Author Topic: LTL Prints  (Read 55557 times)

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
Re: LTL Prints
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »
Here's some covers me and Crumb did recently.  See....Morons AND boobs.  That what makes well rounded comix.  http://www.mineshaftmagazine.com/issue23.html

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2010, 02:56:49 PM »
Oh yeah....you can buy an LTL print of that Mineshaft cover.  Just go to http://ltlprints.com/jaylynch

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2010, 10:45:19 AM »
I am really hoping that H8 will be available as an LTL print.  I have a small fridge at work that's full of cans of V8 juice, and I would LOVE to be able to put a print of H8 on the front.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2010, 03:46:13 AM »
I am really hoping that H8 will be available as an LTL print.  I have a small fridge at work that's full of cans of V8 juice, and I would LOVE to be able to put a print of H8 on the front.
Why is this a permanent top of the board thread? It's been dead for months.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2010, 04:39:23 AM »
Why is this a permanent top of the board thread? It's been dead for months.

I've been hoping that LTL would get prints of the ANS7 Wackys - I wanted Ditz and County Time, in particular.  And I would have LOVED to put Starbeast, Kackel, and some other Halloween titles on my front door this weekend!

Has anyone who has purchased art from Topps Vault had any done as customs by LTL?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
And I would have LOVED to put Starbeast, Kackel, and some other Halloween titles on my front door this weekend!
Yeah!
I was thinking how cool and relatively easy and cheap it would be take some scans of the black and white Halloween sketches to the copy shop to blow them up to giant poster size for decorating. A life-sized Tootsie Troll would look incredible on my door! 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
Everyone! I just received a voice message from LTL and they are losing their WP license after the new year. If there is anything you want you better order now.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
Everyone! I just received a voice message from LTL and they are losing their WP license after the new year. If there is anything you want you better order now.

Just when our budgets have been streeetched to the limit!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to order a few before it's too late.

The wall clings have been one of my favorite new Wacky products, I hope some other company takes over the license.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »
Losing or is it they are opting not to renew?  Who is the driver in ending this relationship, Topps or LTL?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »
Losing or is it they are opting not to renew?  Who is the driver in ending this relationship, Topps or LTL?

Good question. I just ordered a Shrunken Donuts from them too. A friend saw it on my wall and really liked it, so I ordered her one for Christmas. I forgot to use one of my coupons I received from previous orders with LTL. I noticed it today pinned to my bulletin board. Might have to order a big one before it's all over.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »

From the message it sounded like Topps sent them a letter. I didn't call him back. I've been too busy.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2010, 07:33:16 AM »
From the message it sounded like Topps sent them a letter. I didn't call him back. I've been too busy.

Cease & desist letter? Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;D

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »
Any discounts available? I might order a bunch with a little incentive...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »

Send them an email. The thing is they don't stock anything other than the images on a PC and print as needed so their is no inventory to blow out.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2010, 03:39:52 PM »

they do have a few groups of "bundled" popular titles in 8" prints at 50% off.
they're all OS, except Pigs Blue Ribbon.
I can't believe that was actually a popular title to order

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2010, 07:01:47 PM »

Maybe someone has a coupon code? I know they sent me one in the past (for $5 off), but I can't find it, sorry.

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
Maybe someone has a coupon code? I know they sent me one in the past (for $5 off), but I can't find it, sorry.
a quick search shows that using the code:  +he+studio20  
will give you 20% off the entire order, which could give a lot more than $5  :P

I just now tried that code, and it works for the moment.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »
a quick search shows that using the code:  +he+studio20  
will give you 20% off the entire order, which could give a lot more than $5  :P

I just now tried that code, and it works for the moment.

Thanks, but when I tried it, it says "Coupon Expired".

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »
Thanks, but when I tried it, it says "Coupon Expired".
bummer.
I found 2 coupon codes listed yesterday, one was hestudio20, which gave and "expired", and +he+studio20, which was working at that time

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2010, 08:49:57 AM »
Carston from LTL gave me a code to share for 15% off:  WACKY-2010

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »

Thanks!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »
Thanks!!
So how many people are loading up on these hoping to flip them on ebay once they are "discontinued"?  Will be fun to watch that rat race as the dealers all undercut each other on price.  I heard that greg made a mention of these becoming desirable items

I hear people on greg's forum had theorized that Topps discontinued the relationship with LTL out of spite.  Do any of greg's lackeys have any facts to back that up?  Any chance it was LTL who discontinued it due to the license being too expensive and not making enough profits from it(much more likely that the conspiracy theory on greg's forum).

