Author Topic: LTL Prints  (Read 55518 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: LTL Prints
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2011, 03:43:34 AM »
Great post, I couldn't agree more - the prints are one of my favorite Wacky items, and Kendall and LTL had great customer service (and I wish they had done the postcards, especially H8!). I can't figure why Topps didn't give them more support.

I love my 2' Blunder Bread and 1' Demented, like my 1' Kook Aid, and was disappointed in my 2' Commie Cleanser as the lettering is poor. It was obviously taken from a scan of the original art where the press on letters have begun to come off. Of the 8" ones I got, I really like Shot Wheels and Ajerx and kinda wished I had larger ones, especially of Ajerx.

My office now has a warm Wacky look to it. The only title anyone can see as they walk by is a 2' Quacker Oats - once they step in, they often look around and kinda go "whoa" - as in "whoa, I didn't know you were nuts".

I hope we are able to get this type of wall cling printed again at some point in the future.

Of all of them I bought, the 2' Blunder is my favorite - it's been up on my living room wall, right next to a 2' Ajerx, since these first debuted.  I have an 8" Kook Aid up, but didn't think the image quality warranted ordering a larger one.  But, the 11" Demented I just got is sweet!

I agree, the 8" Shot Wheels and Ajerx are nice.  The 8" Commie looked a little blurry, so I'm not surprised that the 2' size is disappointing.  I never did buy a Quacker Oats, don't know how I managed to forget that one last month.  That would have fit in well with either the 8" combo sets or the 11" titles I got.  Oh well, I was bound to miss something.  Perhaps we'll see LTL trades in the future.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2011, 06:26:13 AM »
I guess they are all gone now?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2011, 07:19:14 AM »
I guess they are all gone now?
highly doubtful anything is left. they were all individually made-to-order done print-on-demand. which means there's no inventory or excess laying around taking up space.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:12:56 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2011, 09:02:42 AM »
I couldnt see any when I went to the website.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2011, 09:28:39 AM »
I couldnt see any when I went to the website.

I checked a few days out of curiosity and looks like they no longer list the WPs. Since they accept individual submissions, I would assume they would still produce a WP if your provide the image.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
I checked a few days out of curiosity and looks like they no longer list the WPs. Since they accept individual submissions, I would assume they would still produce a WP if your provide the image.

Good question. Dont' think that they would be allowed, but not sure if you provided the image. Still, it wouldn't be as nice, unless you have suberb images. You can just see what was previously disgussed here in the past few posts about the end results image quality.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2011, 12:44:52 PM »
This was a Christmas present to myself - a 6 foot Gyppy Pop. I had to get at least one mammoth print while I still could. The resolution is incredible. All details are sharp for it's size. I'm so happy with it! I also bought a few more, but only at the "tiny" 2 foot size ;) Those are Frankenbrainy, Chock Full & Whatchemacrawlit.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2011, 12:54:05 PM »
This was a Christmas present to myself - a 6 foot Gyppy Pop. I had to get at least one mammoth print while I still could. The resolution is incredible. All details are sharp for it's size. I'm so happy with it! I also bought a few more, but only at the "tiny" 2 foot size ;) Those are Frankenbrainy, Chock Full & Whatchemacrawlit.

That's awesome John!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »

Whoa, that really looks awe inspiring!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »
Holy crap that's huge! I bought a 2' of Gyppy

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2011, 12:39:39 AM »
Good question. Dont' think that they would be allowed, but not sure if you provided the image. Still, it wouldn't be as nice, unless you have suberb images. You can just see what was previously disgussed here in the past few posts about the end results image quality.

I don't think they can do any Topps images now that they don't have the license.  I'm wondering how this would affect titles that Topps rejected - perhaps those could be reproduced now.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2011, 12:51:26 AM »

Wow - that is incredible!  I decided to go with more, smaller titles, but looking at that giant Gyppy Pop kind of makes me wish I'd sprung for one humongous print.  Did you need help putting that up? 

Funny, my 2' Blunder and Ajerx prints seemed so big when I put them up, and now that I'm used to them, they don't seem quite so big.  I wonder what a 6' Blunder would have looked like......

I did get a 1' Gyppy Pop in my final order, and it came out really nice, but yours just looks amazing!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »
Holy crap that's huge! I bought a 2' of Gyppy

Oh and thanks Brad for the heads up. I would have missed out on getting this otherwise. I am bummed that LTL will not be printing Wackys anymore, because they look awesome. The giant Gyppy is one of the coolest Wacky items I own. Hopefully down the road LTL will get Topps' license once again.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »
Wow - that is incredible!  I decided to go with more, smaller titles, but looking at that giant Gyppy Pop kind of makes me wish I'd sprung for one humongous print.  Did you need help putting that up? 

Funny, my 2' Blunder and Ajerx prints seemed so big when I put them up, and now that I'm used to them, they don't seem quite so big.  I wonder what a 6' Blunder would have looked like......

I did get a 1' Gyppy Pop in my final order, and it came out really nice, but yours just looks amazing!

I put it up myself, which was quite a feat! I about had a heart attack when part of it folded back on itself - that backing is sticky stuff!

Anyone notice the "micro Gyppy" I put up next to it? :)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »
I put it up myself, which was quite a feat! I about had a heart attack when part of it folded back on itself - that backing is sticky stuff!

