurry, but not nearly as bad as you described with the 2' size.  It was obviously a sticker scan, and I wouldn't order those really large, couldn't see how they'd blow up well.  Comparing the laptop size Dull to the laptop size Demented really shows the difference.

Why Topps won't give LTL more art scans is beyond me.

Taz

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2010, 04:51:35 PM »
Brad, looking over the scan you have uploaded made me go digging for my lite brite pegs.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
Scanning a sticker will always produce bad results. A sticker is low res. You can't scan low res material and expect a hi res image to magically appear. You're just making a bigger version of a low res image. It's like watching a VHS tape on your HDTV and expecting it to somehow look better.

Regarding scans, they do need them because Topps is no longer sending them any. Once they have a scan they can get permission to add it to their catalog. They need scans of art, not printed material.
Did you supply LTL with the Dead & Buried scan?  That one is SHARP!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »

Scanning a sharp sticker with a good scanner at high enough res will produce a great enlarged image. Your comparison of VHS on an HDTV isn't what we're doing here. LTL takes the scan and puts it through their software, which I am guessing does some sort of interpolation to blow up the image with minimal pixelation. Your comparison would have merit if we took the VHS output and ran it through a processor to enhance the image before it got to HDTV. I've actually done that before, and it looked better than VHS...