Now here is a thought.....how will Topps know if LTL actually stopped producing them versus someone like greg claiming they loaded up on like 100 prints of each title to "resume the business" through secondary offering yet LTL is really just printing these to fill the "secondary" market?

In other words, lets say a spiteful person like greg who has a vendetta against Topps and who's goal in life is to control all wacky pack product flow with his making profits along the way decides to continue to sell these on his website and as he receives orders, LTL prints them for him all under the guise of greg having pre-purchased stock that he is re-selling?  Any side bets that something like this will take place?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:19:42 PM by bandaches »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2010, 02:30:55 PM »
So how many people are loading up on these hoping to flip them on ebay once they are "discontinued"?  Will be fun to watch that rat race as the dealers all undercut each other on price.  I heard that greg made a mention of these becoming desirable items

I hear people on greg's forum had theorized that Topps discontinued the relationship with LTL out of spite.  Do any of greg's lackeys have any facts to back that up?  Any chance it was LTL who discontinued it due to the license being too expensive and not making enough profits from it(much more likely that the conspiracy theory on greg's forum).

Now here is a thought.....how will Topps know if LTL actually stopped producing them versus someone like greg claiming they loaded up on like 100 prints of each title to "resume the business" through secondary offering yet LTL is really just printing these to fill the "secondary" market?

In other words, lets say a spiteful person like greg who has a vendetta against Topps and who's goal in life is to control all wacky pack product flow with his making profits along the way decides to continue to sell these on his website and as he receives orders, LTL prints them for him all under the guise of greg having pre-purchased stock that he is re-selling?  Any side bets that something like this will take place?

I don't know if anyone would want to risk buying a bunch to flip. I sure as hell wouldn't. I would think the people that wanted them would have bought them by now. I'm sure there are a few out there that didn't know about them but I don't believe any have shown up on ebay.
If Greg wants to buy a bunch to sell later that wouldn't bother me at all. Who knows if LTL will print any on the side. My hunch is they weren't selling too many in the last year so Topps wasn't making any money. That's business.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2010, 03:01:48 PM »
I hear people on greg's forum had theorized that Topps discontinued the relationship with LTL out of spite. 

Ern, what are they saying the "spite" is? The only theories I can think for the license to end is:
1. They were not selling enough to warrant the license.
2. Another company bid higher for a license
3. LTL did not want the license anymore
4. Topps wants to do these themselves somehow

Whatever it is it's about money, not spite.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2010, 06:13:51 PM »

Thanks, seemed to work great!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:28 AM »
Ern, what are they saying the "spite" is? The only theories I can think for the license to end is:
1. They were not selling enough to warrant the license.
2. Another company bid higher for a license
3. LTL did not want the license anymore
4. Topps wants to do these themselves somehow

Whatever it is it's about money, not spite.

I spoke with Kendall yesterday, and it sounded like they just weren't making enough money for Topps.  But, from my perspective, Topps didn't do much to help with advertising, and they restricted titles for some reason - I'd have bought a lot more from LTL if postcard art had been available (H8 or Starbeast, anyone??).  And, I was waiting for ANS7 titles, as there were several titles I'd have gone for, including Ditz, Ghoul Scouts, and County Time.  How many people would have bought KissKatt if it had been available? 

Anyway, I've placed two orders this week, to get some more of these cool prints while I still can.  If anyone here is still on the fence, I can say that the Blunder and Ajerx are fantastic, and look sharp even at the 2' size.  Shrunkin Donuts is also sharp, but make sure you order the one with the intact lettering from the earlier LTL 'set', which seems to have been taken from high-res scans.  Kleenaxe looks great as a laptop size.  Demented Tomatoes is also really sharp - I have that in the 8" size in the discount set.  Lifeservers is also nice as a laptop size.  The later 'set' of OS titles that seem to have been taken from sticker scans or customer art scans vary, and many are missing lettering.

All of the Old School titles I've ordered look awesome at laptop size, or 11" high for portrait versions, and the two I have at 2' also look great.  Topps seemed to have provided better scans of these, and there wasn't any sticker lettering that I've noticed on the larger ones.  For ANS titles, I'm preferring a 12"-15" print for clarity, and to minimize the appearance of lettering edges.

The one postcard title, Scary Garcia, is awesome and incredibly sharp, even at 2'.  However, I'm liking my new 10"x12" version, as it is still incredibly detailed, and takes up a lot less wall space.  That's something else that changed since LTL first offered Wacky titles - the ability to choose a custom size.  That really improves the display options, especially for portrait orientation titles, which originally were about 8" high as the 'laptop' size, and the next size up was 2' high.

