Author Topic: OS Display Box Poster now available  (Read 8140 times)

Offline bigtomi

OS Display Box Poster now available
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »
The OS Display Box poster is now available! Looks really great, it's 28" x 28", printed in super high quality on heavier stock and is extremely affordable. I just ordered one.
Go get yours now!

Rob (Dr. Popper) helped print these up with Greg, so my thanks to them both!!

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: OS Display Box Poster now available
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:57:28 AM »
That looks very nice, a really sharp job.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »
That's pretty stellar - I love seeing groups of vintage items assembled together like that.   Rob and Greg did a great job on it. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:21:50 PM »
That's pretty stellar - I love seeing groups of vintage items assembled together like that.   Rob and Greg did a great job on it. 

I hadn't really noticed until seeing them all together in a line-up like that how the 12th series box (attired in classic white), pops out from the crowd. Yes officer... that's the Wacky Pack box that stole my childhood!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »

I wonder if the people Greg has banned from his forum will get bumped off-line if they attempt to order this.

I see we can enter a promo code on the order page, and I might try "Backyard BBQ" to see if I get the discount.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
I hadn't really noticed until seeing them all together in a line-up like that how the 12th series box (attired in classic white), pops out from the crowd. Yes officer... that's the Wacky Pack box that stole my childhood!

I got one part of a package deal. The top is detached. If anyone wants it I'm sure its for sale ;)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 05:30:44 PM »
The OS Display Box poster is now available! Looks really great, it's 28" x 28", printed in super high quality on heavier stock and is extremely affordable. I just ordered one.
Go get yours now!

Rob (Dr. Popper) helped print these up with Greg, so my thanks to them both!!

Thank you Tom for posting this pic, Out of all those boxes, The only 2 I ever owned at 1 time were the 10th & 16th.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »
Thank you Tom for posting this pic, Out of all those boxes, The only 2 I ever owned at 1 time were the 10th & 16th.
Now you can have all 16 for less than a buck each!

I have a 3rd, 7th, 7th gumless, 12th, 14th, 16th and blue poster from the OS. I think that's all of those. 'course, my jewel box (LOL) is my Campy die-cut. I also have one of each from post-OS, a couple of them full. I suppose the only thing not represented to any extent is an Ad box; maybe someday. I wound up collecting many more display boxes than I ever thought I would, 'specially the die-cut one.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:59:50 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »
Now you can have all 16 for less than a buck each!

I have a 3rd, 7th, 7th gumless, 12th, 14th, 16th and blue poster from the OS. I think that's all of those. 'course, my jewel box (LOL) is my Campy die-cut. I also have one of each from post-OS, a couple of them full. I suppose the only thing not represented to any extent is an Ad box; maybe someday. I wound up collecting many more display boxes than I ever thought I would, 'specially the die-cut one.

Very nice collection there Sir.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »
Very nice collection there Sir.
Grassy ass. BTW: Thanks for the card! Got it today. Hope you and yours have a nice holiday!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 07:56:23 PM »
Grassy ass. BTW: Thanks for the card! Got it today. Hope you and yours have a nice holiday!

Glad you got the card OK, Hope your holiday is nice also.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 12:25:23 PM »

I got 1 of the display box posters from Greg as a Christmas gift, But I have no room on my Wacky wall to display it.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »

I got 1 of the display box posters from Greg as a Christmas gift, But I have no room on my Wacky wall to display it.
That is the issue, too much stuff to display so I have decided not to buy any more bootlegged stuff.  I never ended up displaying the poster of all wackys made by the guy from Canada(forgot his name).  I have enough legit Topps stuff in uncut sheets and new Topps posters to display as it is.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »
That is the issue, too much stuff to display so I have decided not to buy any more bootlegged stuff.  I never ended up displaying the poster of all wackys made by the guy from Canada(forgot his name).  I have enough legit Topps stuff in uncut sheets and new Topps posters to display as it is.

You have to admit, It is a very cool poster, If this is the only way I can own all 16 boxes, I'm satisfied-LOL.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »

You have to admit, It is a very cool poster, If this is the only way I can own all 16 boxes, I'm satisfied-LOL.
I haven't seen the final version but early versions looked cool.  Make no mistake about it, a poster of boxes doesn't come close to owning display boxes.  I would take a $20 value beaten up original display box over a bootleg poster any day especially given the point you made that we all just don't have unlimited way space.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »
I haven't seen the final version but early versions looked cool.  Make no mistake about it, a poster of boxes doesn't come close to owning display boxes.  I would take a $20 value beaten up original display box over a bootleg poster any day especially given the point you made that we all just don't have unlimited way space.

Just out of curiousity, What would be the most you would pay for each box if the condition was very nice on each one.

anything