Author Topic: New to post  (Read 8682 times)

Offline hurricanes

New to post
« on: February 22, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
Hello to all on the Forum. I am new and hope to participate alot.
Thanks

Offline DrSushi

Re: New to post
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
Thanks

Welcome!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »
Thanks

Welcome aboard hurricanes!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:05:06 PM »
Thanks

Welcome aboard!  Hurricanes as in Miami or your favorite storm?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »
I am a Miami Hurricane, graduate of 1990.

Thanks

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 07:27:23 PM »
Thanks

Welcome, are you new to collecting Wackys as well?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:55 AM »
Hello Dr. Popper

I was raised in South Miami and used to buy Wacky Packs in the early 1970's, I was in Elementary School. I kept them. Totally out of the picture until early 2003, when I got on Ebay. I bought Wacky Packs from Topps Vault and was able to get other Wacky Stuff from years back. I miserably failed trying to get a set of Wacky Labels(on cans) on Ebay that I remember, price was very high. I fell out of the picture again until a few months ago when I started looking back at what I had. I was googling(?) some web sites and found your forum. I was happy to see this. I'm glad to find a group very knowledgeable in Wacky Packages.

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 03:43:14 AM »
Addendum:about 2 years ago, I tried to have a UK Wacky pack graded by PSA(to protect it more than anything), they wouldn't do it. Apparently, they were not familiar enough with this pack to grade it.  ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 06:08:21 AM »
Hello Dr. Popper

I was raised in South Miami and used to buy Wacky Packs in the early 1970's, I was in Elementary School. I kept them. Totally out of the picture until early 2003, when I got on Ebay. I bought Wacky Packs from Topps Vault and was able to get other Wacky Stuff from years back. I miserably failed trying to get a set of Wacky Labels(on cans) on Ebay that I remember, price was very high. I fell out of the picture again until a few months ago when I started looking back at what I had. I was googling(?) some web sites and found your forum. I was happy to see this. I'm glad to find a group very knowledgeable in Wacky Packages.

So are you back into collecting the vintage series now or the newer post-2004 stuff?

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 06:24:33 AM »
Hello Rob

Sorry, cant get at all into any new stuff. Just old stuff.

Frank

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
Addendum:about 2 years ago, I tried to have a UK Wacky pack graded by PSA(to protect it more than anything), they wouldn't do it. Apparently, they were not familiar enough with this pack to grade it.  ;)

GAI never let a lack of knowledge stop them. Glad to see PSA is more responsible.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 10:32:07 AM »
Hello Rob

Sorry, cant get at all into any new stuff. Just old stuff.

Frank

That's cool, I collect both, and you'll find a little of both kinds here.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 06:46:02 PM »
Welcome aboard hurricanes!

(Image removed from quote.)

Too Funny ! LOL  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »
Question?
Bought a UK Unopened pack from Topps Vault early 2004. Paid alot. At that time, all I could look at was Wacky Package Gallery which listed them as rare. Within the year, 2 other packs and then a full Box of UK Wacky Unopened packs sold on Topps Vault. Has any others surfaced? Did this dimish the cost of the packs, as more became available? Anyone know what they are worth now?

Frank

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
Question?
Bought a UK Unopened pack from Topps Vault early 2004. Paid alot. At that time, all I could look at was Wacky Package Gallery which listed them as rare. Within the year, 2 other packs and then a full Box of UK Wacky Unopened packs sold on Topps Vault. Has any others surfaced? Did this dimish the cost of the packs, as more became available? Anyone know what they are worth now?

Frank
Which series are you referring to? I had a nearly fill box of the blue packs long before Toppsvault began peddling their findings.  I sold all of the packs for around $100-$150(some had looser flaps and hence were $100 and the ones that were more prestine were $150).  As for value now, items that sell so seldomly are hard to assign fixed values, at any moment you get two people who want an item and the price is driven up on ebay.  I would say the pack would still command north of $100 even though wackys in general have settled in prices in line with the recession.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 05:57:37 AM »
Question?

Frank

If you're talking about the (blue) 1st series UK packs, they still don't turn up often on ebay, so I would still consider them rare, if not very high demand. I don't recall the full box you're talking about, but if one was sold, it must have been kept as a full box, because that number of packs certainly has not surfaced.

As for the (green) 2nd series UK packs, they are harder to value because they are not discernable from funpacks for which the same wrapper and UK checklist was used. I think most people just consider these two packs to be the same item and value accordingly.

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »
Hello Paul Maul

Sorry, I was talking about the Blue Packs. This is the one that PSA would not grade.

Frank

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 06:49:34 PM »
Hello Bandaches.

I was curious as to where you found a whole box of UK Blue Packs? You mentioned you had them in the past and sold them at $100 to $150 each.

Frank