Author Topic: Censorship  (Read 9538 times)

Offline Joe G.

Censorship
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:48:16 AM »
My 6 year old son Josh started collected Wackies last year and had a blast and put together an impressive ANS 7 collection.  He's in first grade and in his class, each student gets a week in which they add an entry to the Class book and make a poster showing their interests.  The poster hangs on the classroom door for the week.  So my son put together his poster and in addition to Lego's, superheroes, monsters, Captain Klutz and Spy vs Spy added about 12 series 7 Wackies.  Well the teacher refused to hang the poster unless he removed "Ditz" and "Wiiz."  Now "Wiiz" is one of his favorites so he was pretty angry.  He wanted to keep the poster and didn't want it ruined.  So we decided to put "censored" bars over the two offending Wackies.  Not sure how this will play out but as it's already Thursday so most of his week is over.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: Censorship
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:09 AM »
So we decided to put "censored" bars over the two offending Wackies.  Not sure how this will play out but as it's already Thursday so most of his week is over.
Excellent idea! Let us know the teacher's reaction.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »
Well the teacher refused to hang the poster unless he removed "Ditz" and "Wiiz."  

That's kinda awesome! Just like old times! Pissing off the establishment.

Taz

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
Share a snapshot of the poster if you can.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
Now the word "Ditz" offends? Motherfucking tragic. This society is getting more sensitive by the day. What's going to be left in another 10 years?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
My 6 year old son Josh started collected Wackies last year and had a blast and put together an impressive ANS 7 collection.  He's in first grade and in his class, each student gets a week in which they add an entry to the Class book and make a poster showing their interests.  The poster hangs on the classroom door for the week.  So my son put together his poster and in addition to Lego's, superheroes, monsters, Captain Klutz and Spy vs Spy added about 12 series 7 Wackies.  Well the teacher refused to hang the poster unless he removed "Ditz" and "Wiiz."  Now "Wiiz" is one of his favorites so he was pretty angry.  He wanted to keep the poster and didn't want it ruined.  So we decided to put "censored" bars over the two offending Wackies.  Not sure how this will play out but as it's already Thursday so most of his week is over.
Replace it with MORON SALT...and DIMWIT DOTS!!!I am going to get my son to try that at his school...will report back!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
Replace it with MORON SALT...and DIMWIT DOTS!!!

Or Mountain Duo and Fiasco.

Offline idiotcomic

• Anders
  • Anders
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »

wow your son has  a mean teacher. When i was in second grade we did something like that and i put wackys on it and she hung my poster up. I also brought in my pig book of GPK and Wacky packages to show the class
Howdy!

Offline emoticon

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »
What's funny is that there are more pee and poop jokes on TV than ever before - even on the Disney Channel. However, schools have gotten more and more conservative over time.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
Thanks for the support on this.  Today we live in such a PC word that most people are hesitant to support anything that's has even a bit controversial.  My son is a bit young now but I'm going to print out the forum responses so he can see them when he's older.  I'm sure he'll get a kick out of them. 

So although the teacher initially agreed to the "censored" bars I guess they were drawing too much attention.  She has now covered those with just blank pieces of paper.  So our "censored" got "censored."  I'll have my wife take a picture when she picks Joshua up so I can post a picture.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »
wow your son has  a mean teacher. When i was in second grade we did something like that and i put wackys on it and she hung my poster up. I also brought in my pig book of GPK and Wacky packages to show the class
Do a lot of kids at your school know what Wacky Packages are?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »
No, my son is the only kid in his class that collects them.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »

So although the teacher initially agreed to the "censored" bars I guess they were drawing too much attention.  She has now covered those with just blank pieces of paper.  So our "censored" got "censored."  I'll have my wife take a picture when she picks Joshua up so I can post a picture.

Makes you wonder, if it had never been censored at all, how much attention it would have caused. My guess is none. If kids grow up watching Nichelodean and Cartoon Network, they are already saturated by pee and poop jokes by first grade, I would think the Wacky Packages to be tame. What kid raised on REN AND STIMPY
is going to think twice about WIIZ or DITZ?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
Wow, this teacher needs to loosen up a bit.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 03:49:08 PM »
Thanks for the support on this.  Today we live in such a PC word that most people are hesitant to support anything that's has even a bit controversial.  My son is a bit young now but I'm going to print out the forum responses so he can see them when he's older.  I'm sure he'll get a kick out of them. 

Maybe this story will get picked up by your local news and Wackys would get a boost of exposure! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »

I'm offended! 