I have a hard enough time handling the 2'ers I can't imagine one this size. Wait til you want to move it and try and stick it back on the wax paper. That should be a fun time ;D

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2011, 03:36:41 PM »

That must have been something to watch!  I think I remember Kendall saying that even if the prints folded onto themselves, they'd be OK once unstuck, but I can imagine the horrible feeling as it started folding.  And if you have to then lay it out on a flat surface to work on it, that could be a problem too.  I've been saving the papers from mine, and writing the title on the reverse, in case I ever want to move them around or store them.  If you ever try to get that Gyppy Pop back on the paper, I'll bet you have an interesting afternoon!

I did notice the little Gyppy - what size is that?  Compared to the big one, it looks like a sticker!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:38:53 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2011, 08:49:59 PM »
I have a hard enough time handling the 2'ers I can't imagine one this size. Wait til you want to move it and try and stick it back on the wax paper. That should be a fun time ;D

Definitely!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
That must have been something to watch!  I think I remember Kendall saying that even if the prints folded onto themselves, they'd be OK once unstuck, but I can imagine the horrible feeling as it started folding.  And if you have to then lay it out on a flat surface to work on it, that could be a problem too.  I've been saving the papers from mine, and writing the title on the reverse, in case I ever want to move them around or store them.  If you ever try to get that Gyppy Pop back on the paper, I'll bet you have an interesting afternoon!

I did notice the little Gyppy - what size is that?  Compared to the big one, it looks like a sticker!

Good idea about writing the titles on the backing papers. I will do that for my 2 footers.
The little Gyppy is regular sticker size (it's actually a copy of a sticker because I didn't have an extra sticker handy). You can barely see it compared to the giant one.

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2011, 06:29:09 AM »
Any one have a problem with LTL customer service? They sent me a wrong wall hanging with my order (duplicated 1 title and left out another) and I did not get the 15% discount.  I have contacted them at least 3 different ways and have not gotten a response. Any one else having a problem?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »
Any one have a problem with LTL customer service? They sent me a wrong wall hanging with my order (duplicated 1 title and left out another) and I did not get the 15% discount.  I have contacted them at least 3 different ways and have not gotten a response. Any one else having a problem?
In my experience their customer service has always been great.  I had a problem with one recent order, and they mentioned that they were backed up the last week of the year due to holidays and promotions, but they helped me on the phone, and said they'd apply my discount, which hadn't gone through.  I won't know about that until my credit card bill comes, but I trust them.  Two prints that were the wrong size were promptly replaced, so I was very pleased with their service.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »

No problems here. I had the same situation with the 15 percent off because I couldn't find the box to enter the discount code. I went all the way through the checkout process and didn't find it. I immediately contacted customer service through their site and let them know. Heard nothing after a day, contacted again, then I was contacted by their customer service that the difference was refunded to my acct. Great, no problem.

I would keep trying thought their site and give them your order number too.

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
Thanks for the info. I tried through the site a few times but I'll try again and give them a call.  I have never had a problem with them in the past.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »
I still want more of these things.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
Nice setup!  My wife would never go for it  :'(
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
Nice setup!  My wife would never go for it  :'(

I know, a total bachlar pad!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2011, 02:17:10 AM »

Where did you find Captian Moron's?????  I would have bought that one in a second!!  Probably both as 1' and 2' sizes.

That's a great staircase you've got there!  I still want more of these, too.  I bought an awful lot of them in December, but haven't had the chance to put many of them up yet.  If enough wind up in one area, I'll post a pic.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2011, 02:29:03 AM »
I know, a total bachlar pad!

I have Wackys all over my bachelorette pad, not to mention spaceships and action figures.  A bonus feature of the LTL prints is they don't get dusty!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2011, 05:12:14 AM »
Where did you find Captian Moron's?????  I would have bought that one in a second!!  Probably both as 1' and 2' sizes.

That's a great staircase you've got there!  I still want more of these, too.  I bought an awful lot of them in December, but haven't had the chance to put many of them up yet.  If enough wind up in one area, I'll post a pic.
Captain Moron was specially made for me. It was a gift from my girlfriend with a little help from the artist, Smokin' Joe.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »

I know, it's really ashame to see them end. Glad I got a few 2 footers before 2010 was over. I still am amazed by how clear the image is dispite it being blown up to a large size compared to it's original state.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »
Just a thought, but didnt Mattel put a Wacky on a car roof? Saw the thread here. If they can do it, couldnt LTL do it if a high-res scan if it was supplied?  They just may still be available. I missed out on them  :'(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
Just a thought, but didnt Mattel put a Wacky on a car roof? Saw the thread here. If they can do it, couldnt LTL do it if a high-res scan if it was supplied?  They just may still be available. I missed out on them  :'(

They lost their rights to Topps art, so no nothing Wacky's is available.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
Then how can Mattel do it without rights?

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
Then how can Mattel do it without rights?
I  remember that post and the person who sent it in stated that "Mattel would put anything on a car" and the customer supplied the artwork.  (that is how I read into it)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
I  remember that post and the person who sent it in stated that "Mattel would put anything on a car" and the customer supplied the artwork.  (that is how I read into it)
LTL prints anything you send them. If you can get a hi res Wacky art scan they might print one for you. They just can't add it to their catalog.

Offline idiotcomic

• Anders
  • Anders
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
Most of you have heard of LTLPrints and the fantastic Wacky Packages wall graphics they offer. If you haven't you owe it to yourself to go check them out.
There is a link on the forum to go right to LTLPrints and check them out for yourself.
They recently also added the Hollywood Zombies collection and also have our own Jay Lynch art!
I have attached some of my quick pix I took around my 'mancave' to show how cool these are. I only have so much wall space so I have been rotating them out all over my basement. I just got in 30 new 2'ers from their most recent update of Wacky Packages art.

Check it out.
The wii is cool I love mario!
Howdy!

anything