Just my 2¢ worth.  I figured I'd rather buy what I can this week than regret not getting more titles later.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:07:57 AM by RawGoo »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2010, 06:54:18 AM »
I spoke with Kendall yesterday, and it sounded like they just weren't making enough money for Topps.  But, from my perspective, Topps didn't do much to help with advertising, and they restricted titles for some reason - I'd have bought a lot more from LTL if postcard art had been available (H8 or Starbeast, anyone??).  And, I was waiting for ANS7 titles, as there were several titles I'd have gone for, including Ditz, Ghoul Scouts, and County Time.  How many people would have bought KissKatt if it had been available? 

Anyway, I've placed two orders this week, to get some more of these cool prints while I still can.  If anyone here is still on the fence, I can say that the Blunder and Ajerx are fantastic, and look sharp even at the 2' size.  Shrunkin Donuts is also sharp, but make sure you order the one with the intact lettering from the earlier LTL 'set', which seems to have been taken from high-res scans.  Kleenaxe looks great as a laptop size.  Demented Tomatoes is also really sharp - I have that in the 8" size in the discount set.  Lifeservers is also nice as a laptop size.  The later 'set' of OS titles that seem to have been taken from sticker scans or customer art scans vary, and many are missing lettering.

All of the Old School titles I've ordered look awesome at laptop size, or 11" high for portrait versions, and the two I have at 2' also look great.  Topps seemed to have provided better scans of these, and there wasn't any sticker lettering that I've noticed on the larger ones.  For ANS titles, I'm preferring a 12"-15" print for clarity, and to minimize the appearance of lettering edges.

The one postcard title, Scary Garcia, is awesome and incredibly sharp, even at 2'.  However, I'm liking my new 10"x12" version, as it is still incredibly detailed, and takes up a lot less wall space.  That's something else that changed since LTL first offered Wacky titles - the ability to choose a custom size.  That really improves the display options, especially for portrait orientation titles, which originally were about 8" high as the 'laptop' size, and the next size up was 2' high.

Just my 2¢ worth.  I figured I'd rather buy what I can this week than regret not getting more titles later.

Thanks for the info.

I ordered a few 2' ones - Commie Cleanser along with 2 you mentioned: Blunder Bread and Demented Tomatoes, so I'm very glad to hear that those two look great!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »
Ordered 2 - 2 footer's before going out last night and I noticed today Jan. 1st, there is no longer Wackys found on the LTL site.  :o

Couldn't find anywhere to enter the 15 percent off code, so I shot them an e-mail to credit me. Thought it would be on the last page of the ordering process - the Confirmation Page - but at that point, it already processed your payment. I do not think that page should be called "conformation", it is a bit misleading and I've seen this on other sites too. More appropriate, it should be called "final payment" or just "payment" page. To me, confirming information should be done BEFORE anything is PROCESSED.

Anyway, I got a Bluesberry for the band rehearsal room and a Chipanzee for the garage.  ;D

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
Couldn't find anywhere to enter the 15 percent off code, so I shot them an e-mail to credit me.
yeah, it is a bit odd. you have to click on the words "Coupon or Gift Certificate" on the shopping cart page just to create the little box that you then type the coupon code into. Why a nice, visible empty field/box isn't there by default, I don't know. Makes it very easy to overlook.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »
So, what did people get from LTL during the final days?  Myself, I went a little crazy, and I'll be able to decorate for quite some time.   :^)  Mostly 11-12" versions, but a couple of 2 footers.

Hi-Sea came out fantastic, it seems that scans from Old School were really good, allowing for very sharp prints.  I got a bunch of classic titles that also came out well, like Truant and Slayskool.  Some of the other classic titles were not nearly as good, but I had expected as much from the images on the site.  And, they're still cool Wackys.

What were other people's favorites?  

I'd like to tell Topps that they blew an opportunity with LTL.  I was waiting for ANS7 titles, and I was anticipating Old School 2 for some great new prints.  Leaving out postcard set titles also made me crazy - I really wanted H8!!!!  Why they restricted titles, and failed to give LTL the same quality images of OS titles as they gave Abrams for books and calendars is beyond me.  Then they cancelled the license because it wasn't paying enough?  Just doesn't make sense to me.

Here's a big "kudos" to Kendall and everyone at LTL for the great work they did to give us so many fantastic Wacky prints!!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2011, 01:07:41 PM »

Hi-Sea came out fantastic, it seems that scans from Old School were really good, allowing for very sharp prints.  