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/997895583_bKEnX-L.jpg[/expando]

Compliments of Sue Mee

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »
Kudos to your son for the idea of putting CENSORED over the offending Wackys.

I wonder if someone told his teacher they were offended by censorship if she'd go into some kind of infinite-loop shutdown like Kirk outwitting the umpteenth android/computer.

Worth a try mb.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
Now the word "Ditz" offends? Motherfucking tragic. This society is getting more sensitive by the day. What's going to be left in another 10 years?

I predict the words, "the" and "is" will become very offensive to many. You will be arrested and/or thrown out of school for using such profanity.  :o  Damn belligerent trouble makers.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »
I'm offended! 

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/997895583_bKEnX-L.jpg[/expando]

Compliments of Sue Mee

How could anyone be offended. It says right on it that it's the CRACKERS themselves that are the Ditz! Not anyone in the classroom.

Here's a Playbug idea for ya. Next school project he should use the Land O Quakes indian girl and do the boob job thing with it, just make sure to put censored on the box she's holding.  :P

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 05:49:50 AM »
Kudos to your son for the idea of putting CENSORED over the offending Wackys.

I wonder if someone told his teacher they were offended by censorship if she'd go into some kind of infinite-loop shutdown like Kirk outwitting the umpteenth android/computer.

Worth a try mb.

We should all go to that school at night and cover the school with flashback base stickers.  haha  Lord knows we have enough of those!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
Here's Josh's poster.  My wife said that the teacher had covered up a third Wacky but she couldn't remember which it was.  I'll post the poster without the green stickers once we get it back.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
Here's Josh's poster.  My wife said that the teacher had covered up a third Wacky but she couldn't remember which it was.  I'll post the poster without the green stickers once we get it back.

Dude! Very nice..Rock on! A least he got the other Wacky's to be shown..she didn't censor all of them!!
My son had American Indian day today...but I was thinking about putting Wacky's on his Indian Vest...the one I wore in '73 when I was his age...but I didn't want to deface the vest!!! :o I will try with the next project.. :-\

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »
Here's Josh's poster.  My wife said that the teacher had covered up a third Wacky but she couldn't remember which it was.  I'll post the poster without the green stickers once we get it back.

That is one action packed poster! Nice Job Josh !!  :great:

Love the positioning and drawing of the spy vs spy guy on the side and Batman & Robin.

Offline idiotcomic

• Anders
  • Anders
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
Josh is a good artist for a 2nd grader
Howdy!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 07:39:02 AM »
Sorry to have not posted the full poster yet, I've been on a business trip and have not been able to. 

My wife just told me something I had to post.  Josh has a ton of Wacky erasers and is using them as erasers (he has his collection ones separate).  Well his teacher will not let him use a Wacky eraser in class.  So that's a second case of Wacky censorship!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
Sorry to have not posted the full poster yet, I've been on a business trip and have not been able to. 

My wife just told me something I had to post.  Josh has a ton of Wacky erasers and is using them as erasers (he has his collection ones separate).  Well his teacher will not let him use a Wacky eraser in class.  So that's a second case of Wacky censorship!

That's Crazy...I bet its the 'DITZ' eraser... >:D

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »

Seems he is learning a different kind of lesson that what the class is actually for. What subject is the teacher supposedly teaching?

Offline idiotcomic

• Anders
  • Anders
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
seems like the teacher has a secret past with wacky pack stuff and holds a grudge over all things wacky. If thats the case then thats why. Why its good that kids bring wacky stuff to school... Then other kids might start collecting and trading.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:07:08 PM by idiotcomic »
Howdy!

Offline Crust

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 05:22:04 PM »
Geese, sounds like this teacher is seriously paranoid about Wackies. Is she a young teacher or older? Maybye if she's old,  maybye she rembers the first wackypackages craze from the 70's, she could not stop that and this is her attempt at revenge?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
Geese, sounds like this teacher is seriously paranoid about Wackies. Is she a young teacher or older? Maybye if she's old,  maybye she rembers the first wackypackages craze from the 70's, she could not stop that and this is her attempt at revenge?

Maybe her little brother punched out all her die-cuts.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
Maybe her little brother punched out all her die-cuts.

Maybe she could never get that Band Aches, Mutts, Paul Maul or Lavirus?

Maybe her sister or brother wrote on the backs of the cards?

Maybe she was punished for ratting out her sister or brother when they cursed?

Maybe she's on a power ego boss trip?

Maybe all of the above?