I had sent Topps some 600dpi and some 1200dpi scans of the OLDS1 stuff. Maybe they used those? They probably used 300dpi for most of the rest of the scans they sent.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »
So, what did people get from LTL during the final days?  Myself, I went a little crazy, and I'll be able to decorate for quite some time.   :^)  Mostly 11-12" versions, but a couple of 2 footers.

Hi-Sea came out fantastic, it seems that scans from Old School were really good, allowing for very sharp prints.  I got a bunch of classic titles that also came out well, like Truant and Slayskool.  Some of the other classic titles were not nearly as good, but I had expected as much from the images on the site.  And, they're still cool Wackys.

What were other people's favorites?  

I'd like to tell Topps that they blew an opportunity with LTL.  I was waiting for ANS7 titles, and I was anticipating Old School 2 for some great new prints.  Leaving out postcard set titles also made me crazy - I really wanted H8!!!!  Why they restricted titles, and failed to give LTL the same quality images of OS titles as they gave Abrams for books and calendars is beyond me.  Then they cancelled the license because it wasn't paying enough?  Just doesn't make sense to me.

Here's a big "kudos" to Kendall and everyone at LTL for the great work they did to give us so many fantastic Wacky prints!!

Great post, I couldn't agree more - the prints are one of my favorite Wacky items, and Kendall and LTL had great customer service (and I wish they had done the postcards, especially H8!). I can't figure why Topps didn't give them more support.

I love my 2' Blunder Bread and 1' Demented, like my 1' Kook Aid, and was disappointed in my 2' Commie Cleanser as the lettering is poor. It was obviously taken from a scan of the original art where the press on letters have begun to come off. Of the 8" ones I got, I really like Shot Wheels and Ajerx and kinda wished I had larger ones, especially of Ajerx.

My office now has a warm Wacky look to it. The only title anyone can see as they walk by is a 2' Quacker Oats - once they step in, they often look around and kinda go "whoa" - as in "whoa, I didn't know you were nuts".

I hope we are able to get this type of wall cling printed again at some point in the future.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:49:07 PM by DrSushi »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
Great post, I couldn't agree more - the prints are one of my favorite Wacky items, and Kendall and LTL had great customer service (and I wish they had done the postcards, especially H8!). I can't figure why Topps didn't give them more support.

I love my 2' Blunder Bread and 1' Demented, like my 1' Kook Aid, and was disappointed in my 2' Commie Cleanser as the lettering is poor. It was obviously taken from a scan of the original art where the press on letters have begun to come off. Of the 8" ones I got, I really like Shot Wheels and Ajerx and kinda wished I had larger ones, especially of Ajerx.

My office now has a warm Wacky look to it. The only title anyone can see as they walk by is a 2' Quacker Oats - once they step in, they often look around and kinda go "whoa" - as in "whoa, I didn't know you were nuts".

I hope we are able to get this type of wall cling printed again at some point in the future.

I agree. I hope LTL will bring them back in the future and I hope everyone on this forum got to have one of these.

I got 1' of Blunder Bread, Shrunken Donuts, Chock Full 'O Nuts & Bolts (all in the kitchen), Crust, Mustard Charge, Red & Blue Wrappers and 2' of Hopeless Fruit Fly and Chimpanzee Spark Plugs. Damn, didn't realize I got this many. They really are great, especially when someone walks into a room and points at one and laughs.  :]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2011, 03:02:35 AM »
I had sent Topps some 600dpi and some 1200dpi scans of the OLDS1 stuff. Maybe they used those? They probably used 300dpi for most of the rest of the scans they sent.

I have three 2' Old School prints (Hi-Sea, Qreep, and Frankenbrainy), and the quality is incredible.  My 2' Dead & Buried is really sharp too - I suspect that Mark also provided a hi-res scan.

The added ability to customize the print size was really great for portrait orientation titles.  'Laptop' size for Blam-O seemed too small, like 6x8, so I got that as a 9x11.  The quality of the scans is apparent in that size as well, and the lines in that frisbee are fantastic!  I also got 11" sizes of Bacteria and and Project 19, and they're great.

I have a 2' Fruity Peppers, and while it looks nice, it doesn't seem nearly as sharp as the 2' Old School titles.  Same with my other 2' ANS titles, most of which I think are your work.  Did you provide Topps with hi-res scans of your ANS art, or would those likely be the 300dpi you mentioned?

anything